British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

British Semi-finals

Complete P take by Schlein. Disgraceful he is in the event. So clear he is after the wildcard for Cardiff. The scb should make it clear to him before the final that even if he wins it, the place at Cardiff will go to a Brit.

Sidney the robin not sure what point you are trying to make about Kyle but it was his second meeting of the season after returning from injury. A race fit Kyle Newman would have breezed through to the final. Thought he did a decent job considering his situation. Looking forward to his return to the team, hopefully next week.

• Like 1

Complete P take by Schlein. Disgraceful he is in the event. So clear he is after the wildcard for Cardiff. The scb should make it clear to him before the final that even if he wins it, the place at Cardiff will go to a Brit.

Sidney the robin not sure what point you are trying to make about Kyle but it was his second meeting of the season after returning from injury. A race fit Kyle Newman would have breezed through to the final. Thought he did a decent job considering his situation. Looking forward to his return to the team, hopefully next week.

Are you SURE you are deluded ? Newcastle is always a hard task and he has not qualified other years.Other riders Brits you have knocked last year you said they were inferior Worralsx2 Auty,Wright,Bates,Starke,Garrity, have all made regular British Finals BREEZE through you are having a laugh.

Schlein being in is bonkers but if he wins and gets the Cardiff wildcard it sinks the bspa lower than I thought possible if it was there decision to let him ride, is it me just being thick I don't get why he's in it anyway. Il Listen to any arguments for letting him ride but I just don't get why he's in it

• Like 3

As an Ipswich fan i agree with you re Schlein.............no way he should be allowed to ride at Cardiff

But your opinion on Newman is totally a biased Poole one.

Is Newman better than any of the riders who qualified?? Schlein , Garrity, Both Worralls, King and Lawson are better riders.

Paul Starke has improved and made and done well in British Finals so no guarantee Newman would have done better.

He may have got through ahead of Rose on a different track, but then factor in than Lambert wasnt there and he would still have had issues getting through even if fully fit.

Add in Barker as well and to say a fully fit Newman would have breezed through is total bias

Schlein being in is bonkers but if he wins and gets the Cardiff wildcard it sinks the bspa lower than I thought possible if it was there decision to let him ride, is it me just being thick I don't get why he's in it anyway. Il Listen to any arguments for letting him ride but I just don't get why he's in it

Over Bewley?🙁 Edited by Sidney the robin

Agree Sid , absolutely bonkers Bewley should have been in regardless. Speedway bends and breaks rules at a wim so Bewley should have been given a place

Where's my float gone?

How good would it have been for the Belle Vue fans to be able to have maybe cheered Bewley on in the BF.

I suspect he'd have been a bit out of his depth, rather like this afternoon.

For what it's worth I've no agenda against Rory just the ridiculous situation

I also think for the good of the final and prestige (what's left of it) certain riders should be seeded already i.e. Harris Cook King Nicholls Lambert maybe S Worrall leaving leaving two semis giving an opportunity for a lot of young British riders to compete over the two qualifiers ....minus Schlein...just my view don't shoot me over it!

Yeah agreed it's more what's the point of it isn't it especially as in view he doesn't wish to ride for GB??!

What I can't get my head round is apart from 'because I can' why the hell does Schlein actually want to ride in a British Championship therefore attempting to become a British Champion but has zero interest in riding for Britain?? You shouldn't be allowed to class yourself as British Champion if you don't want to be British?! What a p*sstake

I am sure that in your ACU licence application/renewal form you have to state if you are available for such competitions. Was introduced a few years ago when Brits were not interested in these comps.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

I suspect he'd have been a bit out of his depth, rather like this afternoon.

Being young he is up and down at the moment, have a look at his scores but there is real quality there i have no doubt if he was in a BF now he would be on the pace.And every race he was in you could not really predict what he was going to do he is that good i think. Edited by Sidney the robin

I am sure that in your ACU licence application/renewal form you have to state if you are available for such competitions. Was introduced a few years ago when Brits were not interesed in these comps.

Just looked again and it's the SCB application form, and it asks the riders to tick the boxes if they wish to participate in British Championships, FIM Rounds, and Test matches.

Being young he is up and down at the moment, have a look at his scores but there is real quality there i have no doubt if he was in a BF now he would be on the pace.And every race he was in you could not really predict what he was going to do he is that good i think.

I agree to a point Sidney, Dan's an exciting prospect, really smooth style for a kid who's only raced speedway for just over a year. With my Aces colours on I worry about burn out with him racing in three leagues. He's on the pace with the opposition at Belle Vue this year, however I'd protect him from BF level til next year. He could really mix it next season though.

I agree to a point Sidney, Dan's an exciting prospect, really smooth style for a kid who's only raced speedway for just over a year. With my Aces colours on I worry about burn out with him racing in three leagues. He's on the pace with the opposition at Belle Vue this year, however I'd protect him from BF level til next year. He could really mix it next season though.

Three leagues is a big ask for anyone mostly on your aquipment wear n tear but for me Dan and his teams hardest tasks are getting the set ups right.There is such a fine line between doing really well and well with experience on that side he will do well.