British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Tai Massive Project

I did read your post back and the main point appeared to be "I pay my money to be entertained on the track....not off it !"

Your association is not questioned, although in 47 years you've not always had the bottom tier of racing - Hans Nielsen, Billy Sanders, Steve Bastable, the Grahame brothers, all spring to mind!

Woffinden IS in the top class of riders, I don't disagree

He IS also one of the most entertaining riders, unless you've been living in a bubble.

He IS also one of the most entertaining riders, unless you've been living in a bubble.

No I haven't! Over 50 years watching our wonderful sport, and I wouldn't class Woffinden as "one of the most entertaining riders"

But it's just a personal opinion - each to their own! Good - yes (I remember a faultless 15pt maximum at Brandon a few years back) and on pretty damn good machinery too

Marginally more entertaining than Hancock, but not in the same league as Rickardsson, Gollob, AJ, Emil, Nicki, Crump, Darcy Ward - even Bomber!

• Like 2

I think that is rubbish.

Tai could pass on a lot of experience and information.

Yes like telling them to forget riding in their home country and no need to ride in the British final or race for team GB as these things are Not important.

• Like 1

Lee being a NL no 1 at the age of 16 reaching the NLRC will never happen again and the NL was a hard league.Also being able to beat and compete with the likes of Mauger,Olsen, ect) at aged 16/17 a one off just a shame about his career but i was lucky anough to see Michael ride quite alot so i am pleased about that.

MUST have been at Swindon then!!!!

To be honest, I've lost interest in Tai, and couldn't care if he won the GP series or not. His refusal to ride the two matches involved in the British Championship, and unwillingness to ride for GB, means I don't consider him a British rider any more.

• Like 6

To be honest, I've lost interest in Tai, and couldn't care if he won the GP series or not. His refusal to ride the two matches involved in the British Championship, and unwillingness to ride for GB, means I don't consider him a British rider any more.

Doesn't really matter what anyone thinks - the incontravertible FACT is that he is British whether he rides in or for Great Britain or not.

• Like 1

Perhaps this is his way of trying to wangle a testimonial meeting..

Edited by Starman2006

Perhaps this is his way of trying to wangle a testimonial meeting..

Or perhaps he genuinely believes that he can help British Riders.

I certainly believe he can.

Typical of Great Britain this - we moan like hell about not having any decent British Riders. We get one and he is treated like a pariah.

Honestly - it beggars belief.

• Like 4

No I haven't! Over 50 years watching our wonderful sport, and I wouldn't class Woffinden as "one of the most entertaining riders"

But it's just a personal opinion - each to their own! Good - yes (I remember a faultless 15pt maximum at Brandon a few years back) and on pretty damn good machinery too

Marginally more entertaining than Hancock, but not in the same league as Rickardsson, Gollob, AJ, Emil, Nicki, Crump, Darcy Ward - even Bomber!

Then clearly you have been living in a bubble.

'Marginally more entertaining than Hancock'.

If you're going to try and have a conversation about speedway at least put your biases to one side. Woffinden isn't the best of gaters, nowhere near Hancock in that department, yet he's bagged two world titles and 2nd last year. Tough to do that without overtaking a few.

I'd be confident in saying Woffinden has overtaken more than anyone in the GP's over the last three years or so.

Not exciting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTSyrQZRf4U

Are people really suggesting Woffy isn't entertaining? Of track he's a petulant little twit. But being double World Champion at the age of 26(?) give him that right to some extent. Is he had some better PR skills I'm fairly certain that most wouldn't mind he didn't ride int he British League too much, he'd be the darling of the British fans and people would understand why he didn't ride in GB. the PR side of things it the only chink in Woffys armour IMO.

MUST have been at Swindon then!!!!

No not as much as i would of liked and as much as the Lynn fans of course but anough first see him in the Silver Plume at Swindon.Endless individual meetings Coventry British Finals White City Commonweaith finals Manpower (ect) in which he had a decent record.England v Usa meetings he did the Phil Crump testimonial also from 75/84 Lee crammed in quite alot of meetings.Can you remember every meeting you see him in? i can baring in mind i was at school most of his career quite happy.

Then clearly you have been living in a bubble.

'Marginally more entertaining than Hancock'.

If you're going to try and have a conversation about speedway at least put your biases to one side. Woffinden isn't the best of gaters, nowhere near Hancock in that department, yet he's bagged two world titles and 2nd last year. Tough to do that without overtaking a few.

I'd be confident in saying Woffinden has overtaken more than anyone in the GP's over the last three years or so.

Not exciting?

I don't have biases to put to one side

I've only had one speedway bias - which I have never denied - and that is/was against Ole Olsen

Read back if you will, the point was not that Woffinden is not entertaining, just that I find that there are more entertaining riders than him

I've enjoyed watching him on-track, but there are riders I enjoy watching more

That's not bias - just personal preference (and where would a forum like this be without personal preferences and opinions?)

Still banging your drum I see...so very sad.

I think you'll find Tai's feelings are the exact opposite, he cares hugely and has publicly stated as such on numerous occasions. But don't let facts get in the way of your tiresome crusade.

:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Or maybe he wants to...

Teach the younger riders how to handle pressure

Teach the younger riders more about set-ups

Teach the younger riders how to handle the bikes on different size tracks

Teach the younger riders how to adjust their riding style in different conditions

Teach the younger riders what it's like to ride abroad

The list goes on and on. WTF has his tattoos etc. got to do with things? Sweet FA that's what.

It's incredible that the minority (yes that's exactly what it is as Tai still has thousands and thousands of UK fans and supporters - proven at Cardiff year after year!) still go on and on and on about Tai giving the UK and Team GB a miss. It's his prerogative and choice so grow up and move on.

I'd LOVE it if he turned up at Poole - that would seriously pi$$ you off Shovlar! :t::rofl:

And maybe not , what he wants is all his own way in everything , just shows what an arrogant twit he is ,because he thinks he has all the answers and it's his way or no way , we'll t\ke no way thanks Woffinden , Just stay in Poland thinking your'e some celebrity you wont be missed ,

• Like 5

And maybe not , what he wants is all his own way in everything , just shows what an arrogant twit he is ,because he thinks he has all the answers and it's his way or no way , we'll t\ke no way thanks Woffinden , Just stay in Poland thinking your'e some celebrity you wont be missed ,

It's not hard to see why some folk make it and others don't.

Imagine someone starting out and having this kind of attitude behind them.. they'd be doomed to failure. Oh wait...

Anyhow.. you stick to taking 'no way' and bitching and moaning on a speedway forum. Woffinden will take his way, be a two time World Champion, earning lots of money doing something he loves and leading a dream lifestyle.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

It's not hard to see why some folk make it and others don't.

Imagine someone starting out and having this kind of attitude behind them.. they'd be doomed to failure. Oh wait...

Anyhow.. you stick to taking 'no way' and bitching and moaning on a speedway forum. Woffinden will take his way, be a two time World Champion, earning lots of money doing something he loves and leading a dream lifestyle.

That doesn't mean that he should be in charge of our youth development program, or that he'd be particularly good at it. If he want's to do it he should volunteer to assist the current set-up, as other riders have done.

• Like 1