British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WestGorton1884

Belle Vue V Somerset - 1/5/17 , 12pm

Some great racing in a fantastic stadium, a pleasure to watch Speedway in such a modern stadium , if only all tracks were like this!!Tun gate was superb , his races with Cook were worth the admission alone.Well done Somerset.[/quoteHope you got parked up alright.
I'm hoping that means Hougaard didn't qualify? So if that's the case, I would say that means Somerset had the upper hand.
Hougaard finished 10th in his qualifier, don't think he will progress to the next round, whilst Bjerre finished third with 12pts, behind winner Timo Lahti (14pts), and Martin Smolinski on 13pts, so yes I think I know what you mean Bjerre will be missing another three Saturday nights, whilst Hougaard won't.

Yes thanks , got there early had a pie and a drink too.

He won`t be missing - practice isn`t until 2pm in Gorican on raceday - he can easily get there by then !!!

At least Hougaard won't be missing anymore due to SEC though :approve:

• Like 3

Note to self : hold the inside line

Most passes were mainly from outside.

Heat 11 and 15 were both top races between rohan and cook because they raced each other Instead of there own race

Note to self : hold the inside line

Cook did exactly that in heat 15 and Tungate went round outside of him.

Surprising result, but bank holiday matches usually throw up the odd results.

The top 2 teams losing to the bottom 2 teams at home. No one would have predicted those results.

We are always going to be fragile at reserve, two 17 year old lads in their second season, they are going to have ups and downs. It might just be a little too much for Smith at the moment, and so he might make way for someone else soon if averages allow, so he can get his confidence in NL and Championship.

I thought Payne would do better, looked like he was trying a little too hard, but again riding at number 2 ifor your first match is a hell of an ask.

Tungate showed how good he can be round NSS, one of the best I have seen at our track. Starke always does well too, he is an under rated rider.

We are always going to be fragile at reserve, two 17 year old lads in their second season, they are going to have ups and downs. It might just be a little too much for Smith at the moment, and so he might make way for someone else soon if averages allow, so he can get his confidence in NL and Championship.

I thought Payne would do better, looked like he was trying a little too hard, but again riding at number 2 ifor your first match is a hell of an ask.

Tungate showed how good he can be round NSS, one of the best I have seen at our track. Starke always does well too, he is an under rated rider.

Tungate very good round your place...makes you wonder why Lemo didn't call him up into Australia side for last year race off instead of JG after his massive performance for Swindon there

Just researched what could be some depressing news for the next visit of the rebels to belle vue on sat the 5th of aug.the 3rd round of the sec finals are on the same date so with Hougaard already out of the comp if Bjerre goes on to qualify for the finals the rebs will be at full strength and belle vue will have to use a nat league rider again which will totally ruin what should have been a much anticipated return match with both teams at full strength.Hope they have the sense to rearrange the meeting if Bjerre gets through.

Edited by B.V 72

Just researched what could be some depressing news for the next visit of the rebels to belle vue on sat the 5th of aug.the 3rd round of the sec finals are on the same date so with Hougaard already out of the comp if Bjerre goes on to qualify for the finals the rebs will be at full strength and belle vue will have to use a nat league rider again which will totally ruin what should have been a much anticipated return match with both teams at full strength.Hope they have the sense to rearrange the meeting if Bjerre gets through.

I hope Somerset refuse to move it.

• Like 2

Great race that..

REMINISCENT of races at Hyde Road ... if only all tracks could produce entertainment of that level attendances would rocket.

• Like 5

REMINISCENT of races at Hyde Road ... if only all tracks could produce entertainment of that level attendances would rocket.

If only all tracks could get in proper red shale and stay away from the wet stuff we'd all be ok..

If only all tracks could get in proper red shale and stay away from the wet stuff we'd all be ok..[/quote

Hyde Road had grey shale didn't it? Certainly the Shay did.