British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Tai Massive Project

30,000 fans at Cardiff prove you wrong year after year...they must also be a part of this 'large majority' then? :rofl:

Wasting your breath mate , Shovlar is always right even when proved wrong!

A few keyboard warriors (and lets be fair the vast majority of them on here dont exactly appear the sharpest tools) dont tell the whole truth.

Biggest cheer at Cardiff will be for Tai..................Shovlar, Orion , Speedibee and Robert72 slowly rocking in the corner lol

Your opinion. Even someone who was at the Warsaw GP found that many no longer support the guy.

You can continue to beat the Woffinden drum but he has lost the support of a large majority of British fans.

I myself am not anti Woffinden. If he came back to British speedway league, rode for TeamGb and rode in the national championships he would get support back. But certainly not with the way he has treated British fans currently as mugs. But I guess some would support him even if he said it to their face.

Thats where you and I differ Steve , for me there's no way back for Woffinden , I hope he does a Penhall, and just quits one day . avoids him ever coming back here

• Like 1

Thats where you and I differ Steve , for me there's no way back for Woffinden , I hope he does a Penhall, and just quits one day . avoids him ever coming back here

True he has treated British fans with utter distain and contempt and there will always be apologists, but he could still right the wrongs by showing some remorse and accept that showing a lack of respect to Britain is not the way to garner the following of a countrys fans.

The whole British speedway nation should be 100% behind him. A real pity so many no longer cheer him on.

• Like 4

what a sad and pathetic attitude to have. No way back from what??? The fact he doesnt ride in our league??? Stupid argument

True he has treated British fans with utter distain and contempt and there will always be apologists, but he could still right the wrongs by showing some remorse and accept that showing a lack of respect to Britain is not the way to garner the following of a countrys fans.

The whole British speedway nation should be 100% behind him. A real pity so many no longer cheer him on.

No rider will ever have 100% support.

Lets be fair more people disliked Havvy and a number booed Lee as well.

And let me reword your last sentence A REAL PITY THAT A FEW PEOPLE ON A SPEEDWAY FORUM NO LONGER CHEER HIM ON.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

30,000 fans at Cardiff prove you wrong year after year...they must also be a part of this 'large majority' then? :rofl:

​How many of the 30,000 mentioned are British?

How many of them are regular speedway supporters? It would appear that on the quoted figure that every speedway supporter in the UK will be there!

How many of those attending are not speedway supporters but the sort of sports follower who just likes to attend the big event?

​How many know of the shenanigans associated with 'the great man' and only raise a cheer when his name is mentioned because of the fact he is described as being British?

Edited by Guest

I actively cheer anybody who is beating him ..Lol . not at loud as i cheer for people beating the other Aussie Doyle though

How many of them are regular speedway supporters? It would appear that on the quoted figure that every speedway supporter in the UK will be there!

How many of those attending are not speedway supporters but the sort of sports follower who just likes to attend the big event?

​How many know of the shenanigans associated with 'the great man' and only raise a cheer when his name is mentioned because of the fact he is mentioned as being British?

take all those away , plus the British supporters who will support their own team member regardless of nationality . and add people who feel obliged to cheer every rider and the number would actually be quite small , anyway chris4gillian ,wouldnt know who is cheering for who , because he is too busy out on the concourse holding hands with gillian and sucking her face

what a sad and pathetic attitude to have. No way back from what??? The fact he doesnt ride in our league??? Stupid argument

No rider will ever have 100% support.

Lets be fair more people disliked Havvy and a number booed Lee as well.

And let me reword your last sentence A REAL PITY THAT A FEW PEOPLE ON A SPEEDWAY FORUM NO LONGER CHEER HIM ON.

Mark Loram seemed very well supported by fans all over the uk

When will you see the damage tai is doing to British speedway, he is a PR disaster for British speedway.

Tai isn't a universally popular World Champion here in the UK in the same way Mark Loram was, I think that's a given. His attitude, actions and words have turned people against him, whereas some people have just never liked him from the off. It certainly doesn't seem to bother him, so i'm not sure why some posters on here are getting their knickers in a twist about it so much.

Did it ever transpire what this 'Massive Project' actually is?

• Like 1

Mark Loram seemed very well supported by fans all over the uk

When will you see the damage tai is doing to British speedway, he is a PR disaster for British speedway.

