British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

British Semi-finals

Looks like you are correct MM

Just Tweeted by SGB

CONFIRMED | Kyle Newman called into British Semi-Final at Newcastle after Charles Wright stood down. Story on http://speedwaygb.co soon.

Didn't think you were allowed to withdraw from official meetings....

Wright hates Newcastle, he attended the north press day but didn't ride, his view is I'll ride in club official meetings but nothing else. He would be wasting his time in semi at Newcastle, so I commend him for withdrawing and giving another rider a chance!

Shame, was looking forward to watching him in the final at the NSS - an outside chance of a podium IMHO

Fellow Poole assets helping one another. Well done Charles. :-)

Can you imagine if schlein won the final, got the wildcard at Cardiff and represented Australia..... that would take some explaining.

• Like 3

So Kyle has told them he will be fit to ride, but he misses out because of the 28 day rule? Surely the 28 day rule is for riding in a team, not an individual competition.

So basically they have given a British place in a British competition to an Aussie journeyman nearing the end of his career?

What a total crock of crap. Schlein should do the right thing and withdraw. Simple as that.

I started a thread a few weeks ago about stopping Aussies taking British places, but this one really takes the biscuit!

Disgraceful.

Edit. Although they have seen the light to allow Newman in, what about Wright? He is British. schlein out, Wright in!

Brits first, second and third! Just because a rider is riding on an acu license doesnt make him British.

Not true. Kyle was asked if he would be fit, and said he was hoping to get the all clear from the docs on 1ST MAY.

Joonas Kylmakorpi and Metaj Ferjan both switched countries in the World Cup. There was rumours of Emil Sayfutdinov doing the same too.

Rory has British citizenship so can't see the issue myself. Sucks that Kyle Newman misses out somehow.

Rory was told years ago that he had to ride on a british license for a minimum of 3 years before he would be considered eligible for the British championship. This is his fifth year. Even tho he has represented Australia he was riding on a british license.

kyle told BSPA , when asked, that his next docs appointment was 1st May.

And reason to why Wright is out?

His choice.

• Like 1

Nice to see that the BSF mis information machine is still in operation.

• Like 1

Does this mean Schlein could ride for GB in the World Cup?

The likes of Clegg, Bewley should be involved ahead of Schlein.

Edited by The Cheese
  • Like 3

Does this mean Schlein could ride for GB in the World Cup?

The likes of Clegg, Bewley should be involved ahead of Schlein.

Rory said he wants nothing to do with team GB in the SWC.

He's only doing the British champs because he can (his words)

Can you imagine if schlein won the final, got the wildcard at Cardiff and represented Australia..... that would take some explaining.

If Schlein won the wild card for Cardiff, the only British riders would be the two reserves!!

• Like 1

I'm not sure we can say to much about Rory when I believe, and I may be incorrect, that our young Brits have taken part in Ozzie champs over the years haven't they?

Rory said he wants nothing to do with team GB in the SWC.

He's only doing the British champs because he can (his words)

The bspa should remove him from the competition and give the place to a young BRITISH lad. (My words).

• Like 1

Bridger did last year when the semi final was at Glasgow

Bridger did last year when the semi final was at Glasgow

No he didn't withdraw. He just couldn't be arsed to turn up.

No he didn't withdraw. He just couldn't be arsed to turn up.

A subtle difference :wink: