British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Ela 1/5/17 6pm

Can't believe people are calling for shanes to go too, he's a rookie and we all knew he wouldn't pull up tree's. The lad needs to learn and I'd be extremely disappointed to see him go because kk can't pull his finger out. You can see by his riding he puts his all into it for Poole.

unfortunately it will end being the numbers game as usual

Highly disappointing display from the Pirates yesterday. It's been a reoccurring trend this year that we are getting slaughtered out of the start, and with the track being pretty slick most weeks, we're getting punished for it. It also seemed like the late afternoon downpour really caught the Poole riders off-guard, albeit no real excuse as all the riders were facing the same conditions. As the wet layer went, and the dust clouds returned, they started to get it together, but it was too late.

KK continues to be a major let-down, especially considering some of his performances at Wimborne Road lasts season when he passed Chris Holder from behind several times. He really should be averaging 9+ with ease in this league. Difficulty is replacing him, especially as all the others are hard to drop, so it almost HAS to be a like-for-like swap, and who is there!!?? Shanes is the obvious candidate to go with him if we strengthen at the bottom instead, but that would be pretty ruthless IMO. Everyone knew at the start of the year it would be a tough learning curve for Shanes and I think it would be a short-sighted move to drop him. I'd rather play a role in developing a talented youngster like Shanes than bringing in a less No.1 and keeping Kerr personally.

KK has never ridden well when he has been a team's number one. His best performances have been when he has been a team's second or third heat leader.

I was in the pits last night when Hans told Kristoff it was time to get ready - he didn't appear that keen to be honest and in my opinion that showed on the track

• Like 1

Did my eyes deceive me but did only Middlo and 5 of the Poole team do the track walk last night??!

With all this talk of replacing Shanes am I correct in thinking that it was one of the 'rules' this season that each team had to have a 3 pointer or below that was British and came up through that National League? If that is so we can't replace KK and James with two 6 pointers.

I so get easily confused with Speedway rules and regulations though. It is 2018 isn't it? :D

With all this talk of replacing Shanes am I correct in thinking that it was one of the 'rules' this season that each team had to have a 3 pointer or below that was British and came up through that National League? If that is so we can't replace KK and James with two 6 pointers.

I so get easily confused with Speedway rules and regulations though. It is 2018 isn't it? :D

And who makes the rules ?

If you saw Kerr & Nielsen on Sunday at Scunthorpe there would only be one choice.

Unlike most Poole riders, Nielsen can beat Nick Morris.

Yeah he looked good didn't he mate?

Did my eyes deceive me but did only Middlo and 5 of the Poole team do the track walk last night??!

Hans went to get changed just before they came out for the track walk.

Personally wouldn't get rid of Shanes, he has done pretty well, probably needs to be in a NL team to get his confidence up but i would stick with him but KK has to go, he has never let us down before but he is now.

As was said on the Poole forum if KK had been doing his job then we would probably be unbeaten but with if being a big word he hasn't so we need to get it sorted I know a lot of other clubs fans enjoyed Swindon beating us at home but we have the time to get it sorted its a funny league this year this might make for a closer fight for the playoffs and yes Swindon deserved to win so no complaints but chuffed we got it back to 2 points

• Like 1

Can imagine Matt Ford must be toying with the idea of keeping Kerr somehow , he's done a very solid job one of those that goes about his business with minimum fuss but good team member , may be in demand once the real averages come out not the cloud cuckoo ones

Also, you read somewhere that Leon Madsen might be under consideration, not you've heard. The usual drivel from fans..

The way KASPER woryna is riding he would be a great addition. Ripping it up tonight on tv. A young lad who wanted to ride over here. And connections with the club through his father as well.

• Like 1