British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Semi-final On Sunday April 30th At Brough Park.

I not that bothered what the rules are but why keep changing them for different meetings. Surely league, individuals , gps whatever it is should have the same rules. It's simple stuff really

They keep throwing the fag packets away and can't remember what they wrote on them.!

The criteria is pick a random rider. Danny Phillips was allowed to leap frog Dan Bewley. It's a bloody joke!

Fortunately we do not get much publicity outside of the sport because the outside world could only agree - too much of speedway and the way it is run is a joke. Many other sports have had something of a come back ( or re-launch that proves effective ) can't see it happening any season soon in speedway!. Get a grip BSPA!

• Like 1

wasnt Phillips named as official meeting reserve?

When withdrawal happens on day of meeting place goes to that reserve rather than next on average list.

Bewley was listed as reserve last week. Phillips somehow got promoted to meeting reserve. Who does Phillips ride for? Where was the meeting staged?

Bewley was listed as reserve last week. Phillips somehow got promoted to meeting reserve. Who does Phillips ride for? Where was the meeting staged?

so what we dont know is if Dan turned down the reserve spot (cant blame him if he did given he is here there and everywhere with 3 leagues) thinking why turn out when not expecting a ride

Or if the change was out of his hands and he wouldve gone even just to sit in the pits and not turn a wheel

so what we dont know is if Dan turned down the reserve spot (cant blame him if he did given he is here there and everywhere with 3 leagues) thinking why turn out when not expecting a ride

Or if the change was out of his hands and he wouldve gone even just to sit in the pits and not turn a wheel

There was a conversation I heard that meant the Dan would have difficulty taking part. Danny was promoted to 1st reserve and Ryan Burton was listed as second reserve and did not turn up. With Boxall nearly being killed by the BBQ jinx :D, OK burnt hands allegedly, Danny P replaced him, and local junior and Newcastle Gem no 1 Josh Embleton was called in with about 3 hours notice to be on standby as first reserve. With Lambert not able to get to the stadium for his heat 2 ride, he was excluded from the meeting and Josh promoted to the number 6 position.

• Like 1

There was a conversation I heard that meant the Dan would have difficulty taking part. Danny was promoted to 1st reserve and Ryan Burton was listed as second reserve and did not turn up. With Boxall nearly being killed by the BBQ jinx :D, OK burnt hands allegedly, Danny P replaced him, and local junior and Newcastle Gem no 1 Josh Embleton was called in with about 3 hours notice to be on standby as first reserve. With Lambert not able to get to the stadium for his heat 2 ride, he was excluded from the meeting and Josh promoted to the number 6 position.

Why wasn't Josh allowed to replace Lambert in Heat 2 as well?

Lambert broke down on route to Newcastle but I read a match report he scored 13 pts in Germany Sunday. Stand to be corrected.

I'd imagine that was Saturday seeing as he landed at Stansted early Sunday morning.

• Like 1

I'd imagine that was Saturday seeing as he landed at Stansted early Sunday morning.

As I thought. Assume the incorrect date on the meeting report I read. Can't imagine he would voluntarily pass up on a shot at the BT and Cardiff wildcard.

• Like 1

Yes he did. He didn't have any machinery with him though, I don't think.

Yes he did. He didn't have any machinery with him though, I don't think.

Not what I was told.

He was helping out in the pits most of the night (can't remember who for though!!)