British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Berwick Bandits ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, April 30th (3pm)

40-HEAT FEAST AT EDDIE WRIGHT RACEWAY ON ‘SUPER SPORT SUNDAY’ IN SCUNTHORPE

SPORTS fans in the Scunthorpe area will have a real treat in store on Sunday, as Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions have co-ordinated their home clash with the Berwick Bandits (3pm) to fit in with the last regular match of the season for Scunthorpe United FC.

At 12 noon, play-off bound Scunthorpe United entertain Coventry City at Glanford Park, which is less four miles away from the Eddie Wright Raceway. With Scorpions starting at 3pm, it allows plenty of time for fans of both sports to travel from one venue to the other.

And there’s an extra bonus for supporters, since the meeting at the Eddie Wright is a 40-heat double header, with the 150/125cc class of the British Youth Championship following on from the clash with the Bandits.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “We wanted to stick to the same day (Sunday) as much as possible this season.

“When we learnt of the football fixture, it made a lot of sense to tie in with that. Scunthorpe United have qualified for the play-offs and this is their final match of the season, so they should have a bumper crowd. But it’s an early start-time for the football, so people will be looking for someone else to do with the rest of their day. So I hope they’ll see our fixture and decide to make the short hop across.

“Who knows we might also tempt along a few people from the Coventry area as well, who are fans of both sports.

“For those who enjoy both sports, it’s a bumper day out. If you only like the speedway, then we’ve still got an action-packed afternoon of action with no fewer than 40 races around the best racetrack in the country.”

Scorpions are looking for three vital SGB Championship points from the clash with the Bandits.

Stefan Nielsen is making his debut for Scorpions, in place of injured Austrian Fritz Wallner, while both Josh Auty and Lewis Kerr are expected to return from injury.

Meanwhile, Berwick have completely reshaped their team this week and introduce ex-Scorpion Nick Morris at No 1.

“The signing of Stefan Nielsen adds considerable strength to our team”, states Godfrey. “I don’t really see him as a reserve, although that’s where he will start off racing for us, and while he is down there, I would argue that he is the strongest reserve in the league.

“I’m very much hoping that the fixture with Berwick will mark the turning point of the season for us.

“Like us, Berwick have not enjoyed the best of starts to the season. But we won’t be under-estimating them; we may have won at their place last week (48-42), but they’ve now got three new riders, including an old friend of ours, Nick Morris. It gives the Bandits a very potent spearhead, with Nick alongside Lewis Bridger, and there’s almost a guarantee of some thrilling action.

“We won’t under-estimate them - but if we perform to our capabilities, I know that we can defeat the Bandits.”

Sunday’s adult admission price for the double-header is £17. It’s just £2 more than a single SGB Championship meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway, for 25 extra heats of action. A full and exciting afternoon of racing is ahead. DON’T MISS IT!

Admission prices for Sunday:

Adult: £17.00

Student/OAP: £15.00

Child (10 – 17): £5.00

Child (0 – 9) Free (accompanied by paying adult)

Family Ticket £39 (2 adults, 2 Children 16-17)

Match Programme: £1.00

Expected teams for Sunday:

Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Michael Palm Toft (captain), 2. Carl Wilkinson, 3. Lewis Kerr, 4. Ryan Douglas, 5. Josh Auty, 6. Stefan Nielsen, 7. Josh Bailey.

Berwick Bandits: 1. Nick Morris, 2. Jye Etheridge, 3. Kevin Doolan, 4. Liam Carr, 5. Lewis Bridger, 6. Dany Gappmaier, 7. Lee Payne.

British Youth Championship (150cc/125 class) line-up: Mickie Simpson, Archie Wareham, Aidan Arthur, Alex Goldsborough, Harry McGurk, Sam Peters, Gregor Miller, Max Perry, Mikey Robbins, Sam McGurk, Beau Stonehewer, Jack Bell, Taya Thirtle, Sonny Springer, Archie Freeman, Jacob Fellows, Corban Pavitt, Elliot Kelly, Jack Wright, Bailey Fellows, Charlie Jenson, Callum Gill, Freddie Fox Baron, Luke Harrison.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

I understand Liam Carr will be Berwick's No 4

Liam not riding at Newcastle now?

Liam not riding at Newcastle now?

Not now, replaced by Max Clegg I think

It's very good to see that Stefan Nielsen is back racing but I see that he is coming in on a 5.53 average and that has taken Scunthorpe's re-declared 1-7 over the 40 point mark. I take it that as the B.S.P.A have allowed this is all o.k for team to re-declare over the 40 point limit.

