British Speedway Forum
Trevor

Premier Sport Swedish & Polish League

I see Premier Sports TV have got the rights to both Swedish and Polish leagues. With Tuesdays showing a Swedish match followed by a Polish match.

Great news and at 1 quid for first 2 month great value too. (Think it's 11.99 a month after but you have no contract and can cancel with 30 days notice.)

Great news and at 1 quid for first 2 month great value too. (Think it's 11.99 a month after but you have no contract and can cancel with 30 days notice.)

Only for Sky users.

Which is handy for me as wife signed a new contract till October (I wanted to go over to bt tv when the coverage switched) so paying 27 quid for bt sports is softened by getting the polish and Swedish so cheaply. Not to mention nascar and BRISCA

Which is handy for me as wife signed a new contract till October (I wanted to go over to bt tv when the coverage switched) so paying 27 quid for bt sports is softened by getting the polish and Swedish so cheaply. Not to mention nascar and BRISCA

You can cancel Sky Sports ate any time with 30 days notice even if you're within your contracted period. Do that and you can switch to BT Sport then if that's your preference.

Your contract is for the base package, everything else is just a rolling 30 day contract.

I got a deal from Virgin Media to add Premier Sports for effectively £3 per month for 12 months. They said I got such favourable treatment because I also have Sky Sports. As a Premiership Football watcher as well, that is no hardship.

I know I'm in the minority and this will sound bonkers but I prefer watching our leagues anyway, the Swedish and Polish teams mean nothing to me and neither do the riders. If they don't ride here I'm not bothered about watching them in league racing. Love the gps but that's individual so don't mind watching that

• Like 1

I know I'm in the minority and this will sound bonkers but I prefer watching our leagues anyway, the Swedish and Polish teams mean nothing to me and neither do the riders. If they don't ride here I'm not bothered about watching them in league racing. Love the gps but that's individual so don't mind watching that

same as me not worried about Sweden and Poland happy with just BT sport's
  • Like 1

Well I watch the Polish Extraleague live on N Sports and as a complete neutral I watch for the whole event, not just the racing. Theres lots that British speedway could learn from the way the Polish league is run. If a meeting says it starts at 1.45 pm, the riders are at the tapes for heat 1 at 1.45 pm. Every time. In the UK riders shuffle out within 5 minutes of 7.30 pm, then faff around kicking the start line, then practice starts etc and the first race is at 7.47. Or 7.53. Or theres a delay as an old man in the crowd has tied the doctor up.

Everything in Poland is gear for the max. Crowds, music, mic man, advertising, start girls wriggling and blowing kisses to the camera.

Well worth watching.

• Like 1

Well I watch the Polish Extraleague live on N Sports and as a complete neutral I watch for the whole event, not just the racing. Theres lots that British speedway could learn from the way the Polish league is run. If a meeting says it starts at 1.45 pm, the riders are at the tapes for heat 1 at 1.45 pm. Every time. In the UK riders shuffle out within 5 minutes of 7.30 pm, then faff around kicking the start line, then practice starts etc and the first race is at 7.47. Or 7.53. Or theres a delay as an old man in the crowd has tied the doctor up.

;):rofl:

I just love watching speedway at all levels and wherever. I prefer team racing but I don't set up artificial barriers to stop my enjoyment. When I hear peopple talking about not wanting to watch because they consider the riders not good enough or the meetings not 'meaningful' enoughI do feel a certain sadness. Why not just watch and enjoy the racing?

You do get the feeling that some only love seeing their own team win and actually don't really enjoy the sport itself.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

Not at all ,happy to travel and watch say Workington v's Edinburgh which means nothing to me but at least I've followed the riders over the years. Enjoy watching any riders that I've an idea about

I always struggle with polish speedway streams as without understanding the commentary it's harder for me to follow. Having English commentary hopefully will make it more engaging.

I don't have a team in Sweden or Poland but cheer on which ever team the odd token brit pops up in.

Everything in Poland is gear for the max. Crowds, music, mic man, advertising, start girls wriggling and blowing kisses to the camera.

Well worth watching.

You won't get tear gassed at a speedway meeting in the UK either unlike Poland!! ;)