British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jeffster

Premier Sports To Show Swedish And Polish Speedway In The Uk For The 2017 Season

Sorry, I'll stay silent next time...

No disrespect to you dave, your commentary is brilliant. But the overdubbing does take some of the atmosphere off the live sound from the track. It would be nice for Prem Sports to fly you out trackside, i'll petition them.

All with smart arse comments above, if you note I did not critise the commentary.

Edited by pugwash

I'd take Dave Goddards commentary over the offerings of Eurosport & BT Sport at any time, overdub or not. And as for having an "expert summariser", that concept has been brought into disrepute by Sam Ummalenko & co. Just how many mangled pronounciations do you want to be subjected to?

No disrespect to you dave, your commentary is brilliant. But the overdubbing does take some of the atmosphere off the live sound from the track. It would be nice for Prem Sports to fly you out trackside, i'll petition them.

All with smart arse comments above, if you note I did not critise the commentary.

You really don't have a clue how it all works, do you? Petition away. I''d bve amazed if there's a budget to take Dave to Poland.

As for 'smart arse' comments I suggest you look at the stupidity of what you posted originally. You said "crap coverage" - so how does that NOT include the commentary?

This used to be such a haven from the idiocy of the Elie League/Premiership section. Better to leave you all to it now, I think.

Edited by rmc

Drop it please. My comment about staying silent was intended to be humorous.

I appreciate you can never please everyone with a commentary, but I try to make it as informative and enjoyable as possible for everyone - and interacting with people through Twitter gets them involved too.

As for the biting on small fish comment, I don't like fish much ;)

Edited by Dave Goddard
  • Like 1

Drop it please. My comment about staying silent was intended to be humorous.

I appreciate you can never please everyone with a commentary, but I try to make it as informative and enjoyable as possible for everyone - and interacting with people through Twitter gets them involved too.

As for the biting on small fish comment, I don't like fish much ;)

Ha ha, good fishing. Good commentary Mr Goddard. Everyone is different. Different commentary style will please different people. Who cares. Lets get speedway on TV and enjoy it.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

You really don't have a clue how it all works, do you? Petition away. I''d bve amazed if there's a budget to take Dave to Poland.

Whoosh.

Ha ha, good fishing. Good commentary Mr Goddard. Everyone is different. Different commentary style will please different people. Who cares. Lets get speedway on TV and enjoy it.

Too true. I remember there used to be this guy on screensport :sad:

I'd take Dave Goddards commentary over the offerings of Eurosport & BT Sport at any time, overdub or not. And as for having an "expert summariser", that concept has been brought into disrepute by Sam Ummalenko & co. Just how many mangled pronounciations do you want to be subjected to?

Really enjoyed the coverage on Tuesday and I too would much prefer Dave Goddard's commentary compared to Pearsons "Screaming".

• Like 1

Someone at work pinged me this:

I have not tried it yet but until 30th May code GAA17 should give 12 months for £25.

Usual price £9.99 per month, 12 month subscription to Premier Sports for one off cost of £25. Use code GAA17 when ordering - Sky customers only.

Premier Sports is available in Great Britain via Sky channel 428 in HD and Virgin on channel 551.

Premier cover the GAA Championships, Allianz League, Club Championships and Republic of Ireland football friendlies throughout the year along with a host of other sports.

Special offer to celebrate 25 years of GAA broadcasting! -12 month Premier Sports Pass available for only £25*

To celebrate 25 years of Setanta and Premier bringing live GAA to fans in GB they are offering a 12 month pass to the channel for the amazing prize of just £25, which saves you £95.

This offer is only available via the Sky platform using promo code GAA17.

Offer ends 30 May 2017.

• Like 2

I have not tried it yet but until 30th May code GAA17 should give 12 months for £25.

Usual price £9.99 per month, 12 month subscription to Premier Sports for one off cost of £25. Use code GAA17 when ordering - Sky customers only.

Premier Sports is available in Great Britain via Sky channel 428 in HD and Virgin on channel 551.

Premier cover the GAA Championships, Allianz League, Club Championships and Republic of Ireland football friendlies throughout the year along with a host of other sports.

Special offer to celebrate 25 years of GAA broadcasting! -12 month Premier Sports Pass available for only £25*

To celebrate 25 years of Setanta and Premier bringing live GAA to fans in GB they are offering a 12 month pass to the channel for the amazing prize of just £25, which saves you £95.

Offer ends 30 May 2017.

I can confirm that this works. Many thanks

Nearly booked it but put off by it automatically renewing next year unless you cancel in advance which il proberly forget to do and it will £100 plus next year. Seems daft not to have it though at £25

Offer ends 30 May 2017.

Worked perfect. Many thanks.

Just explained the deal to the wife who said with everything else I do it's taking the Michael ordering this as well especially after changing the broadband to get BT sports. I played the obedient husband and agreed. She's just gone upstairs so I quickly booked it up. She'll never know, il watch it when she goes to work , I don't leave for a couple of hours after her. I also do all our bills etc which she's grateful for so she'll never know. It's only a little lie, il confess one day. It's not as bad as testing a new motorbike a few years ago and buying it on a whim with the holiday money which she still doesn't know about cuz I put it on a credit card which I sneakily paid off. Awaiting abuse from the female forum members. Lol

• Like 3

Not happy with Premier Sports now. I took up the offer of £1 for two months. I rang them today to see if I could cancel and take the new offer up, but I was told this was only for new customers, so it seems it was £1 badly spent. They offered me a deal of £4-99 a month for 12 months, but as I've got no interest in anything else they show, that would work out at over a tenner a month (for what I want ). At least I can enjoy it until early July.

Edited by spanner47

Not happy with Premier Sports now. I took up the offer of £1 for two months. I rang them today to see if I could cancel and take the new offer up, but I was told this was only for new customers, so it seems it was £1 badly spent. They offered me a deal of £4-99 a month for 12 months, but as I've got no interest in anything else they show, that would work out at over a tenner a month (for what I want ). At least I can enjoy it until early July.

I am in exactly the same position and like you rather upset- I will cancel a month before the end of the season.

Just used the code and yes it works 100% £25 for 12 months but can understand others not being happy with the previous offer