British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WestGorton1884

Belle Vue V Somerset - 1/5/17 , 12pm

Well! sounds like I missed a great match, (just got in from work) Would we of won if Bjerre was there, he would deffo of scored more than 2 pts, but Paddy would of scored more than 0 pts. In the end Somerset got what they deserved,3 big pts. Tungate seems to be a thorn in our arse, last season he was great round the NSS helping Swindon to 4 big pts, now he returns and does the same for Somerset. Great little rider, I hope he kicks on from here as his early season form has been somewhat depressing.

Good close meeting i enjoyed the racing if not the result well done Somerset you well deserved the points.

I am not to down hearted with the result as the Belle vue team rely very much on the top 5 and can normally carry our 2 young reserves if they have a poor meeting.In my opinion i know that both teams were missing a top rider but i think that the rebels covered the missing rider better with them having the stronger reserves. With Bjerre missing and Payne in we could just not cover having 3 National league class riders in the team.With the 3 riders in 10 of the heats and the rebels reserves riding better we just could not get any heat advantages to pull us back into the match.With Bjerre in and Worrall in at number 2 i think we may just have pinched it.I hope next time both teams will be at full strength it is a meeting i am well looking forward to as it should be another classic as all the rebels team seen to like and ride our track very well..

Again no sour grapes its just my view on the meeting and i will say again well done Somerset on your well deserved win.

• Like 3

What a result. I bet the long journey was well worth it for whatever brave Rebels folk made the trip up north.

The real Rohan Tungate has finally stood up. What a fantastic score and performance that looks to have been from our no.1. People continue to still write us off but if his form starts to pick up now, we could of easily turned over Swindon and Kings Lynn at home too but hey ho. Great to see a much better score from Starkey too.

A fantastic team performance and one they should be very proud of. I think it's fair to say change(s) are still on the horizon but only after Rohan drops to the reserve berth - could cause one or two shocks elsewhere just yet.....

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 2

Close match throughout. But the individual score chart says it all.................... In the body of the team,Tungate aside, not one of the Somerset team won more than one race.

But scores at 6 and 7 made the difference between the teams. For the first time this season the Aces reserves were below par and got beat 13 points to 4.

Early days yet but could the challenge of competing in three leagues be too much for Bewley and Smith? And not just them, but riders from other Premiership clubs who have team places across the divisions?

Edited by lastword
  • Like 3

Close match throughout. But the individual score chart says it all.................... In the body of the team,Tungate aside, not one of the Somerset team won more than one race.

But scores at 6 and 7 made the difference between the teams. For the first time this season the Aces reserves were below par and got beat 13 points to 4.

Early days yet but could the challenge of competing in three leagues be too much for Bewley and Smith? And not just them, but riders from other Premiership clubs who have team places across the divisions?

The team was built around all round strength rather than a couple of big hitters and low scoring middle order and reserves. Where it went a bit pear shaped was Rohan went right off. This is probably the type of performance Gary had in mind when he selected the team. Every rider bar Rob was at least paid for a win.
  • Like 2

At least Belle Vue have the upper hand when it comes to the two riders who were missing today in Bjerre and Hougaard, in the SEC qualifiers Bjerre finished third in Terenzano on 12pts, whilst Hougaard finished on 7points in the round where he was riding.

At least Belle Vue have the upper hand when it comes to the two riders who were missing today in Bjerre and Hougaard, in the SEC qualifiers Bjerre finished third in Terenzano on 12pts, whilst Hougaard finished on 7points in the round where he was riding.

I'm hoping that means Hougaard didn't qualify? So if that's the case, I would say that means Somerset had the upper hand.

• Like 2

Some great racing in a fantastic stadium, a pleasure to watch Speedway in such a modern stadium , if only all tracks were like this!!

Tun gate was superb , his races with Cook were worth the admission alone.

Well done Somerset.

• Like 3

Some great racing in a fantastic stadium, a pleasure to watch Speedway in such a modern stadium , if only all tracks were like this!!

Tun gate was superb , his races with Cook were worth the admission alone.

Well done Somerset.

[/quote

Hope you got parked up alright.

I'm hoping that means Hougaard didn't qualify? So if that's the case, I would say that means Somerset had the upper hand.

Hougaard finished 10th in his qualifier, don't think he will progress to the next round, whilst Bjerre finished third with 12pts, behind winner Timo Lahti (14pts), and Martin Smolinski on 13pts, so yes I think I know what you mean Bjerre will be missing another three Saturday nights, whilst Hougaard won't.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

Deserved win for the Rebels today, might have known Tungate would find his form at our place! He was brilliant, his races with Cook in heats 11 & 15 were great to watch. Was looking forward to seeing Jake Allen for the first time, didn't disappoint,impressed.

For the Aces, Fricke looked quick & Sedgeman looked good too. Worrall was sharp from the tapes but seemed down on speed a bit.

Just an off track note. My mate's kids were VIP guests of the junior supporters club, Junior Vue. They met all the Aces team in the pits, pics, coin toss with the captains on the centre green, signed tyres off Cookie & Max, & after match presented with signed photographs of them taken pre-match with both riders. They can't wait til next time. Tyres & photos are going to school with them tomorrow, they were buzzing! We'll done all involved.

Great afternoon, hope the Rebels fans enjoyed the NSS & are back for the B fixture - different result next time though! 😉 ♣

• Like 3

Bjerre and the other qualifiers are only through to the SEC challenge final on the 20th May( 1 more qualifier in France next Saturday)So they are not through to the 4 final rounds.

Edited by racers and royals

Looks like Kenneth Bjerre will be missing the the match against Swindon then on the 19th of May, depending on where the SEC Final is been held.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

Looks like Kenneth Bjerre will be missing the the match against Swindon then on the 19th of May, depending on where the SEC Final is been held.

He won`t be missing - practice isn`t until 2pm in Gorican on raceday - he can easily get there by then !!! Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1