British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WestGorton1884

Belle Vue V Somerset - 1/5/17 , 12pm

Well if the match can't be rescheduled I hope the R Tungate of last night is the one that turns up next time at the NSS.

Ignore me. We get priority I've just been told as he rode for us last year

• Like 2

New for this year...,

a) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture

B) 1st priority to the owner of the rider

c) 2nd priority to the previous season club

d) 3rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

• Like 1

New for this year...,

a) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture

B) 1st priority to the owner of the rider

c) 2nd priority to the previous season club

d) 3rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

Yep that's right that's why i questioned the poster that said he would be riding at Workington.

Plus i do not understand why we are riding on Sat the 5th of August if Bjerre gets through to the SEC finals

The following Friday(our normal race night) non of the three clubs are riding so could they have not arranged the fixture for then as we would have a full strength team and Workington would not have Cookie missing a match.

After last weeks result i would think that two full strenght teams would attract a large crowd but if Bjerre is missing again with a Nat league guest in his place and the Rebels even stronger with Hougaard it could keep a lot of fans away.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Yep that's right that's why i questioned the poster that said he would be riding at Workington.

Plus i do not understand why we are riding on Sat the 5th of August if Bjerre gets through to the SEC finals

The following Friday(our normal race night) non of the three clubs are riding so could they have not arranged the fixture for then as we would have a full strength team and Workington would not have Cookie missing a match.

After last weeks result i would think that two full strenght teams would attract a large crowd but if Bjerre is missing again with a Nat league guest in his place and the Rebels even stronger with Hougaard it could keep a lot of fans away.

No Bjerre or Cook, Somerset would be foolish to allow this one to be changed now. Just more poor fixture planning as a situation like that should never occur.

No Bjerre or Cook, Somerset would be foolish to allow this one to be changed now. Just more poor fixture planning as a situation like that should never occur.

Totally agree with you, but in the interest of speedway ie declining support, the BSPA should step in and insist on a more suitable date.

Totally agree with you, but in the interest of speedway ie declining support, the BSPA should step in and insist on a more suitable date.

Maybe Somerset will agree............Wolves only just recently agreed to change their meeting date at Leicester who were due to miss Kim Nilsson and Kacper Gomolski with no facility allowed.

Edited by Perton Wolf

If the boot was on the other foot no one would give 2 hoots for Somerset.

Except for The Aces. We've always been very accommodating with regards fixture changes but it's rarely reciprocated.

• Like 1

If there's no cooperation we just use the Matt Ford rules. It would be unfair on the Aces fans to run a meeting with a sub standard team so we cancel the meeting well in advance. Apparently, nothing anyone could do about it. 🤔

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

If the boot was on the other foot no one would give 2 hoots for Somerset.

Somerset beat us at the NSS with both teams missing a heat leader, why then would they not feel they could do it again with both teams at full strength.