British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Eastbourne Vs Cradley 29/4

Ok, but why would he want to go to see Brighton, what have they done this year!!!

Edited by gazzac

Eastbourne won and deservedly so, having said that i thought Eastbourne were there for the taking, i dont think they are great shakes this year, Brennan is keeping them on the winning side at the moment, Mark is not a No1, Georgie to inconsistent, Connor hasnt moved forward, Matty Hot or Cold, and Powell well he is Powell, and Kelsey wasnt fully fit,Thats why i thought Eastbourne looked their for the taking, but Cradley simply were not good enough to take advantage, and when you get two riders failing to finish a race when up against one Eastbourne rider then it simply rubs salt into the wounds for the fans, i dont know if its good enough for the management but they certainly need a rocket up there backside, i dont think some of the riders are riding to their true ability for whatever reason, I Think this will be the 3rd season without winning something worthwhile if it carries on, Danny Ayres was the exception to these comments. Thats from a very dissapointed Cradley fan.

Cant see either team being good enuff to reach the play offs if im honest!!

I understand your sentiments but I still think they can both reach the play offs. There looks a decent gap between the top 5 (B V, Mild, Bir, CH & East) and the rest. There are bound to be tough times when they meet each other.

As regards actually winning either League or Cup I agree, No Chance!

Keep the faith.

Eastbourne won and deservedly so, having said that i thought Eastbourne were there for the taking, i dont think they are great shakes this year, Brennan is keeping them on the winning side at the moment, Mark is not a No1, Georgie to inconsistent, Connor hasnt moved forward, Matty Hot or Cold, and Powell well he is Powell, and Kelsey wasnt fully fit,Thats why i thought Eastbourne looked their for the taking, but Cradley simply were not good enough to take advantage, and when you get two riders failing to finish a race when up against one Eastbourne rider then it simply rubs salt into the wounds for the fans, i dont know if its good enough for the management but they certainly need a rocket up there backside, i dont think some of the riders are riding to their true ability for whatever reason, I Think this will be the 3rd season without winning something worthwhile if it carries on, Danny Ayres was the exception to these comments. Thats from a very dissapointed Cradley fan.

At this level should anyone expect to win anything surely the NL should not be about that.
  • Like 1

Ayres can never keep his cool around Arlington, we will get into his head as always.

You were saying...!!!!!

Niiiiiiiiceeeeeee 15pt MAXIMUM 👌🏼 Get In!!

Cant see either team being good enuff to reach the play offs if im honest!!

What 4 teams are better then? I think there's a clear top 5 like Hunters has said.

At this level should anyone expect to win anything surely the NL should not be about that.

It's still about winning as well as development. Try being a supporter of a stand alone team who's only speedway is in this division and you'll realise that you want your team to win, like in any sport.

Edited by Islander15

It did seem a bit odd seeing a strength in depth team last night, having had Ellis, Knight and Perks last year. But I suppose league wise the plan is working and Connor and Martin must be pleased as the team is winning without them all fireing together at the moment apart from Tom who should get better and better as the season goes on. If BV are as good as they appear think it would be difficult to win a playoff against them as like last year would always have a chance at home but likely to get hammered away. Still think it's possible for the playoffs though, need a bit of luck with the draw in the ko cup to retain it though.

It did seem a bit odd seeing a strength in depth team last night, having had Ellis, Knight and Perks last year. But I suppose league wise the plan is working and Connor and Martin must be pleased as the team is winning without them all fireing together at the moment apart from Tom who should get better and better as the season goes on. If BV are as good as they appear think it would be difficult to win a playoff against them as like last year would always have a chance at home but likely to get hammered away. Still think it's possible for the playoffs though, need a bit of luck with the draw in the ko cup to retain it though.

You've drawn Kent and the winner of that faces King's Lynn.

Fairly good chance of progressing to that point, will be some tough ties for some of the other fancied teams I suppose.

• Like 1

i'm assuming you only apply that to the league then going by the sprockets team that is contesting the trophy.

What 4 teams are better then? I think there's a clear top 5 like Hunters has said.

It's still about winning as well as development. Try being a supporter of a stand alone team who's only speedway is in this division and you'll realise that you want your team to win, like in any sport.

Totally disagree "Islander this league is about giving young riders a chance to develop and of course everyone will try to win.But winning in this league for me is a added bonus if any team can give a platform for the likes of Hume,Jenkins,JPB, Brennan,(ect) to improve surely that is the longterm aim.?

A bit of a long drawn out meeting last night, with far too many incidents for my liking, some that could have turned out nasty. It was good to see a large turn out of heathens fans, which certainly boosted the crowd.

i'm assuming you only apply that to the league then going by the sprockets team that is contesting the trophy.

They will do there best of course maybe ROWE will come through longterm i hope so i think the management are looking to see if they get the numbers to run a NL side fulltime.Last years numbers against Coventry was a success, and i hope we do go NL fulltime.Do i care if we win NO for me as long as maybe a Rowe or someone else can come through over a period and be part of our future.