It's very good to see that Stefan Nielsen is back racing but I see that he is coming in on a 5.53 average and that has taken Scunthorpe's re-declared 1-7 over the 40 point mark. I take it that as the B.S.P.A have allowed this is all o.k for team to re-declare over the 40 point limit.

Scunthorpe have rode enough meetings to get their new averages. I guess you're working off the old ones

Palm Toft 7.55

Auty 7.01

Kerr 5.98

Douglas 5.89

Wilkinson 5.80

Nielsen 5.53

Bailey 2.00

Total 39.76

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1

I understand Liam Carr will be Berwick's No 4

Cheers - corrected.

Fozzie, those averages are spot on.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

MPT MOVES TO NUMBER 1

HENDERSON INSURANCE Scunthorpe Scorpions’ Danish star Michael Palm Toft will move to the No 1 spot for Sunday’s SGB Championship clash with Berwick Bandits (3pm).

Palm Toft, skipper of the 2017 Scorpions, has been in fine form in the early weeks of the season, and has earned praise from promoter Rob Godfrey.

Godfrey says: “Michael has been absolutely superb for us so far this season. He really has risen to the cause, and led by example.

“He was totally instrumental in the point we picked up at Workington, and was also to the fore in our victory at Berwick. But he hasn’t had a poor meeting all season.

“He’s got the speed and is enjoying his racing. It’s no surprise that he’s currently topping our averages and therefore will move to the No 1 position.”

Palm Toft will swap positions with Ryan Douglas, who moves to No 4. Meanwhile, new signing Stefan Nielsen will slot in at reserve at No 6, where he is certain to be a trump card.

Scorpions’ new riding order (with average in parentheses):

1. Michael Palm Toft (7.55)

2. Carl Wilkinson (5.80)

3. Lewis Kerr (5.98)

4. Ryan Douglas (5.89)

5. Josh Auty (7.01)

6. Stefan Nielsen (5.53)

7. Josh Bailey (2.00)

Scorpions’ combined team average for their new line-up is 39.76, which is 0.24 below the 40-point-limit, which will remain in operation all season in the SGB Championship.

MPT MOVES TO NUMBER 1

HENDERSON INSURANCE Scunthorpe Scorpions Danish star Michael Palm Toft will move to the No 1 spot for Sundays SGB Championship clash with Berwick Bandits (3pm).

Palm Toft, skipper of the 2017 Scorpions, has been in fine form in the early weeks of the season, and has earned praise from promoter Rob Godfrey.

Godfrey says: Michael has been absolutely superb for us so far this season. He really has risen to the cause, and led by example.

He was totally instrumental in the point we picked up at Workington, and was also to the fore in our victory at Berwick. But he hasnt had a poor meeting all season.

Hes got the speed and is enjoying his racing. Its no surprise that hes currently topping our averages and therefore will move to the No 1 position.

Palm Toft will swap positions with Ryan Douglas, who moves to No 4. Meanwhile, new signing Stefan Nielsen will slot in at reserve at No 6, where he is certain to be a trump card.

Scorpions new riding order (with average in parentheses):

1. Michael Palm Toft (7.55)

2. Carl Wilkinson (5.80)

3. Lewis Kerr (5.98)

4. Ryan Douglas (5.89)

5. Josh Auty (7.01)

6. Stefan Nielsen (5.53)

7. Josh Bailey (2.00)

Scorpions combined team average for their new line-up is 39.76, which is 0.24 below the 40-point-limit, which will remain in operation all season in the SGB Championship.

thought it was 42 when redeclaring?

thought it was 42 when redeclaring?

No, that's for the Premiership only. In the Championship, it's 40.00 all season long.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

£17 Quid not worth it for me to watch a team losing. Realise there's also younguns but I'm away after the main meeting.

Plus parking and a fiver for a meal that was cold last week.

Sorry but your over pricing.

£17 Quid not worth it for me to watch a team losing. Realise there's also younguns but I'm away after the main meeting.

Plus parking and a fiver for a meal that was cold last week.

Sorry but your over pricing.

If you're a Scunthorpe fan you wont have a problem with losing, I never expected the Bandits to have the longest tail in the league when there is 2 sets of tigers and some panthers in the league but it's happened

No pleasing some- Park outside on the industrial estate and save £1 and eat faster. :lol:

• Like 2

It's £17.50 to watch 15 heats at Glasgow so you can't complain at £17 for 40 it's your choice if you leave after the main meeting and no one says you have to buy food either.

• Like 2