British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

British Semi-finals

Can't see the problem with Rory in British semi let's face it up till last season when a certain Aussie in the British Final and raced for England in the World Cup so why not Rory ? Let's hope he's up for a WC place as well

list been updated Wright out Newman in

How does Boxall get in before Wright who now has got no place now

Edited by idh

Kyle is only not riding now due to the 28 day contracts , he was actually contacted by a member of the m/c asking if he would be fit and he told them yes he would be.

So Kyle has told them he will be fit to ride, but he misses out because of the 28 day rule? Surely the 28 day rule is for riding in a team, not an individual competition.

So basically they have given a British place in a British competition to an Aussie journeyman nearing the end of his career?

What a total crock of crap. Schlein should do the right thing and withdraw. Simple as that.

I started a thread a few weeks ago about stopping Aussies taking British places, but this one really takes the biscuit!

Disgraceful.

Edit. Although they have seen the light to allow Newman in, what about Wright? He is British. schlein out, Wright in!

Brits first, second and third! Just because a rider is riding on an acu license doesnt make him British.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 4

So Kyle has told them he will be fit to ride, but he misses out because of the 28 day rule? Surely the 28 day rule is for riding in a team, not an individual competition.

So basically they have given a British place in a British competition to an Aussie journeyman nearing the end of his career?

What a total crock of crap. Schlein should do the right thing and withdraw. Simple as that.

I started a thread a few weeks ago about stopping Aussies taking British places, but this one really takes the biscuit!

Disgraceful.

Edit. Although they have seen the light to allow Newman in, what about Wright? He is British. schlein out, Wright in!

Brits first, second and third! Just because a rider is riding on an acu license doesnt make him British.

You tell Schlein that Steve. For what its worth i totally agree with you..

All Schlein does is moan about the bspa and British speedway yet he's in this in place of riders who deserve it more then him! Disgrace!

• Like 1

Saw Charles Wright score a superb 15pt maximum at the Showground two weeks ago, so his omission from the semi's is somewhat baffling :o

• Like 1

Ive got to be missing something here, can someone confirm I'm not losing it. Charles Wright is not in the semi final but Rory Schlein is. It's the 24th today not the 1st.

• Like 1

Ive got to be missing something here, can someone confirm I'm not losing it. Charles Wright is not in the semi final but Rory Schlein is. It's the 24th today not the 1st.

With BSPA, every day is the 1st!

• Like 1

Wright has clearly withdrawn as he was in the original line up, don't get your knickers in a twist 😉
  • Like 1

Yeh but surely I've got more right to be in it than Rory Schlein

• Like 1

This is a complete shambles.

We have an Australian rider in the British switch finals.

A good rider missing due to an odd ruling and some odd riders stepping in who are riding only in the National League but other riders in the Premiership who have moved up and performed well are missing out.

I swear these rules are pulled out of a random top hat.

• Like 1

This is a complete shambles.

We have an Australian rider in the British switch finals.

A good rider missing due to an odd ruling and some odd riders stepping in who are riding only in the National League but other riders in the Premiership who have moved up and performed well are missing out.

I swear these rules are pulled out of a random top hat.

Shush.........

Don't give the game away JB...

Everyone will laugh at British Speedway and suggest a certain Walt Disney Mouse (not Minnie) was involved if this got out...

Schtum.....😨

Edited by mikebv

Wright has been excellent so far this season - I can only imagine he has withdrawn otherwise this is baffling.

Wright hates Newcastle, he attended the north press day but didn't ride, his view is I'll ride in club official meetings but nothing else. He would be wasting his time in semi at Newcastle, so I commend him for withdrawing and giving another rider a chance!

• Like 2