British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Somerset Rebels Vs Kings Lynn Stars : 28th April.

When Buster was made chairman of the BSPA, I thought he was the one chap who could actually turn this sport around. But it appears he has made little difference. The sport is crying out for some sort of structure, so the fans will benefit. Probably the BSPA think the fans are the least consideration. They fail to realise that once the fans go the sport is no more.. The sport should be building bridges to encourage the supporters back, not arranging fixtures knowing SGP riders are unavailable. Having stepped up to the big league, the fans at Somerset would have pencilled in dates to see these star performers, yet a lack of thought in the fixture arranging has prevented this. This is no disrespect to Cookie but he hasn't been a World Champion. I am in no doubt the absence of Holder will effect the gate, and that should have been the first priority.

You cant brush these issues under the carpet, unless problems get sorted they never go away. We want the leagues to run on specific nights, We don't want DU riders missing meeting through fixture clashes; We don't want Guests and R/R, .

Surely that can't be that difficult....

This bit

"You cant brush these issues under the carpet, unless problems get sorted they never go away. We want the leagues to run on specific nights, We don't want DU riders missing meeting through fixture clashes; We don't want Guests and R/R, .

Surely that can't be that difficult.."

Have you seen the amount of "international " speedway that goes on every day of the week-Czech, Denmark .Sweden, Germany and of course Poland plus others. Compiling the fixture list is ..a absolute nightmare !!

This bit

"You cant brush these issues under the carpet, unless problems get sorted they never go away. We want the leagues to run on specific nights, We don't want DU riders missing meeting through fixture clashes; We don't want Guests and R/R, .

Surely that can't be that difficult.."

Have you seen the amount of "international " speedway that goes on every day of the week-Czech, Denmark .Sweden, Germany and of course Poland plus others. Compiling the fixture list is ..a absolute nightmare !!

I'm sure it is - but ensuring your no.1 and former World Champ is riding in just about every fixture has to be an absolute priority. Why on the earth both times Kings Lynn are at Somerset it's been organised when it's a Grand Prix weekend is just mind boggling.

• Like 5

Come on Stars!! On Chris' early season form and that of Cookie, Cookie will probably be more entertaining tonight so don't let it put any Rebels fans off attending, sure it won't anyways!!

You cant brush these issues under the carpet, unless problems get sorted they never go away. We want the leagues to run on specific nights, We don't want DU riders missing meeting through fixture clashes; We don't want Guests and R/R, .

You want the league to run on specific nights. The rest of us don't, and know that Somerset will get a far bigger crowd on a Friday night without Holder there than they would on a Wednesday with him there.

We do need to get rid of guests and doubling up, agreed, but not by forcing clubs to ride regularly on nights of the week that will see them out of business within weeks.

• Like 2

When Buster was made chairman of the BSPA, I thought he was the one chap who could actually turn this sport around. But it appears he has made little difference. The sport is crying out for some sort of structure, so the fans will benefit. Probably the BSPA think the fans are the least consideration. They fail to realise that once the fans go the sport is no more.. The sport should be building bridges to encourage the supporters back, not arranging fixtures knowing SGP riders are unavailable. Having stepped up to the big league, the fans at Somerset would have pencilled in dates to see these star performers, yet a lack of thought in the fixture arranging has prevented this. This is no disrespect to Cookie but he hasn't been a World Champion. I am in no doubt the absence of Holder will effect the gate, and that should have been the first priority.

Me too GRW123! I was chuffed that someone like Buster gained some major influence on the way speedway is going via his chairmanship of the BSPA but I also feel that unless there are some major gains via the Gerhard engine initiative in the next couple of years - nothing much very progressive will have happened. But fan satisfaction / retention and involvement should have been his / their top priority and it seems as if it is not. Last throw of the dice for the sport?

This is no disrespect to Cookie but he hasn't been a World Champion. I am in no doubt the absence of Holder will effect the gate, and that should have been the first priority.

Cookie is awesome around the OTA , Track record holder as well

well worth coming to see him

Last seasons fast starting Tungate would have dealt with Cookie, not so sure with this seasons version though. Hopefully this will be the meeting we see the proper Rohan, good luck to him and all the Rebs.

Funny how everyone enjoys their Speedway differently.

I wasn't fussed about seeing Holder blast around the OTA...but I'm gutted I'm going to miss Cookie and Shanes racing there tonight.

Having the 'best in the world' win every race emphatically by a country mile is not entertaining imo...if up against similar riders of GP standard, then it can be.

I'd much rather watch 'middle order' type riders, like Wrighty, Allen and Starke giving it a go, and getting in the mix with similar standard opposition.

Cookie is great to watch around the OTA...been to all the meeting so far this season, and they have all been excellent quality racing.

Should be a cracker tonight without Holder...shame I can't make it. COYR Rebels :-)

• Like 3

Win every race emphatically by a country mile?! Have you seen Holders scores this season :D

• Like 3

If the Stars want to be contenders for titles this year Somerset is a track they should be winning away at. Anything less than a win tonight won't be good enough. Can't see Stars getting any league points Monday night.

Why let Porsing have 4 rides when Huckenbreck seems to dialled in? Surely Porsing had to be replaced in heat 9? AWFUL decision!

• Like 3

That's because Dale Allit hasn't got any idea about team management .

Clueless, can even make a case for letting Rose have 4 rides.

Must feel good for the stars, having a number 1 you can rely on :lol:

Edited by Panthers89