British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Tai Massive Project

Top 2 riders in the GP standings BOTH ride in British Speedway, Not doing them any harm in chasing a world title.

I'd rather wait until the end of the GP Series before making a comment like that.

You may well be right - on the other hand - you may be very wrong.

We shall see.

I'd rather wait until the end of the GP Series before making a comment like that.

We shall see.

Let's go back to last seasons World Championship, Doyle was a cert to become world champion until that freak accident,he rides British speedway.

Tai spat his dummy out and thinks he is bigger than British speedway unless it's on his terms and runs out of rides abroad then comes crawling back.

Let's go back to last seasons World Championship, Doyle was a cert to become world champion until that freak accident,he rides British speedway.

Tai spat his dummy out and thinks he is bigger than British speedway unless it's on his terms and runs out of rides abroad then comes crawling back.

spat his dummy out!! Give it a rest your brain must be hurting! He rides where he thinks it is best for him to be able to try and win the world title and that means not riding here. He didn't crawl back , he came back to do extra meetings to keep himself sharp. You are so anti Tai that you totally forget the facts and make yourself look stupid you really are the gift that keeps giving. Was watching the Mark Loram DVD try having a look and hear Marks views on the BSPA and what they do for youngsters and why he isn't involved
  • Like 2

I'm not sure he's the most unpopular British World Champion, my opinion is very much like your's on him, however I recall Mike Lee also divided opinion and remember personally being gutted as a kid when I walked out of my first world final trip abroad in 1980.

Very true about Michael Lee. In the 1981 final when he came off a massive cheer came up from the crowd.

Not sure why he was unpopular. I think at that time most British fans seemed to support the USA! Or, at least, it seemed like that.

Must admit that I'm on the same page as you. Off to Warsaw tomorrow and my 2 nine foot Tai Woffinden flags wont be travelling. Woffinden has decided British speedway has served his purpose for him and he wants nothing more to do with it. Great while he was developing his talent, National,Premier, Elite leagues. British Championships, wild card to the GP, World cup final. But now British speedway has served its purpose and he's a World star then its bye bye., I'm sick of people making excuses for him, yet again he wants to ride in the World games because its good for him and him only,same as his Elite league cameo last year when he had a blank few weeks to spare us Don't expect this guy to give anything back to British speedway for the assistance it has given him in his career. He has all the excuses in the book for why he can't do a British Final, ride in the World Cup or do a training school,its all hot air, hell he couldn't even turn out for Peter Karlsson's testimonial , a guy who flew out all over Europe last year to assist him. He seems to think he is representing Britain by simply riding in the GP although factually he is more likely to sing Australia's national anthem than the British one. Chris Harris and Mark Loram may never achieve Woffinden's achievements but give me these 2 riders anyday, proud of what it meant to represent GB

Been having the Tai Woffinden debate with quite a few Brits at this weeks GP in Warsaw. Opinion like on this forum is pretty split. Some see him as the blue eyed boy of British speedway, some are annoyed by his actions and his treatment of British speedway and its fans. The lady I sat next to in Warsaw was a big fan and said " What have you got against him" I showed her the above post and she said " fair comment " Another guy at the airport said the same today. The problem is Tai Woffinden could have 99 % of British fans on his side by just taking the trouble to ride in the British Final and represent Team GB in the Speedway World Cup.I get it that some will never like him but that's their problem. Surely it would be better to have all the British fans pulling for you rather than splitting opinion,I don't think he cares but he should.

