Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Brandonbee 48 Rip

Oh no how terribly sad, always seemed one of the nice guys on here what a dreadfully young age so cruel , i offer my deepest condolences to Alans family and no doubt many friends

Oh no how terribly sad, always seemed one of the nice guys on here what a dreadfully young age so cruel , i offer my deepest condolences to Alans family and no doubt many friends

You might not have realised that Alan was 73 when he passed away- i think the 48 is the 1st year he went to Brandon aged 4.

Edited by racers and royals

You might not have realised that Alan was 73 when he passed away- i think the 48 is the 1st year he went to Brandon aged 4.

So sorry my apologies , I read someone on other social media say he was 48 even so still no age and ever so sad

Alan loved the fact that the Swedish tracks were surrounded by trees, which you have captured perfectly.

He wasn't the only one. I still cherish my visits to Sweden.

Alan clearly had impeccable taste, in scenery and female TV presenters. Hard to believe we'll hear no more of his wisdom.

Edited by rmc

He wasn't the only one. I still cherish my visits to Sweden.

Alan clearly had impeccable taste, in scenery and female TV presenters. Hard to believe we'll hear no more of his wisdom.

Was thinking about this on Sunday when watching Wroclaw v Torun with Daria doing the presentation.

Condolences to all family, friends and loved ones.

• Like 1

Thank you to all of you for your kind words and tributes to Alan. He loved speedway, almost as much as anything in his life, and all of you added to his enjoyment of the sport in recent years. He often marveled at the technology that allowed him to watch the meets in real time in a way that he could only dream of a few years ago. Our pastor commented at the service on Saturday that he soon learned that, if he stopped by to visit on Sunday afternoons, Alan was polite to him but he knew that he was keeping him from something even more important to him - his speedway.

To nw42, yes the photo that Alan posted was taken on the London Eye during our trip to England in May 2013. The trip was a delayed honeymoon after our wedding in 2012, and it was on that visit that we were welcomed by Tim and his wife.

Thank you again to all of you for helping to bring such joy to Alan's life.

Karen

Karen,

The pleasure of his company here can only give us a small insight into your loss. Please take some minor solace in the fact that, using that technology that so impressed him, he reached people, most of whom he would never meet, and made their lives that little bit happier.

There are few things in this world that I really hate, but cancer is certainly one of them.

May you find peace in time.

• Like 2

Was thinking about this on Sunday when watching Wroclaw v Torun with Daria doing the presentation.

So was I...

Also wondering what kept him from being active on the International section. Going through some different section today I came across this most sad news of him passing away. I wish to express my deepest sympathy to Alan's wife - Karen, and his family. I know that he also loved and followed Polish speedway and was always courteous and well humoured. Rest In Peace, Alan.

• Like 1