British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar Bears V Newcastle Diamonds Championship Thursday 27th April 2017

This was Lambert views on last night

Redcar tonight a meeting that should have been called off before it even started. Getting 3 thirds and a chain snap at the start wasn't the best night. With dirt 4inches deep and can't even walk on it, that's the joke of British speedway and then they wonder why they don't have the top boys racing here.

Somerset tomorrow hope for a better day.

Never mind, mummy'll kiss it better.

Poole was in superb condition the night before of course.

• Like 3

Disappointed by Lamberts comments - yes it was wet but as others have said it dried out as the meeting went on and there was some very competitive racing.

He seemed to be able to walk on it ok when he was waving to the crowd all the way down the home straight!

• Like 1

Disappointed by Lamberts comments - yes it was wet but as others have said it dried out as the meeting went on and there was some very competitive racing.

He seemed to be able to walk on it ok when he was waving to the crowd all the way down the home straight!

By waving, are you referring to the part of the night where he was gesturing for people to boo him louder? ;):lol:

Yes that's the one DiamondGlory.

If we had known about his comments we could have boo'ed even louder :)

• Like 2

Given that he rides at Kings Lynn every week where it is always deep I find his comments odd.

Did any other Newcastle riders make comments ?

Given that he rides at Kings Lynn every week where it is always deep I find his comments odd.

Did any other Newcastle riders make comments ?

Riders need to stop making stupid remarks on Facebook Twitter etc .They soon will have to make money abroad (if the get paid ).Get a day job if they are moaning all the time.

Pretty poor from Lambert that I have to say. Track was certainly wet at the start, and from his interview on Redcar facebook before the meeting was clear he did not fancy it. After 3 or 4 heats the track settled down though and we saw some pretty good racing - not least from the likes of Lindgren and to a lesser extent Rose and Morris.

IMO he was beaten before even taking to the track last night - if he approached it differently the track was there to be attacked.

I was told years ago by a well respected rider - "Part of a speedway riders job, is to learn how to ride under all track conditions, wet, dry, deep or slick". Something it would seem, that not all of the Diamonds were prepared to do last night!

"The Mackem"

Yes that's the one DiamondGlory.

If we had known about his comments we could have boo'ed even louder :)

You better not boo to loudly. The crap we got in last year's final for booing tai was ridiculous.

There are times you have to hold your hands up and say we were thumped by a better team, last night was one of them. Bears outgated, outrode, outfought and outclassed us - congratulations to them and their promotion on the victory.

early on it was a gating contest, but as track dried and lines appeared there was excellent racing, and if my team hadn't been getting battered it would have been a top quality meeting!

Thought most of Diamonds tried hard, but not good enough, top plaudits to the skipper who looked on the pace and the one rider to constantly trouble the Bears all evening, that was until he decided to try the Ben Barker line in heat 15, to realise that it wasn't his most sensible decision ever! Well done to Connor Coles, yes his points were earned from taking advantage of the favourable inside gate, but he had to ride hard and not make a mistake, which he did.

As to Robert's comments, total tosh - comes across as a spoilt brat not getting his own way, he got pushed out in heat one off gate 4 (which Diamonds have only themselves to blame for) and that let Garcia through, talking to Bears fan near me, they said same thing happened week before with Garrity and Danny King and Garrity got pushed way wide.

Yet again moaning George is on the case - what is all the bad luck he refers to? Robert dropped a chain granted, but the way he wasn't bothered it probably made no difference! Lewis was VERY fortunate to be allowed into rerun of heat 3 he clearly took Wright's front wheel and came from a long way back to do it, Ashley was at fault for his crash, trying to lean on an opponent who was level and passing him. It really is getting irksome that George has to have an excuse or dig when we get beat, as I said hold your hands up Bears deserved it..

• Like 6

It's the same for everyone.

Well done Ellis Perks, been riding well at Rye so far this season,hope he carries on scoring big points.

This was a close one on paper but then what do I know? Not a lot, from the scoreline.

And please tell, who was given the rider of the night award? To be paid for 17 from 6 from reserve and to be overlooked is astounding.

The rider of the night is chosen by a member of the Sponsor's invited party - it is also chosen before the end of the meeting.

Bear in mind that the sponsor may well ask somebody to choose the rider of the night who has never been to a speedway meeting before or may be a child / relative of a guest .

I wouldn't try to read too much into the award - the riders will know who has or hasn't put in a shift on the night!

Edited by erimus11
  • Like 4

The rider of the night is chosen by a member of the Sponsor's invited party - it is also chosen before the end of the meeting.

Bear in mind that the sponsor may well ask somebody to choose the rider of the night who has never been to a speedway meeting before or may be a child / relative of a guest .

I wouldn't try to read too much into the award - the riders will know who has or hasn't put in a shift on the night!

Agreed, most knew Perks should have it, but if you were new to speedway, garrity was the more spectacular rider, and therefore arguably more entertaining. Perks was just ultra efficient and unexpected

You better not boo to loudly. The crap we got in last year's final for booing tai was ridiculous.

To be fair it was all pretty tame stuff - pantomime villain booing, not malicious. Only got worse when Lambert decided to "spur" the crowd on.

I remember Ben Barker getting the same reaction a few years ago!

• Like 1

Agreed, most knew Perks should have it, but if you were new to speedway, garrity was the more spectacular rider, and therefore arguably more entertaining. Perks was just ultra efficient and unexpected

I've been in sponsors lounge on a number of occasions and have been asked to choose rider of the night. Maybe because I have attended speedway since the 60's I tend to look at individual performances as opposed to the points racked up.

If , I felt a rider had performed well above his perceived level of ability, I may well give him the award - one one occasion I was asked to pick a rider after heat 10! You can imagine the debates that followed due to exceptional performances in heats 13 & 15 by other riders!

At the end of the day , it's a bottle of plonk , a photo shoot and the kudos of having that title for the night!

I've been in sponsors lounge on a number of occasions and have been asked to choose rider of the night. Maybe because I have attended speedway since the 60's I tend to look at individual performances as opposed to the points racked up.

If , I felt a rider had performed well above his perceived level of ability, I may well give him the award - one one occasion I was asked to pick a rider after heat 10! You can imagine the debates that followed due to exceptional performances in heats 13 & 15 by other riders!

At the end of the day , it's a bottle of plonk , a photo shoot and the kudos of having that title for the night!

Just to add to my previous post, the guy who provided the sponsorship also goes to the track every Thursday as a paying spectator!

Edited by erimus11