British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Eastbourne Vs Cradley 29/4

They will do there best of course maybe ROWE will come through longterm i hope so i think the management are looking to see if they get the numbers to run a NL side fulltime.Last years numbers against Coventry was a success, and i hope we do go NL fulltime.Do i care if we win NO for me as long as maybe a Rowe or someone else can come through over a period and be part of our future.

Your attitude on this beggars belief. The original thinking was a development league but it has turned into the third division with the new clubs that have come in. Ten now are independent and need to get some success, not necessarily in development but in close racing and results because that is what keeps crowds coming back. If they disappear there will be no opportunity for these young riders.

I haven't noticed a rush by a dozen of the so called 'senior clubs' to form a colts league for development of their own youngsters. No, That would cost money better spent on opportunities for foreign riders,They would rather let others do it so they can sign the ones that make the grade and of course they also don't let NL clubs have Assets so they can get Loan Fees to help defray their costs. What did your Swindon do to develop BWD and Zach? they wouldn't even think of thanking Eastbourne and Birmingham let alone pay a transfer fee.

The NL needs a Mike Parker to break with the BSPA and run their own show.

The point gee jay was making is that if you were right how come The Sprockets team has been put together with the likes of Dan Greenwood on a bargain average who is not, as you put it, part of your future. Surely they should be giving opportunity to 7 of their own second halve riders, after all winning doesn't matter does it.

• Like 6

One thing i forgot to add something about last nights meeting, about 12 months ago i saw a young lad have a pre meeting spin, he wasnt old enough to take a Team spot, last night this self same kid, scored 15 against some peoples choices to win the League, well done Tommy B as he is known around those parts. Now lets reply to those people who say its not about winning i dont pay the best part of £70 for 2 of us to watch us develop riders, maybe it called Development League as its for the benefit of So called Senior Teams, because the NL Teams cant have assets, maybe its the right time for another Mike Parker, Im sure Easty wont like developing Tommy B for someone elses benefit.

• Like 1

It's not a development league anymore it's a genuine 3rd tier.

We have at least 3 development leagues though the MDL the SDL and NJL.

And as I have stated many times the assets ruling was beyond contemptible, and I suspect illeagal in terms of business laws

• Like 3

It's not a development league anymore it's a genuine 3rd tier.

We have at least 3 development leagues though the MDL the SDL and NJL.

And as I have stated many times the assets ruling was beyond contemptible, and I suspect illeagal in terms of business laws

Well said. It was a shameful decision and short-sighted.

Free the National League.

I am sick and tired of people harping on about it being a development league and it doesn't matter whether you win or lose.

Really?

Only red-hot competition breeds winners and there is plenty of competition (and winners) in the NL.

Programmes sold out by 7.20. Wouldn't say it was a big crowd last night so wonder just how many programmes are printed?

Decent support from Cradley and a few Eastbourne fans missing due to the Brighton football, including Jack the Lad presenter who put the footie ahead of the speedway. The stand in couldn't say Brennan either, which I think is a shame.

No, Tom's nickname by the fans is Tommy B, that's why the announcer was calling him by the fans nickname for him. And if you got their at 7:20, I am not surprised you didn't get a program.

No, Tom's nickname by the fans is Tommy B, that's why the announcer was calling him by the fans nickname for him. And if you got their at 7:20, I am not surprised you didn't get a program.

How inhospitable of you. Not a very welcoming way for a track to treat its customers.

I know that, but just because some fans have a nickname for a rider it doesn't necessarily mean an official presenter should use that nickname in announcing line up's etc. I don't recall Kevin Coombes announcing 'Floppy', 'Rico', 'Woofy' or 'Nicki P' in any line up or results announcements. (But then again Kevin was a more polished and professional presenter who knew his speedway).

With regard to the programme issue are you saying programmes were put away and unavailable at 7.20, or that you think they should be sold out by then? I just wondered what the print run was, and if a greater number than expected of Cradley fans caught the promotion out, as it obviously makes sense to print more programmes for a 'local derby' than for a match against further travelled opposition.

Edited by woofers

The programmes are always sold out at eastbourne. A ridiculously short print run for one of the sports best value for money programmes.

As you say, one of the best value for money programmes so probably every person who comes through the gate buys one, that's does mean you are likely too run out

As you say, one of the best value for money programmes so probably every person who comes through the gate buys one, that's does mean you are likely too run out

What's value got to do with it, nearly every speedway fan I know buys a programme regardless of value. A speedway meeting without a programme in front of me is very hard to follow. (Especially if rr is in operation)

If Eastbourne are concerned about costs of unsold programmes then perhaps it would be an idea to print an extra couple of hundred race cards and sell them for a quid once the programme has sold out.

I was a late arrival on Saturday and i never managed to get a programme but thats my fault. i understand that its a guess on how many programmes to sell each week and have printed, my guess is they must cost £1.30 a programme so only making 70p per programme is very poor, The best programme in the league why not pay £3 for it as we no longer pay for the carpark, Thats the same as the Cradley and Birmingham programme.

everyone is a winnner.

I was a late arrival on Saturday and i never managed to get a programme but thats my fault. i understand that its a guess on how many programmes to sell each week and have printed, my guess is they must cost £1.30 a programme so only making 70p per programme is very poor, The best programme in the league why not pay £3 for it as we no longer pay for the carpark, Thats the same as the Cradley and Birmingham programme.

everyone is a winnner.

Most of the cost is in the set up so the marginal cost of extra programmes will he much less than that - probably nearer 50p a copy.
  • Like 1

The problem on Saturday was probably caused by the large away support that caught the promotion out. My mate purchased six, and he's an eagles fan!

everyone is a winnner.

Because, people would moan like hell and print out their own score cards like every time the prices are put up.

I was there much later than normal and was lucky enough to get the last programme! I must admit I was a little surprised that they had run out.

I am not sure the amount printed is down to the club. Fineprint are a sponsor and I wonder if they print them free as a part of the sponsorship deal (thats just speculation btw).

I was not aware that they run out nearly every week. If that is the case I wonder if they could at least print some score cards for when the programmes run out. That mainly what we need.