British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Berwick Bandits ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, April 30th (3pm)

totally agree - the aim should be for the averages to be as accurate a reflection of the true team strength as us possible.

A mix of old and new would not do that.

I think that ANY team that redeclares after May 1st should have ALL the riders awarded new figures in line with meetings/rides to date.

Do not forget we started from scratch this year so no rolling average from 2016 & beyond just team building averages. We made our change after 3 riders had received new averages from their 4H 4A meetings & 3 riders with old team building averages but still having to make the team average below 40. After yesterday, 2 more riders receive true averages which will take us above 40 when they take place after 7 days. Any further change will have to be like for like or below rider chosen.

Stefan looks a very good signing and just what Scunthorpe needed, really looking forward to the Sheffield meeting now.

just a few moans...

The inside of the start gate seems to be going up slower than the outside this season.

I don't like 3 o'clock starts, track prep too hard. I know its better for traveling supporters but standing in cloud of dust isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Keep Roger Westby in the refs box where we can hear what he's saying. Maybe try a wind shield for the mic on the centre green.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Shops/SoundLAB-G122CA-35-mm-Foam-Microphone-Windshield/B000LB11QA

You're right about the 3pm start but I suspect that yesterday was because of the junior meeting.

I thought the bloke in the announcers box was awful. Mistake after mistake after mistake and couldn't keep his trap shut. Bring back Graham Tagg with all speed.

• Like 1

Do not forget we started from scratch this year so no rolling average from 2016 & beyond just team building averages. We made our change after 3 riders had received new averages from their 4H 4A meetings & 3 riders with old team building averages but still having to make the team average below 40. After yesterday, 2 more riders receive true averages which will take us above 40 when they take place after 7 days. Any further change will have to be like for like or below rider chosen.

your changes were before May 1st so regs dont allow for awarding new average to all at that time.

SR1705 also in effect now meaning 40 in place all season at Championship level rather than revised 42 that appeared in original regs.

From now )May 1st) new should apply to all upon redeclaration.

So if Danny was to get injured in Austria and was out for the season would you want Berwick to be allowed to replace him with a Rider on a 6 point average ? because if it works one way then surely it should work the other..

• Like 3

So if Danny was to get injured in Austria and was out for the season would you want Berwick to be allowed to replace him with a Rider on a 6 point average ? because if it works one way then surely it should work the other..

yes that would be the case - he has earned it.

You're right about the 3pm start but I suspect that yesterday was because of the junior meeting.

I thought the bloke in the announcers box was awful. Mistake after mistake after mistake and couldn't keep his trap shut. Bring back Graham Tagg with all speed.

the guy in the announcers box sounds like hes conducting a funeral, quiet, softly spoken, and portrays liitle enthusiasm to get the crowd going, it is hard to hear him against a strong wind, which maybe was a good thing, come on rob, change the announcer and make scunny a place to really enjoy visiting.

p.s. keep the guy on the centre green hes not bad.

The problem is the lack of wind protection around the microphone and either speaking too close, or too far away from it. It is not just Rodger, we never caught a word of Rob's conversation with TJ either. For what its worth, Roger when he can be heard, conducts some interesting conversations with supporters. Rob please buy a sports microphone and replace the speaker ( or alternatively turn it to face into the stand) just after the start line as the sound is terrible. Thanks.

ps- any chance of some cheap air horns so the kids can make some noise and create more of an atmosphere.

Guest Scunny2012

ps- any chance of some cheap air horns so the kids can make some noise and create more of an atmosphere.

I think we all need to get air horns as the atmosphere is non existent, I sometimes think I have wandered into a care home at times, there needs to be more of a connection between supporters and whoever is on the Mic on the centre green, at the moment the handful of away supporters seem to be noisier than the home fans.

I think we all need to get air horns as the atmosphere is non existent, I sometimes think I have wandered into a care home at times, there needs to be more of a connection between supporters and whoever is on the Mic on the centre green, at the moment the handful of away supporters seem to be noisier than the home fans.

highly recommend it.

Start a Scunny Massif make some noise - youll love it 📣📯🎺🎤

• Like 1