Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Tai Massive Project

Hopefully the BSPA have given Tai the green light to help get the youth in British speedway moving in the right direction.

I could be well the mark, off but hope i'm right.

Thoughts. (lets keep this on topic)

I hope so to he has alot to offer, so why not take advantage of his experience.I am amazed how much stick he takes on this forum i dont suppose he gives a s... though.😜

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

At this moment I do believe that the youth scene is moving in the right direction year on year more riders taking part and moving through the groups. I'm sure tai could help in someways but let's not think he is the messiah of the youth movement as it is already in good hands

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 4

At this moment I do believe that the youth scene is moving in the right direction year on year more riders taking part and moving through the groups. I'm sure tai could help in someways but let's not think he is the messiah of the youth movement as it is already in good hands

I believe the parents and the backers are the ones that push kids through we are trying hard but without the parents nothing would happen. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

I think he might have more to offer to riders who are near to being internationals at senior level, Lambert, Bates, Ellis etc. They would probably find a lot more relevance with him than the younger riders. As mentioned, I'm delighted with the way our junior set-up is going anyway. Hopefully if he ever gets the chance to mentor or coach, his more yobbish side doesn't prove to be infectious.

• Like 1

I think he might have more to offer to riders who are near to being internationals at senior level, Lambert, Bates, Ellis etc. They would probably find a lot more relevance with him than the younger riders. As mentioned, I'm delighted with the way our junior set-up is going anyway. Hopefully if he ever gets the chance to mentor or coach, his more yobbish side doesn't prove to be infectious.

Yob i just dont see it for me he has been brilliant, the times he has been on Talk Sport he has spoke well and has done a great job for speedway.Also he does connect with the younger generation whether we like it or not my take is always see the good side of someome we all have a negative side.
  • Like 3

So where is all the info on Woffinden working with youngsters?

Link?

• Like 1

I hope so to he has alot to offer, so why not take advantage of his experience.I am amazed how much stick he takes on this forum i dont suppose he gives a s... though.

I dont supose he does give a monkeys, but its only his name. So Neil vatcher is doing a poor job yeh ?

Yob i just dont see it for me he has been brilliant, the times he has been on Talk Sport he has spoke well and has done a great job for speedway.Also he does connect with the younger generation whether we like it or not my take is always see the good side of someome we all have a negative side.

I did see his good side, I suggested where I think he might be most effective. I don't consider the language he sometimes uses, to be well spoken or necessarily connecting with the younger generation, neither do I like his back stabbing of our set-up, I don't think alienating the fans from the people who currently run our Speedway, to be particularly fair.

Surely we are all unhappy and disappointed when our stand out No.1 rider is at odds with the ruling body to the extent he chooses not to ride for Team GB.

Time for reconciliation? Certainly the sport in this country needs all the help it can get. Be it on the World stage or helping to develop young riders for the future. Maybe Tai isn't the easiest guy to work with but is that a reason to walk away (by either party).

As a fan and English, I follow Tai's riding with interest. As to the rest, I don't know the full facts and therefore don't pass judgement

I did see his good side, I suggested where I think he might be most effective. I don't consider the language he sometimes uses, to be well spoken or necessarily connecting with the younger generation, neither do I like his back stabbing of our set-up, I don't think alienating the fans from the people who currently run our Speedway, to be particularly fair.

I dont think he ever back.stabbed did he? just said it how it was a kebab in a cafe a example. And say what you want we are light years behind other countries in developement of riders without parents and backers money our riders get very little help from our set up.But we do have some really good enthusiastic people like Vatcher and i cant knock him a very decent man. Edited by Sidney the robin

I dont think he ever back.stabbed did he? just said it how it was a kebab in a cafe a example. And say what you want we are light years behind other countries in developement of riders without parents and backers money our riders get very little help from our set up.But we do have some really good enthusiastic people like Vatcher and i cant knock him a very decent man.

We are light years behind the Poles! But they have seemingly unlimited financial backing and unlimited practice time, we have neither and probably never will have. If he wants to change things he should carry on lobbying those who run things, rather than taking his ball home and bleating to the press. I also don't like the fact that interviewers keep having to apologise for his language, I know some others do it but that is no excuse. Anyway I made my suggestion as to where I think he'd be most effective, so I'm not anti-him or anything.

• Like 2

So where is all the info on Woffinden working with youngsters?

Link?

Fair comment Steve Shover - you pose a question that's very much in need of an answer. :unsure:

Edited by Guest

especially after the dozens of riders that came through his training school last year. Oh wait... :lol:

Are you for real or was that just another Tai dig? Before you get riders coming through you have to invest a lot of time, not just one or two training schools. Credit Tai for at least trying FFS.

• Like 1