Mark Loram was very well supported, quite possibly along with PC the most popular British World Champion

Never said Tai was as well supported as those two. Fact is Tai is far more popular than Havelock ever was and possibly more than Lee

Tai is doing no damage to British Speedway if you think he is your are somewhat deluded. If you think the damage he is doing is because he doesnt ride here your so far off the mark its laughable.

My newspaper had a column on him on Saturday and then again on Sunday. I wonder how many people read the Saturday column, decide to tune in to support a Brit and saw him do well and saw possibly one of the best gp's we have seen in ages??? Hell you never know it might have created a few new fans who might then check to see where their local track is and pop along, so all in all good for British Speedway.

The damage to British Speedway was happening long before Tai stopped riding here, only a blinkered Tai hater would lay the blame at his door

Edited by Gavan

Tai isn't a universally popular World Champion here in the UK in the same way Mark Loram was, I think that's a given. His attitude, actions and words have turned people against him, whereas some people have just never liked him from the off. It certainly doesn't seem to bother him, so i'm not sure why some posters on here are getting their knickers in a twist about it so much.

Did it ever transpire what this 'Massive Project' actually is?

vanished into the ether like his training schools , and all his other big ideas for british speedway .

Mark Loram was very well supported, quite possibly along with PC the most popular British World Champion

Never said Tai was as well supported as those two. Fact is Tai is far more popular than Havelock ever was and possibly more than Lee

Tai is doing no damage to British Speedway if you think he is your are somewhat deluded. If you think the damage he is doing is because he doesnt ride here your so far off the mark its laughable.

My newspaper had a column on him on Saturday and then again on Sunday. I wonder how many people read the Saturday column, decide to tune in to support a Brit and saw him do well and saw possibly one of the best gp's we have seen in ages??? Hell you never know it might have created a few new fans who might then check to see where their local track is and pop along, so all in all good for British Speedway.

The damage to British Speedway was happening long before Tai stopped riding here, only a blinkered Tai hater would lay the blame at his door

So someone reads the small article in a paper about tai and then becomes interested in going to a local track to watch British speedway and seeing British rider tai only to find out that tai is not riding in British speedway, That is great.

You must stop with the (tai hater) name calling about people that are purely disappointed with tai.

So someone reads the small article in a paper about tai and then becomes interested in going to a local track to watch British speedway and seeing British rider tai only to find out that tai is not riding in British speedway, That is great.

You must stop with the (tai hater) name calling about people that are purely disappointed with tai.

Surely its better to have an article in the paper then to not have one at all?

And yes why wouldnt they be interested in going to their local track and watching speedway?? Why would they expect a top world rider to be at their local track? Lets be fair they would only see the worlds best if they went to Swindon and Wolves so why would they assume the world best would ride here?

Im disappointed in Tai with the way he looks. Think he looks daft with the tattoos and piercings.

Am i disappointed he doesnt ride over here or for Team GB? Hell no. I want him to do whats right for him and his career. I want the Brit to be World Champion.

As ive said watch the Mark Loram DVD, he explains very very clearly the problems with the BSPA and the way the sport is run and the lack of help for any youngsters coming through. No wonder Tai cant be bothered in the same way Nicholls and Richardson did before him (interesting footnote on Richardson on the Loram DVD!)

Edited by Gavan

It is, it's hard to believe but we are proud of being British, more than we realise and 100% Tai snubbing us is a step too far, even if he's peed off with the BSPA, whatabout the fans!! Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

It is, it's hard to believe but we are proud of being British, more than we realise and 100% Tai snubbing us is a step too far, even if he's peed off with the BSPA, whatabout the fans!!

Are real speedway fans that worried that he isnt riding here?? Im certainly not and ive no idea why others are.

Im proud of being British and myself along with 30000 others will show you how proud when Tai is announced at Cardiff

Edited by Gavan

Are real speedway fans that worried that he isnt riding here?? Im certainly not and ive no idea why others are.

Im proud of being British and myself along with 30000 others will show you how proud when Tai is announced at Cardiff

​That 30,000 figure for the attendance by British supporters is probably equal to the overall total for all tracks during a week of racing. How do you reconcile that amount?

​How many know of the shenanigans associated with 'the great man' and only raise a cheer when his name is mentioned because of the fact he is described as being British?