British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfsbane

Somerset V Wolves Friday 5th May 19;30

Thought the priority for Ekstraliga matches was only in respect of rearranged fixtures? If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected

EDIT:Before anyone else does it, I'll correct myself. I've just re-read the original article, which I clearly misinterpreted

Tell ya what Womble I reckon your family are running the sport in this country ...or is that The Muppets?!
  • Like 1

I assume the only way it was agreed to Freddie riding in the British league was to conceed to these clashes. Does anyone know of any others? Shame as he would probably do well. As for no Masters or Riss, I guess that is not considered as we are permitted guests. Not what you want but modern day speedway run on a shoestring budget. 50-43 is my prediction.

Tell ya what Womble I reckon your family are running the sport in this country ...or is that The Muppets?!

:lol::lol:

It would appear that all the riders that have missed Oaktree fixtures (& the one's due to miss) are the very same riders that the fans will come to see.

How much is this costing the Somerset Promotion?

This season it's been great racing for the fans that turn-up BUT its the big names that will drag in the extra fans!

How can this major problem be sorted?

• Like 2

Absolutely wonderful, its the fans who miss out yet again,No Kasprazak, no Holder and now no Freddie and they wonder why clubs are struggling for crowds.

Best get used to it as the system isn't working so UK Speedway will go it alone.

Taking this in on my wee mini tour , will miss my visit to Somerset with Glasgow this year , so this is an opportunity for my Oak Tree Arena fix .

• Like 2

It would appear that all the riders that have missed Oaktree fixtures (& the one's due to miss) are the very same riders that the fans will come to see.

How much is this costing the Somerset Promotion?

This season it's been great racing for the fans that turn-up BUT its the big names that will drag in the extra fans!

How can this major problem be sorted?

Unless sponsors pay the riders money it ain't going to get sorted. Because the big boys are not interested in riding a full season here.

Taking this in on my wee mini tour , will miss my visit to Somerset with Glasgow this year , so this is an opportunity for my Oak Tree Arena fix .

and you'll be welcome,and you may even cheer for the rebels for a night!
  • Like 2

and you'll be welcome,and you may even cheer for the rebels for a night!

Paulco a Honorary Rebel ........I like that .. Top Man

• Like 1

Confirmed that Lambert, Richie Worrall and Ellis Perks guest for Wolves. Such poor fixture planning.

• Like 1

For god sake. Another match where a no.1 will be missing. That's Lindgren, Holder and Kasprzak now... although some might argue that Kasprzak and Holder have been missing all season ;)

However this match has been in the calendar since the start of the season so why the hell there is a facility, is anybodies guess. What a joke.

Not sure what signing the form has to do with anything?

This is all getting beyond a joke now, every meeting that counts so far at the Oaktree has had a significant member of the visiting team missing and the speedway public are being ripped off !!!

It would be an interesting stat, to work out how many meetings are completed by each team using their own riders. And how many have been completed by either using guests or the RR facility.

Speedway as a 'Club' sport, has always been 'loose' when it comes to riders representing a team.

Each season it changes...riders representing different teams year after year.

It's always seemed so very hollow when following 'your team'.

A small amount of riders to choose from...hence it sometimes feels like you are watching the same old riders week after week.

I was very pleased when Somerset announced their team this season...only two changes in personnel. It really makes a difference to me. I prefer it when you can make that connection with the same riders representing your club.

Would be nice to see BWD and ZACH back next season, and the other 5 of this and last years team improving to make a stronger and more experienced septet for next season....averages allowing.

Speedway in the UK desperately needs to sort itself out, whether that be better fixture planning, changes in race night or ridding itself of riders who aren't 100% committed to our league above all other competitions. People are sick to the back teeth of missing riders.

Confirmed that Lambert, Richie Worrall and Ellis Perks guest for Wolves. Such poor fixture planning.

Couldn't agree more :t:

Doesn't appear that the Somerset promotion are too bothered though about Masters & Lindgren being missing as surely they wouldn't have agreed either! The 'B' fixture is planned for friday 28th july, Edinburgh currently have no fixture on that day (@ Ipswich the previous night) but guess what, yep Rybnik riding so no Freddie again as far as I can tell!!

Edited by Wolfsbane

Couldn't agree more :t:

Doesn't appear that the Somerset promotion are too bothered though about Masters & Lindgren being missing as surely they wouldn't have agreed either! The 'B' fixture is planned for friday 28th july, Edinburgh currently have no fixture on that day (@ Ipswich the previous night) but guess what, yep Rybnik riding so no Freddie again as far as I can tell!!

Somerset have actually been pretty clever and good business sense to ensure we've signed 7 riders where we take priority on all of them. The only one in question is Hougaard, although his SEC commitments are now over already so hopefully he is here for the rest of our fixtures now. It amazes me that some clubs, and I think Leicester are probably the worst culprits, have so many riders missing on a regular basis and their management don't seem to give a monkeys about it. At a quick glance Swindon have also done a very good job in signing riders they take priority on.

Maybe my viewpoint has changed now that we're a top flight club but I don't believe that a 2nd division fixture should take priority over a 1st division fixture - unless in the event of a match being rearranged. However that said, the mind literally boggles how the fixture list has been screwed up so badly.

It's criminal that this whole thread is basically discussing riders that are missing instead of what should of been a discussion about Wolves looking to win at Somerset and Somersets chances with the upturn of form of Rohan on Monday.... however the rider absentees is the biggest issue with speedway at the moment in this country.

Edited by Najjer