Must admit that I'm on the same page as you. Off to Warsaw tomorrow and my 2 nine foot Tai Woffinden flags wont be travelling. Woffinden has decided British speedway has served his purpose for him and he wants nothing more to do with it. Great while he was developing his talent, National,Premier, Elite leagues. British Championships, wild card to the GP, World cup final. But now British speedway has served its purpose and he's a World star then its bye bye., I'm sick of people making excuses for him, yet again he wants to ride in the World games because its good for him and him only,same as his Elite league cameo last year when he had a blank few weeks to spare us Don't expect this guy to give anything back to British speedway for the assistance it has given him in his career. He has all the excuses in the book for why he can't do a British Final, ride in the World Cup or do a training school,its all hot air, hell he couldn't even turn out for Peter Karlsson's testimonial , a guy who flew out all over Europe last year to assist him. He seems to think he is representing Britain by simply riding in the GP although factually he is more likely to sing Australia's national anthem than the British one. Chris Harris and Mark Loram may never achieve Woffinden's achievements but give me these 2 riders anyday, proud of what it meant to represent GB

Excellent post - absolutely spot on!

• Like 2

Something I else I noticed being at the Gp this weekend. I thought Tai Woffinden rode really well and with first pick in the semi final fully expected him to make the final.Not to be and after a rerun he comes in 3rd and is eliminated. He then proceeds to do not one but two laps of honour on the Warsaw track. The usual rule of thumb is that if you are a home rider and eliminated you do a lap of honour to thank your home fans, if you're not then get off the track and back to the pits.with the others.

He may think its ' all about him ' but it isn't ! not the time or his place

We shall see.

I seriously hope he is very very wrong in Doyles case

That is his modus operandi Gavan - he knows little else.

Says the man who was leaving the forum ever only to come back because it just a cry for help ...not sure after that should you call anyone a liar and that's even before we get into changing the way you vote so it would impress your boyfriend ..but there again when your modus operandi is being hypocritical so one should not be shocked

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Says the man who was leaving the forum ever only to come back because it just a cry for help ...not sure after that should you call anyone a liar and that's even before we get into changing the way you vote so it would impress your boyfriend ..but there again when your modus operandi is being hypocritical so one should not be shocked

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Have you nothing original to say? You have said that a number of times now.

I had to explain to you that changing your mind isn't lying - you obviously have a problem understanding English, never mind writing it.

As for the rest of your Post - unintelligible claptrap as usual.

I don't know what you were taught at School - but it certainly wasn't English. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

The sad thing is we should be all cheering him on tonight in the gp but for a large majority that is no longer the case. He has lost so much support in this country. Sure, as Stevebrum puts it, he will get the biggest cheer at Cardiff. There are a lot of people who attend this one meeting. At grass roots club fan level he has lost a ton of support for his snub of anything British. Refuses to ride for his country, the British championship or his own countries league.

To be honest I couln't care less if he wins tonight or scores zero. And that is a shame.

People on here saying it his his choice as the British league is rubbish. Well perhaps if he said I am riding in it, the league would be more enticing?

I said it before and I say again. The most unpopular British world champion we have ever had. A real shame but the lislike for him is totally self inflicted.

Utter rubbish as usual. That should read 'for a large minority'.

Your opinion. Even someone who was at the Warsaw GP found that many no longer support the guy.

You can continue to beat the Woffinden drum but he has lost the support of a large majority of British fans.

I myself am not anti Woffinden. If he came back to British speedway league, rode for TeamGb and rode in the national championships he would get support back. But certainly not with the way he has treated British fans currently as mugs. But I guess some would support him even if he said it to their face.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I'm afraid his posts often suffer with over generalisations on what ever the subject matter...however there are a few on here with the same inclinations!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 3

Your opinion. Even someone who was at the Warsaw GP found that many no longer support the guy.

You can continue to beat the Woffinden drum but he has lost the support of a large majority of British fans.

I myself am not anti Woffinden. If he came back to British speedway league, rode for TeamGb and rode in the national championships he would get support back. But certainly not with the way he has treated British fans currently as mugs. But I guess some would support him even if he said it to their face.

Please explain why you think he should come back and ride in the British League?? If your answer is ' because he is British' then that just shows your lack of understanding

• Like 1

30,000 fans at Cardiff prove you wrong year after year...they must also be a part of this 'large majority' then? :rofl: