British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WestGorton1884

Belle Vue V Somerset - 1/5/17 , 12pm

A few of us coming down for this meet, our first visit to the new Belle Vue track, we have booked tickets on line so would be helpful to know the best place for parking etc.

Thanks.

A few of us coming down for this meet, our first visit to the new Belle Vue track, we have booked tickets on line so would be helpful to know the best place for parking etc.

Thanks.

If Your there early enough , Park on Kirkmanshulme lane ( next to stadium / dog track ) or failing that official car park on pink bank lane £ 3 , i think ?

There is parking at the stadium near the entrance to the south stand and the school which is a little bit further down kirky lane.If you get there early enough you should be OK. It costs 3 pounds but you car is safe and its got security staff on both.

There is parking at the stadium near the entrance to the south stand and the school which is a little bit further down kirky lane.If you get there early enough you should be OK. It costs 3 pounds but you car is safe and its got security staff on both.

Thanks

Thanks.

Hi Topaz325,

The advice about car parking is fine, just to add though that there is a Stock car meeting on the same day at the dog track, starts at 4pm, best use the car parks and would stay away from the roadside parking.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

Why midday start? I've got to Stockport to watch Sale Sharks on a Friday in an hour leaving Wolverhampton City centre at about 18:15 a fair few years ago. The conversion of the M6 to SmartMotorways made my journeys to the NSS last year almost 3 hours, which is ridiculous. Local Somerset fans will have at least an hours drive up the M5 before joining the M6 in middle Black Country. I hope the leave early. I could have been tempted to visit for a 14:00 start time but hey ho.

Edited by Col

Why midday start? I've got to Stockport to watch Sale Sharks on a Friday in an hour leaving Wolverhampton City centre at about 18:15 a fair few years ago. The conversion of the M6 to SmartMotorways made my journeys to the NSS last year almost 3 hours, which is ridiculous. Local Somerset fans will have at least an hours drive up the M5 before joining the M6 in middle Black Country. I hope the leave early. I could have been tempted to visit for a 14:00 start time but hey ho.

Stock Cars at 4pm at the old track the reason for the early start...

Not an ideal start time to maximise income for the Club I would have thought...

Reason for early start is stock cars start at 4.00 next door. As for Somerset fans, yes it's an early start but they get home nice and early with work the next day.

Is it still the same can't pay cash on the day thing ?

Yes you can pay cash on the day, from either south stand ticket booth (cash only) or grandstand ticket office (cash & cards)

Reason for early start is stock cars start at 4.00 next door. As for Somerset fans, yes it's an early start but they get home nice and early with work the next day.

Yes you can pay cash on the day, from either south stand ticket booth (cash only) or grandstand ticket office (cash & cards)

Any idea on the teams ?

Cant see ref to any of the teams anywhere

Anyone know them

Hi Topaz325,

The advice about car parking is fine, just to add though that there is a Stock car meeting on the same day at the dog track, starts at 4pm, best use the car parks and would stay away from the roadside parking.

Thank you.

With both sides missing a rider for the same reason wouldn't it be common sense to allow R/R instead of a Championship reserve?

• Like 1

With both sides missing a rider for the same reason wouldn't it be common sense to allow R/R instead of a Championship reserve?

Would give Belle Vue an advantage that.