British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WestGorton1884

Belle Vue V Somerset - 1/5/17 , 12pm

With both sides missing a rider for the same reason wouldn't it be common sense to allow R/R instead of a Championship reserve?

Sadly The BSPA are sticking their fingers up at SEC and cheating the public by enforcing a max 4 pt Championship rider in the body of the team.

Since it is one rider on each side then it balances out the effect but that does not make it right.....

Wake up BSPA and start promoting the Sport for a change

Edited by KIRKYLANE
  • Like 1

Would give Belle Vue an advantage that.

I'd say that Worrall, Sedgemen, and 2 from Bewley/Smith against Grajczonek, Starke, Wright and Allen is pretty equal.

I'd say that Worrall, Sedgemen, and 2 from Bewley/Smith against Grajczonek, Starke, Wright and Allen is pretty equal.

only on Paper,

At the OTA maybe, but not at Belle Vue.

Taken from the Aces website.

BELLE VUE V SOMERSET - 12:00PM - MONDAY MAY 1

Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces

Max Fricke, Lee Payne (G), Steve Worrall, Justin Sedgmen, Craig Cook ©, Dan Bewley, Jack Smith

Team Manager: Mark Lemon

Somerset ‘Cases’ Rebels

Rohan Tungate, Rob Shuttleworth (G), Charles Wright, Paul Starke, Josh Grajczonek ©, Jake Allen, Jan Graversen

Team Manager: Garry May

Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces

Max Fricke, Lee Payne (G), Steve Worrall, Justin Sedgmen, Craig Cook ©, Dan Bewley, Jack Smith

Somerset ‘Cases’ Rebels

Rohan Tungate, Rob Shuttleworth (G), Charles Wright, Paul Starke, Josh Grajczonek ©, Jake Allen, Jan Graversen

I can only see a big win for Belle Vue.
  • Like 1

I think much depends on Tungate. On current form he won't trouble us but if he can find his form of last year it will be closer. Either way I don't see Somerset picking up any league points.

Belle Vue Rentruck Aces

Somerset Cases Rebels

top flight speedway, you could have fooled me!
  • Like 4

I think i'll give this one a miss .

Yet again great promotional skills from the sports governing body

• Like 1

Why midday start? I've got to Stockport to watch Sale Sharks on a Friday in an hour leaving Wolverhampton City centre at about 18:15 a fair few years ago. The conversion of the M6 to SmartMotorways made my journeys to the NSS last year almost 3 hours, which is ridiculous. Local Somerset fans will have at least an hours drive up the M5 before joining the M6 in middle Black Country. I hope the leave early. I could have been tempted to visit for a 14:00 start time but hey ho.

Yep, really feel for the Somerset fans travelling north for that start time, would not like it if me and other Belle Vue fans had to travel to Somerset for a twelve noon start to a meeting there, only can put it down to the fact that there are meetings elsewhere with Rye, Leicester, Wolves and Kings Lynn also racing at earlier times as well, may have something to do also with the Swedish season also starting this week, and riders having to get to Sweden for that.

Belle Vue to win, possible by 16pts.

Why could they not have held the Belle Vue Colts meeting with Mildenhall, held on Friday, following this fixture instead of opening the stadium twice in three days, surely the fixture planners for the National League could have built this fixture in when they knew the original dates for the Premiership.

Edited by STEPHEN 333
  • Like 2

Yep, really feel for the Somerset fans travelling north for that start time, would not like it if me and other Belle Vue fans had to travel to Somerset for a twelve noon start to a meeting there, only can put it down to the fact that there are meetings elsewhere with Rye, Leicester, Wolves and Kings Lynn also racing at earlier times as well, may have something to do also with the Swedish season also starting this week, and riders having to get to Sweden for that.

Belle Vue to win, possible by 16pts.

Why could they not have held the Belle Vue Colts meeting with Mildenhall, held on Friday, following this fixture instead of opening the stadium twice in three days, surely the fixture planners for the National League could have built this fixture in when they knew the original dates for the Premiership.

If I was a Somerset fan I'd love this start time! As a BV fan that goes to most away meetings, I'd love to set off early on a Bank Holiday and be home for about 6pm rather then 2am with work the next day!

Reason for the early start time is it is stock cars next door starting at 3.30, council won't allow both to run at same time, would be chaos parking etc.

• Like 1

Somerset intended to run a coach but lack of interest. Not suprised

• Like 2

I think i'll give this one a miss .

Yet again great promotional skills from the sports governing body

12 of the 14 expected riders will be there and we know from the Peter Craven meeting and the match against Leicester that a field with not as many top riders as we might hope for can still produce good racing at the NSS.

I shall certainly be there. I am sure it will be a good meeting and after the worries of last winter we need to be supporting the club to ensure, as best we can, that our new owners can see it is going to be commercially viable.

• Like 1

12 of the 14 expected riders will be there and we know from the Peter Craven meeting and the match against Leicester that a field with not as many top riders as we might hope for can still produce good racing at the NSS.

I shall certainly be there. I am sure it will be a good meeting and after the worries of last winter we need to be supporting the club to ensure, as best we can, that our new owners can see it is going to be commercially viable.

I do support the club as best i can ?

Good luck to the Rebels today against most people's tip for the title. Safe journey to the hardy souls making the trip on a bank holiday. 😳

• Like 1