British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Semi-final On Sunday April 30th At Brough Park.

Heat wins one would imagine.

Why Lawson over Barker? Ben beat Richard in there race?

Lawson gets it on countback, however Just noticed updated says they are having a run off for 8th place so I might need to change it depending on the outcome

Edited: Lawson won the race off

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Genuine question all you newcy fans.

Does the start Marshall have to run to pits to speak to ref every time He wants him?????

Oh and btw Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi

First time here. All I can say is it's bloody cold

• Like 1

Does the start Marshall have to run to pits to speak to ref every time He wants him?????

no, there is usually a phone at the starting gate.... summers evening tonight btw phil ;)
  • Like 2

no, there is usually a phone at the starting gate.... summers evening tonight btw phil ;)

Why was danny Phillips brought into the semi final today when Dan Bewley only a few hours down rode and 1st reserve could have replaced Steve boxall and then robert lambert when at 14:00 they knew Lambert wasn't going to be there

Speaking as someone from a defunct club ( :sad: ), our start marshal had a really modern piece of kit called a "Mobile phone". He got immediate instruction from the refs box should the need arise.

Well, that was the first big event I've been to so far this season, and it exceeded my expectations. I expected S. Worrall, Lambert, and Rose to pretty much dominate. But when Lambert ended up being a no-show, and was replaced by Josh Embleton of the Newcastle Gems, i thought it was still great for him to get the experience of riding with the "big boys". However, it was slightly problematic with me supporting two teams, and tonight proved how difficult it was to shout for both of them. Luckily, Worrall and Rose for the Diamonds qualified, as well as Worrall and Lawson for the Tigers, which was good enough for me.

On a side note, I tend to lose my voice at meetings, because im always shouting for the teams. because speedway is my passion, and this meeting was worth losing it for. Having everyone around me wanting Ben to win the run off, whereas I wanted Lawson to proceed to the final, and having my result happen was a great feeling. Both of them tried their hardest, and Lawson turned out to be the better rider in the moment.

But my highlight of the meeting might seem a bit odd, and that was simply the support for Josh Embleton. Being told you'll be riding in the main card while being in the junior league I imagine is overwhelming. You're by far the underdog in the meeting. Josh was unlucky, and didn't score a point... But that's not the highlight. Although he finished last in every race, he got a round of applause when he crossed the finish line He gave his all in every race and didn't fall off once. That was truly heart warming to see.

I couldn't be happier with how today turned out. Hope everyone else enjoyed it.

• Like 5

...... and was replaced by Josh Embleton of the Newcastle Gems, i thought it was still great for him to get the experience of riding with the "big boys

On a side note, I tend to lose my voice at meetings,

Although he finished last in every race, he got a round of applause

Apologies for editing your post but I agree with you 100%

Your post is from the heart and reflects what all true fans are about.

Thank you DiamondGlory

• Like 2

Why was danny Phillips brought into the semi final today when Dan Bewley only a few hours down rode and 1st reserve could have replaced Steve boxall and then robert lambert when at 14:00 they knew Lambert wasn't going to be there

Not true. He had rang to say he would be late due to a breakdown, and provision was made for a parking space near the outside gate to get his van in quicker. Same as for Richard Lawson who was also planned to be late at arriving. It only became obvious that he could be missing for his first ride in heat 2, and that would mean he would be excluded from the meeting by the referee. My Gems rider Josh had been called up after lunch to replace Danny Phillips, who had been called up to replace BBQ victim Boxhall in the 16 man field. Josh was on standby but it was left to heat 2 when Robert was still missing and then excluded. Josh then rode his 4 other rides.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone from a defunct club ( :sad: ), our start marshal had a really modern piece of kit called a "Mobile phone". He got immediate instruction from the refs box should the need arise.

you've just made that up,,,

• Like 1

Apologies for editing your post but I agree with you 100%

Your post is from the heart and reflects what all true fans are about.

Thank you DiamondGlory

No worries mate. I get odd looks when I'm cheering as loud as I can, but someone has to show support for them in some way! ;)

Is there a wildcard this year? If so surely it was designed for a situation just like this.

They didn't give one to lambert a couple of years back when he crashed out injured early in the semi, and that was also surely the kind of scenario wildcard was designed for. Moot anyway this year but a real shame
  • Like 1