British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Semi-final On Sunday April 30th At Brough Park.

Newcastle is staging the British semi final on Sunday 30th April at 6.30. The Diamonds official website says: -

The current British Champion Danny King commences the defence of the crown he won at Belle Vue last season against a cracking line-up that show how tough it will be to get in to the top eight and qualify for this year's final.

There are four home riders in the field, Robert Lambert and Stevie Worrall who both made the final last season as well as Lewis Rose who just missed out on a place in last season's final plus Ashley Morris.

Try picking a top eight from this line-up in rider number order.

1. Jason Garrity - Redcar
2. Joe Jacobs - Unattached
3. Rory Schlein - Ipswich
4. Ashley Morris - Newcastle
5. James Sarjeant - Ipswich
6. Robert Lambert - Newcastle
7. Steve Worrall - Newcastle
8. Danny King - Ipswich
9. Richard Lawson - Glasgow
10. Ben Barker - Redcar
11. Lewis Rose - Newcastle
12. Kyle Newman - Ipswich
13. Richie Worrall - Glasgow
14. Steve Boxall - Plymouth
15. Liam Carr - Berwick
16. Paul Starke - Peterborough

Normal admission prices apply for this meeting although season tickets are not eligible. Lets pray for decent weather and a big crowd to support these British stars.

Tapes-Up at the normal time of 6:30pm.

Come along and support your rider(s) Newcastle's heatleaders Robert Lambert and Steve Worrall are favourites for winning the meeting but all riders only have to finish in the top eight to qualify for the final won last year by Danny King whom is in the Brough Park field.

Ex Newcastle Riders: Richie Worrall, Danny King, Steve Boxall, Kyle Newman and Paul Starke will put their Brough Park knowledge to good advantage and all 4 are likely to get into the top eight.

Newcastle also have Lewis Rose and Ashley Morris in the field, realistically they are hoping for a top eight finish but will have to ride well to acheive their ambitions. Lewis is capable of spoiling the chances of the front runners.

For what it is worth my top eight in no particular order are:-

Robert Lambert

Steve Worrall

Richie Worrall

Danny King

Jason Garrity

Richard Lawson

Ben Barker

Rory Schlein

I hope Lewis Rose can make the top eight if any of my top eight fall by the wayside.

The north needs more meetings like this one and will only get them if we support in numbers so cancel your plans and head for Brough Park this sunday

Good competitive field.

9 of the riders are current or former Witches so plenty of interest in this one from here on the East coast.

Tend to agree with your top 8 prediction but these meetings often throw up a surprise qualifier which would mean a big banana skin exit for one of those most fancied riders.

Hope for a safe afternoon above all else!

I'll go Rose ahead of Barker, agree with the other 7 qualifiers tipped.[/quoteSame as me but I think Kyle Newman ahead of Garrity ,fitness taken on chance with Newman.

Given that this is at Brough then I would expect all qualifiers to be current & ex Diamonds such is the home track advantage.

Heard Boxall out BBQ injury!

As for the semi line ups they are clearly designed for local interest other than impartiality

• Like 1

As for the semi line ups they are clearly designed for local interest other than impartiality

That's the way it should be if they want a decent crowd , I'm sure there where regional quarter finals before the semis with the "Top" Brits ceded to the semis , and at one time that all tracks held qualifying rounds for the Final , changed days

Does anyone know who's replaced boxall.

Does anyone know who's replaced boxall.

I know max Clegg is now riding so I assume it must be for Boxall

I know max Clegg is now riding so I assume it must be for Boxall

isnt he replacing Carr ?

And if he's not here by heat 2 he can't compete.

Any betting tonight will change to top 7 qualify from tonight leaving a wildcard for busters love child

And Lambert is out of British final as he diddnt arrive on time

Edited by Phil The Ace

Is there a wildcard this year? If so surely it was designed for a situation just like this.