British Speedway Forum
NOBODY

Brian Collins International Speedway Website.

Does anybody know what has happened to Brian and his website. It hasn't been touched since last March (2016). Hope hes ok. Thanks.

• Like 1

Does anybody know what has happened to Brian and his website. It hasn't been touched since last March (2016). Hope hes ok. Thanks.

Brian's okay. An update to Windows 10 has made the programme that he used to build the site no longer compatible.

With so much data it would be too big a task to start it all again.

The site will stay up, but can't be updated.

• Like 2

Brian's okay. An update to Windows 10 has made the programme that he used to build the site no longer compatible.

With so much data it would be too big a task to start it all again.

The site will stay up, but can't be updated.

Brian Collins' International Speedway website is one of my favourites. Here's a Link to it as it is currently presented - great information to be seen.

http://www.internationalspeedway.co.uk

Good to hear.The one speedway history site,i would be lost without

Thought i had seen Brian on here recently though

OK thanks. Shame after so much work into it to not be able to continue.

I readily admit to being no IT expert at all.

But after switching to a new laptop last year on Windows 10 I had all sorts of issues with a variety of old programs that would not initially work on the new platform. Somehow I managed with huge effort to get them all functioning in the end or fund ways to move to new ones without too much extra work.

Could not tell you how in each case as I just seemed to 'fiddle around' until I got somewhere.

Is there no way that some tech savvy geek here could not get Brian's steam-driven program working again?

Or provide a way of transferring his data easily to a modern version as a work-around?

I had a windows 10 issue after an update with my display driver that had a conflict with windows 10.

I solved my problem by doing a clean reinstall of windows (it's an automated process) on my laptop to revert it back to windows 8.1. But before any reinstall of windows is made a full backup of any files MUST be done otherwise you will lose all information. This is because the hard drive is completely wiped clean of all stored information.

This reinstall should solve Brian collins and his website creating software problem.

Brian, must check to whether during the windows 10 install his previous version of windows was stored in his computer. If he sees a file stating 'Windows OS' in his my documents folder below videos and above the D drive in my documents he will be OK.

At this location my laptop when using windows 10 listed it being as 'windows 8.1'

Hope this info helps Brian and his excellent website.

Edited by Robbie B

I'd be happy to cha to Brian about his issue and the software he uses and hopefully find an alternative.

Would be a great shame to see the site ended.

I'd be happy to cha to Brian about his issue and the software he uses and hopefully find an alternative.

Would be a great shame to see the site ended.

This message on Brian Collins' excellent website carries this 'how to contact' message with an email address:

:::: Additions and corrections to this website are always very welcome, and are much appreciated e-mail me at internationalspeedway@yahoo.co.uk

Edited by Guest

First, can I thank everybody for their kind comments about my International Speedway website. I say "my", but I mean "our" website, as over a hundred of you from all around the world contributed to its' success, with thousands of updates over the 12-year life of the site. I had never anticipated such a response so I want to thank each and every one of you for your contributions.

The end of the site came over a year ago due to a combination of circumstances. I bought a new PC, but the older one's hardware got damaged; Windows 10 didn't like the ageing 16-year old web-building software (Hot Metal Pro) I had been using since day 1; totally disillusioned with UK speedway these days (I've been to one meeting this year - the Krsko GP); and the problems of my advancing years - all of these factors contributed to my decision to close the site.

I can still be contacted at internationalspeedway@yahoo.co.uk , but please don't send updates to me as the site cannot now be updated. It will continue to be available to view for as long as possible, though.

Thanks.

Brian Collins

• Like 6

First, can I thank everybody for their kind comments about my International Speedway website. I say "my", but I mean "our" website, as over a hundred of you from all around the world contributed to its' success, with thousands of updates over the 12-year life of the site. I had never anticipated such a response so I want to thank each and every one of you for your contributions.

The end of the site came over a year ago due to a combination of circumstances. I bought a new PC, but the older one's hardware got damaged; Windows 10 didn't like the ageing 16-year old web-building software (Hot Metal Pro) I had been using since day 1; totally disillusioned with UK speedway these days (I've been to one meeting this year - the Krsko GP); and the problems of my advancing years - all of these factors contributed to my decision to close the site.

I can still be contacted at internationalspeedway@yahoo.co.uk , but please don't send updates to me as the site cannot now be updated. It will continue to be available to view for as long as possible, though.

Thanks.

Brian Collins

Great site Brian.... and sorry you are another who has become disillusioned in something you (like I) care so much about

Thanks.

Brian Collins

Brian, those are totally understandable reasons.

It's still a great site mate, many of us (myself included) dip into it on a regular basis!

Hope all is well and see you in Poland in a few weeks' time!!

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Thanks.

Brian Collins

Same thing happened to with my websites. Can't find the passwords to update or the time re-do from start. Thanks for leaving your site up though, good for checking & researching speedway info....

Edited by Martin Mauger

Thanks.

Brian Collins

I just want to say 'many thanks BrianCollins' for the wonderful website you created. I have referred to it countless times over the years. I am delighted that access to it will still be possible. I also still recall the many little chats we used to have at Wimbledon in the Conference League era. Sadly, since then I have not only lost contact with your goodself but the others who were in 'our little clique' that used to reminisce about 'the good old days when we had speedway!' - you know what I mean by that comment I am sure!

A terrific site - one of the very best for all us amateur historians, and programme collectors looking for results.

One of the problems with this technology though, isn't it? Once Microsoft, Apple (in my case), or any of our other TechnoMasters decide they are are no longer going to support the platforms on which we've invested countless hours, that's it.

I fully understand Brian's disillusionment with the sport in general as well. I've been to one meeting since Newport closed.

Thanks for all your efforts Brian. I've spent many enjoyable and rewarding hours on your site, as well as contributing a few bits and pieces myself, and I'm glad it will remain with us for the time being.