British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IAN2

Iwade Crusaders, Yes Or No

Despite the wonderful Speedway Star stating that Iwade will be entering into the Southern Development League ' at a later date' little has happened and without doubt the behind the scenes dispute between the SCB and Mr Arnold continues to the detriment of the sport. This cannot go on with a very well established training track for evermore. I have got a lot of time for Laurence Rogers and applaud his efforts for trying to establish the league in the South but this situation is not helping in any way shape or form. SCB get your act together and fast.

What is the dispute mate? Other tracks don't seem to have the same issues or do they? Shame really speedway needs training facilities.

Is Iwade not operating anymore? Last I heard they were going to operate on a different licence to get away from the petty red tape of the SCB.

What is the dispute mate? Other tracks don't seem to have the same issues or do they? Shame really speedway needs training facilities.

It could be an insurance issue.

Without doubt it is an insurance issue as the SCB use Doodsons as their approved Brokers and not the MCF as used by Sittingbourne ( Iwade). Little doubt the MCF does not meet approval with the SCB even though cover is equal too that from Doodsons and at a cheaper premium. I believe strings are still being pulled within the SCB to make things not happen at Iwade, this has been proved by Officials licences not being approved at the seminar at the meeting at Paradise park in February and cheque for payment of said Licenses not being cashed by the SCB.

Little doubt this will rumble on to the point where Iwade will not be running in the League.

Oh yes can anybody remember the Speedway Control Board and why suddenly it became the Bureau, it was a riders Insurance dispute that nearly went legal. I expect the ACU to alter more next winter and hopefully for the better.

Without doubt it is an insurance issue as the SCB use Doodsons as their approved Brokers and not the MCF as used by Sittingbourne ( Iwade). Little doubt the MCF does not meet approval with the SCB even though cover is equal too that from Doodsons and at a cheaper premium. I believe strings are still being pulled within the SCB to make things not happen at Iwade, this has been proved by Officials licences not being approved at the seminar at the meeting at Paradise park in February and cheque for payment of said Licenses not being cashed by the SCB.

Little doubt this will rumble on to the point where Iwade will not be running in the League.

Oh yes can anybody remember the Speedway Control Board and why suddenly it became the Bureau, it was a riders Insurance dispute that nearly went legal. I expect the ACU to alter more next winter and hopefully for the better.

I wonder if the proximity of Iwade/Sittingburne to Kent Kings at Central Park, Sittingbourne, might - and I have no knowledge just guesswork on my part - to their problem? Isn't there a regulation in regard to how far apart tracks should be?

Edited by Guest

I wonder if the proximity of Iwade/Sittingburne to Kent Kings at Central Park, Sittingbourne, might - and I have no knowledge just guesswork on my part - to their problem? Isn't there a regulation in regard to how far apart tracks should be?

No Len Silver is all for it and was trying to resolve the situation as He only stands to gain with more riders coming through for His NL side.

• Like 1

Iwade has just turned into lydd, but with an air fence. A shame, because both tracks are great training venues for young riders. Both are unappreciated by the powers that be.

Iwade has just turned into lydd, but with an air fence. A shame, because both tracks are great training venues for young riders. Both are unappreciated by the powers that be.

And why has Iwade turned into Lydd?

Both venues seem to be Frowned upon by the authorities. When was the last licenced meeting held at Iwade, the air fence is in place now isn't it.

Both venues seem to be Frowned upon by the authorities. When was the last licenced meeting held at Iwade, the air fence is in place now isn't it.

Licenced by who?

What are the CORRECT address details for these two Kent training tracks please? How far apart are they (1) from each other and (2) in relation to Kent Kings.

Edited by Guest