British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Tai Massive Project

Are real speedway fans that worried that he isnt riding here?? Im certainly not and ive no idea why others are.

Im proud of being British and myself along with 30000 others will show you how proud when Tai is announced at Cardiff

Up to you but I won't, he doesn't want to race for us in our country so he can go whistle!
  • Like 2

​That 30,000 figure for the attendance by British supporters is probably equal to the overall total for all tracks during a week of racing. How do you reconcile that amount?

You think that people that go Cardiff are not speedway fans???

I dont go to a sporting event i dont have an interest in. Hate Rugby and Cricket and funnily enough never been.

Ok narrow it down to 25000 speedway fans then.................still know who will get the biggest cheer.

Do you think that all fans go every week?

I go to Ipswich 5 or 6 times a season. I would suggest many other fans do the same. People dont have the time or the finances or even the desire to go every week. when i was younger it was Ipswich Thursday, Hackney Friday, Arena Saturday and Rye House Sunday. Im married with a family i dont go so much now. But i go to Cardiff (apart from 3 times). Im pretty sure a lot of fans are the same.

Facts are facts........ Tai is British and a 2x World Champion and people abuse him because he doesnt race here and doesnt agree with the BSPA. Crazy

Up to you but I won't, he doesn't want to race for us in our country so he can go whistle!

Can you please give a valued response as to why you think he should race here? And saying ' Because he is British' isnt a good enough response

And do you honestly think him not racing here is affecting British speedway?

• Like 1

Ok narrow it down to 25000 speedway fans then.................still know who will get the biggest cheer.

A few years ago a company SPEDEWORTH MOTORSPORTS annually took a coach load of staff to the GPs at Cardiff. I would assume their staff had more interest in other motor sport rather than speedway?

Why did they go to the GP at Cardiff - because it was a community outing. I doubt that many of them actually knew much about the competing riders but probably cheered when the British competitor/competitors were named.

And most British supporters attending the GP are NOT there to support British riders but to support the rider/s who race for the club they follow.

Edited by Guest

A few years ago a company SPEDEWORTH MOTORSPORTS annually took a coach load of staff to the GPs at Cardiff. I would assume their staff had more interest in other motor sport rater than speedway?

Why did they go to the GP at Cardiff - because it was a community outing. I doubt that many of them actually knew much about the competing riders but probably cheered when the British competitor/competitors were named.

And most British supporters attending the GP are NOT there to support British riders but to support the rider/s who race for the club they follow.

When Rickardsson and Gollob rode for us at Ipswich i still cheered for Loram and Louis .............Im unfortunately a West Ham fan. If England played Portugal i would not be cheering on Jose Fonte but i would be cheering Harry Kane (who plays for a team i detest). Guess im just patriotic rather then blinded

A few years ago a company SPEDEWORTH MOTORSPORTS annually took a coach load of staff to the GPs at Cardiff. I would assume their staff had more interest in other motor sport rater than speedway?

...I certainly used to cheer on Hans Nielsen when he rode for the 'Cheetahs' and the same could have been said for many of the Cradley fans at the time who were there to support Erik Gundersen.

Many speedway fans when I used to attend (and I travelled to many One-Off World Finals during the eighties) cheered on their club favourites and nationalism went by the wayside.

• Like 1

I dont go to a sporting event i dont have an interest in. Hate Rugby and Cricket and funnily enough never been.

Do you think that all fans go every week?

I go to Ipswich 5 or 6 times a season. I would suggest many other fans do the same. People dont have the time or the finances or even the desire to go every week. when i was younger it was Ipswich Thursday, Hackney Friday, Arena Saturday and Rye House Sunday. Im married with a family i dont go so much now. But i go to Cardiff (apart from 3 times). Im pretty sure a lot of fans are the same.

Facts are facts........ Tai is British and a 2x World Champion and people abuse him because he doesnt race here and doesnt agree with the BSPA. Crazy

Can you please give a valued response as to why you think he should race here? And saying ' Because he is British' isnt a good enough response

The same reason the Swedes race in Sweden, the Poles race in Poland and the Danes race in Denmark ...

Of course him not racing here affects sport in this country, he would be a draw card and popular guy ....

Edited by Trees

I know not all people who go to Cardiff are speedway fans. I've taken a couple along with me in the past for a 'day out'.

