British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WestGorton1884

Belle Vue V Somerset - 1/5/17 , 12pm

Well said mikebv. Never understood the need of the negative ones to try to influence those who don't agree with them. I'm off to the track now and expect a good match.

Im not negative in any way , neither do i try and influence people who don't agree , especially on something like a Speedway forum

There has been a lot of talk from the Rebels faithful that Rohan's equipment has been pony this season so far. There is not a rider in the world that can do the biz riding a donkey. I would imagine he had probably had to shell out in some direction to save his season. Well done to him today, one of last years real stars. In fairness we have all been saying that once he picked up we were not that far away from being a half decent team. Hope this is a launch pad now for the season. Also like to say great stuff from all the other lads as well, and thanks to Rob for turning out for us.

Just watched Tungate v Cook heat 11 on speedway gb site, what a race👏

• Like 2

Really WG?

A true fan would be there today regardless of the Mickey Mouse situation caused by yet more administrative nonsense...

It's all about four riders going round don't forget, it isn't important for the sport to have any integrity or credibility. A true fan would realise this too...

You get great racing at the NSS regardless of who the riders are, and what standard they may be, so everyone should be very pleased with that and ignore the names in the programme.

Who they are and what team or division they are from isn't relevant...

Never forget also, true fans know that these riders only do it for our entertainment so therefore we should be expected to pay top dollar regardless of riders there, in fact true fans would happily pay double to watch any Speedway regardless of standard..

Remember if you don't attend, Speedway will cease to exist and that would destroy people's lives (or something like that), and even by saying why your not attending on here will mean thousands now won't attend todays match..

FFS don't put any weather forecasts out as well WG....

(Unless of course it says, 'its dead sunny in Longsight' or 'its lovely here in Ardwick')..

Remember, it's not those who run the sports' responsibility to provide a 'Professional' sport worthy of the phrase, it's simply down to YOU to attend any old bullshine they serve up...

And be bloody grateful about it too I might add!!....

If people don't like what is being offered up then they simply should just stay away, (and join the many tens of thousands in Britain who have already done this)..

Now, as a true fan I am off to the track...

Hang on, is that a large dark cloud I see over Mcvities on the A6?...

You actually made too good a job of this :D

Perhaps a little strong for me, but you're dead right :approve:

I had a choice this weekend : Belle Vue or Scunthorpe. I chose EWR because Hougaard and Bjerre were missing.

• Like 1

Well after listening to Sedgmens comments in the debrief I think someone was a little miffed at losing because this "not very talented" team beat you and "won't pick up any points away" thanks for the points today. Fantastic result for the Rebels against what is the best team in the league, may have missed Bjerre but can argue that Hougaard is very good around NSS as well.

• Like 1

Looked like we lacked speed today , ther was no way Cookie could hold Tungate back in heat 15 , unbelievable how faster he was !

well done to the rebels though , well deserved victory .

One other thing ... Does anyone else find the centre green mic guy a complete embarrassment ?

From asking Natalie Quirk what she gets up to in her private life ...To going way over the top about someone being 92 years of age

"92 ? Unbelievable " he shouts numerous times

And he mentioned Somerset is a long way to travel at least 5 times

I thought he was bloody awful last season and couldn't believe it when he was reinstated.

Let Neil Drummond have a go and get someone else in the box.

• Like 1

Well, that was a bank holiday shock ! Well done the Rebels :t:

Both Bewley and Smith have done the best part of 2,000 miles each travelling in the last week, with visits to Poole, Glasgow, Belle Vue three times in the last eight days, both looked very tired and exhausted, maybe time for Smith to concentrate on the National and Championship leagues only, bringing Joe Jacobs back into the fold maybe a good idea.

Looking at the Star earlier I was kinda thinking the same... hope they aren't suffering from mechanical and physical burnout?

Good heat, just think Phil you have got Swindon there next

At least you don't have tungate this yesr.

Heat 15 was better between the both

Such a shame the capacity isn't big enough for a gp?! Shame they can't design the Cardiff track on it only thing that lets the gp down

Unless Rohan keeps that form up we may yet have him this year lol

We might bring him up as a guest for our number 2 or 4 :D

Hard to criticise any of The Aces, they scored close to what you could reasonably expect apart from Sedgmen who did well again.

Lasse Bjerre would have done more (just don't look at the Rye House score!)

Do BV have a team manager? Give 4 riders to Payne and Smith?! Bewley should have had a ride for each of them. Yet again Lemon failing to make changes.

Doubt BV will be too worried. Somerset won't be in the play offs and most teams tend to have that odd slip up. But equally a great result for Somerset who have shown what they can do. A change or two once Tungate average drops could see them shoot up the table.

Try re-reading his post again... You have been well and truly 'whooshed'.

Not again :)