Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Ela 1/5/17 6pm

Did Newman? Otherwise I guess Kerr fulfils that criteria.

Both fulfil the criteria.

Ummm, Chris Holder hasn't done any better for Lynn. At least KK did better in his TR yesterday! ;)

Yes he beat Grondal. :D

• Like 1

Never heard of Matt Ford paying a rider a wage instead of points money.

I meant as a downside guarantee Steve, they get paid points money so if they score a max they get paid accordingly but they might be guaranteed the equivilent of 6,7 or 8 points a meeting even if they score only two or three.

It happened at Lakeside a few years ago, they let PK go because they said it was "costing them money" even though he wasn't scoring, because his contract would have seen him paid to a minimum of x points and he frequently wasn't scoring that.

Yes he beat Grondal. :D

At least he beat someone! ;) Chris was last til Rose let him past, which was a bit silly as still no double points and he just gave Chris his point money.

Edited by lisa-colette

Still think they may have to sacrifice another rider to replace kk q

KK to go along with James

Surely soYesterday,James was spinning far too much.You could hear his engines screaming but not pulling him forward.

Surely someone in the pits could help him? Im no expert, but I do notice when a bike doesnt sound right.Think back to Lee Richardson at Poole. He couldnt buy a point.John Davis helped him with set ups, starting techniques and first turns etc. Look how he progressed.

I dont want James to go,but if he does Id like Joe Jacobs. However its more about who you get in at the top as the main priority.

• Like 1

Andersen a few seasons ago. He got paid around £2K per meeting, but had to finance all his own travel arrangements, van, mechanic etc.

I was hugely disappointed with KK yesterday. Not seen him ride this season until today and was, Im sorry to say, not even in his own shadow. Constantly fiddling with his set up cant be good. Maybe too much? I am beginning to think his time is up at Poole. Shame as Ive liked him since he first rode for us back in 2003.

Lots of unanswered questions for Poole right now.

I doubt there wasn't a Poole fan there last night who wasn't dissapointed with KK. He's a far far better rider than that, but whats matts options ?

I doubt there wasn't a Poole fan there last night who wasn't dissapointed with KK. He's a far far better rider than that, but whats matts options ?

Keeping Kerr is one option!

Trouble with James he should also be riding in the lower league but other commitments stops him from doing this. I would think Matt's opinion is pretty obvious not happy with the situation !!

Trouble with James he should also be riding in the lower league but other commitments stops him from doing this. I would think Matt's opinion is pretty obvious not happy with the situation !!

Matt will hate this. I think James will stay for now could see it change when averages drop and we can somehow fit Kerr into the number 7 role with a big hitter at 1.

If we can't get a GP star.

Then it has to be Shamek or Leon Madsen for me best options out there. Another I thought of was GKM Laguta Brother. Very good rider but would he want to do England???

Keeping Kerr is one option!

If you saw Kerr & Nielsen on Sunday at Scunthorpe there would only be one choice.

Unlike most Poole riders, Nielsen can beat Nick Morris.

• Like 2

No good looking to Janowski his form is as bad as KKs. Same applies to Lindback. Options like Milik or Madsen not likely to happen as they don't need the extra meetings.

Not easy at all to find a big hittervwilling to come over at short notice.

If you saw Kerr & Nielsen on Sunday at Scunthorpe there would only be one choice.

Unlike most Poole riders, Nielsen can beat Nick Morris.

I like Stefan a lot. The only real bright light at Plymouth last season. Amazed he hasnt got a place in this League for this season.

Highly disappointing display from the Pirates yesterday. It's been a reoccurring trend this year that we are getting slaughtered out of the start, and with the track being pretty slick most weeks, we're getting punished for it. It also seemed like the late afternoon downpour really caught the Poole riders off-guard, albeit no real excuse as all the riders were facing the same conditions. As the wet layer went, and the dust clouds returned, they started to get it together, but it was too late.

KK continues to be a major let-down, especially considering some of his performances at Wimborne Road lasts season when he passed Chris Holder from behind several times. He really should be averaging 9+ with ease in this league. Difficulty is replacing him, especially as all the others are hard to drop, so it almost HAS to be a like-for-like swap, and who is there!!?? Shanes is the obvious candidate to go with him if we strengthen at the bottom instead, but that would be pretty ruthless IMO. Everyone knew at the start of the year it would be a tough learning curve for Shanes and I think it would be a short-sighted move to drop him. I'd rather play a role in developing a talented youngster like Shanes than bringing in a less No.1 and keeping Kerr personally.

Can't believe people are calling for shanes to go too, he's a rookie and we all knew he wouldn't pull up tree's. The lad needs to learn and I'd be extremely disappointed to see him go because kk can't pull his finger out. You can see by his riding he puts his all into it for Poole.

• Like 4