Being double world champion, it's a kick in the teeth that Woffinden doesn't race in his home league. You seem to have been around speedway long enough to know what a draw a world champion can be to a domestic meeting. The chance of seeing the WC in aciton or the chance that one of your second strings, or even (and it's been known) a reserve beating the current world champion is often enough to stick a few extra people through the turnstyles who maybe would have given it a miss otherwise. More revenue for the promotions, making clubs more secure - that's just one way him not racing here could affect British Speedway.

I know not all people who go to Cardiff are speedway fans. I've taken a couple along with me in the past for a 'day out'.

Being double world champion, it's a kick in the teeth that Woffinden doesn't race in his home league. You seem to have been around speedway long enough to know what a draw a world champion can be to a domestic meeting. The chance of seeing the WC in aciton or the chance that one of your second strings, or even (and it's been known) a reserve beating the current world champion is often enough to stick a few extra people through the turnstyles who maybe would have given it a miss otherwise. More revenue for the promotions, making clubs more secure - that's just one way him not racing here could affect British Speedway.

on the other hand ,Woffinden could keep bums off seats , it certainly did mine ,end of last season my principles would not let me go to any meeting Woffinden rode in

on the other hand ,Woffinden could keep bums off seats , it certainly did mine ,end of last season my principles would not let me go to any meeting Woffinden rode in

That's the flip side, but had he turned up and been beaten legitimately by a reserve, wouldn't you have wanted to see that?

Probably the only thing I remember about Havelock's WC year was him turning up at Reading and being beaten by Phil Morris from reserve. Loved it! But then Havelock was a bit of an arrogant cock too! :D

Edited by Wackie
  • Like 1

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Have you nothing original to say? You have said that a number of times now.

I had to explain to you that changing your mind isn't lying - you obviously have a problem understanding English, never mind writing it.

As for the rest of your Post - unintelligible claptrap as usual.

I don't know what you were taught at School - but it certainly wasn't English. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

We knew you lying because we all knew you were coming back ....it a sad cry for help from someone who quite clearly in need of attention and of course you never let us down ..the same as when you had to change how you voted so someone could be your friend .. the trouble is your so stupid you thought people were as gullible as you clearly are .

• Like 2

We knew you lying because we all knew you were coming back ....it a sad cry for help from someone who quite clearly in need of attention and of course you never let us down ..the same as when you had to change how you voted so someone could be your friend .. the trouble is your so stupid you thought people were as gullible as you clearly are .

Classic Orion... :rofl:

• Like 2

ME!!! :shock:

Stupid!!! :shock:

Read your Post. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

orion - the gift that keeps on giving. :rofl:

• Like 1

Now that is a fact. I remember early June 2002 very well, Ryan Sullivan winning at Cardiff. I've never been more animated at a GP than when Ryan hit the front in the final much to the chagrin of the English flag wearing lady on my left (my family were to my right and were just as animated). I was wearing my Panthers' shirt with 'Sullivan' on the back and I couldn't have been happier when he crossed the line in front. My daughter had a Ryan Sullivan banner and she held it up for ages. When we watched the recording the next day her holding that banner was used by Sky as a backdrop when they rolled the credits.

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 2

Surely its better to have an article in the paper then to not have one at all?

And yes why wouldnt they be interested in going to their local track and watching speedway?? Why would they expect a top world rider to be at their local track? Lets be fair they would only see the worlds best if they went to Swindon and Wolves so why would they assume the world best would ride here?

Im disappointed in Tai with the way he looks. Think he looks daft with the tattoos and piercings.

As ive said watch the Mark Loram DVD, he explains very very clearly the problems with the BSPA and the way the sport is run and the lack of help for any youngsters coming through. No wonder Tai cant be bothered in the same way Nicholls and Richardson did before him (interesting footnote on Richardson on the Loram DVD!)

" Am I disappointed he doesnt ride over here or for Team GB? Hell no. I want him to do whats right for him and his career. I want the Brit to be World Champion.

Your Words Gavan

Are you for real ? Tell me is there any other genuine British speedway supporter out there on this forum who is not disappointed that Britain's best rider Tai Woffinden does not ride for Team GB. in the World Cup ? You're in a World of your own mate ! Either that or you've been brainwashed

Edited by New Science
  • Like 3

I enjoy reading many of 'White Knight's' comments unlike some people on here who just 'bark and shout' at those who don't always agree with them.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 4