British Speedway Forum
mikec

Belle Vue Colts V Mildenhall Fen Tigers Fri 28/4/17

Really looking forward to this one, as the Colts take on the Fen Tigers. Connor Mountain was excellent around the BV track this time last season, as was Jon Armstrong. It'll be interesting to see how Jordan Jenkins goes against Kyle Bickley, I was really impressed with Jenkins at the British Youth Championship round here last year, certainly compared very well with Kyle & Tom Brennan.

Weather is fine, track conditions should be good, all set for a cracking meeting.

Teams:

Belle Vue ‘Cool Running’ Colts:
Dan Bewley, Andy Mellish, Rob Shuttleworth, Jack Smith, Lee Payne ©, Kyle Bickley, Luke Woodhull; Ben Woodhull (No.8)
Team Managers: Steve Williams & Graham Goodwin
Mildenhall ‘Manchetts’ Fen Tigers
Connor Mountain, Luke Ruddick, Daniel Halsey, Danno Verge, Jon Armstrong ©, Sam Woods, Jordan Jenkins
Team Manager: Robert Henry

The long awaited appearance of the League favourites. Could also be their hardest home match of the season.

The long awaited appearance of the League favourites. Could also be their hardest home match of the season.

Totally agree Hunters, expecting a strong showing from the Fen Tigers tonight.

Rob Shuttleworth will have a busy time tonight, as the SGB twitter account has him riding for both Belle Vue at home and also guesting for the Isle of Wight at Plymouth! How long to drive between those two venues for the next race?

I thought the fen tigers would have given us a test tonight but they were totally taken to the cleaners. Dan Lee Jack and Kyle were superb Rob rode well and Andy chipped in well. Young Woodhull also looked assured. Not even a heat winner for the tigers.

Good start from Kyle Bickley.

Luke Woodhull had a good first ride followed by 100% effort afterwards.

3 maximums fron the main team was most welcome.

Still shows you cant be sure who is gonna win the league this season, next 7days may give some sort of idea though.

Reality check for the fens

I think it was but more for the rest of the league than just Mildenhall. Quite simply, no-one predicted that score and it shows just how strong Belle Vue are at home on a track where horse power is very important.

Bewley and Smith never really looked like being beaten and Payne was only slightly troubled. Bickley was impressive and Woodhull showed promise.

Credit to the Fen Tigers, though, because despite getting battered they never gave up - Mountain especially.

Think that might be the first of many big home wins for the Colts.

• Like 1

I predicted a close meeting but my god I was wrong. Brilliant performance by all accounts.

I thought mildenhall would be our biggest tests and maybe when we go to eastbourne. But I reckon we can win all meetings. It's deffo the best team assembled in league.

My only concern is the fixture classes with belle vue. There's a few

I predicted a close meeting but my god I was wrong. Brilliant performance by all accounts.

I thought mildenhall would be our biggest tests and maybe when we go to eastbourne. But I reckon we can win all meetings. It's deffo the best team assembled in league.

My only concern is the fixture classes with belle vue. There's a few

[/quote

We have all been saying this even before they were announced, The question is will the fans get tired of processions match after match?