British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Rye House Rockets 10/5/17

Well next Wednesday sees the visit of the Rockets to Wimborne Road for the first time in 27 years I believe.

The Pirates lost up at Hoddesdon by 5 largely thanks to gaining an 8-1 to get back into the meeting and some determined riding in heat 15.

Poole will need to get back to winning ways after last week's home defeat to the Swindon Robins. The concern at the moment is the form of Krzysztof Kasprzak who clearly is well of the pace and is a pale shadow of the rider the Pirates fans are used to seeing.

Not sure if Kyle Newman will replace Lewis Kerr next week but the whole team need to step up and claim 3 points.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shaleshifter

Potential banana skin, 4 out of their top 5 can be really good at Poole. Not sure what Ellis Perks will be like.

Also did Rye House not come to Poole in the NL when we had BB meetings?

• Like 1

Potential banana skin, 4 out of their top 5 can be really good at Poole. Not sure what Ellis Perks will be like.

Think i would have to agree with this. We will need to be on our game. from 1-7

Ellis Perks competed in the U-21 Final last week, got 3,1,3,3,2 and fell when 2nd in the SF

Beware...

superb in the under 21 final could easily pick up points on weds I wonder if Matt thought of using him this season as he is a poole asset
  • Like 1

Saw Ellis at Somerset last night and I was impressed, think the lad will be a good rider in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

Saw Ellis at Somerset last night and I was impressed, think the lad will be a good rider in the not too distant future.

I thought the same. He was pretty garbage for Plymouth last season but has come on leaps and bounds from what I saw last night. Has been banging in some good scores this year too.

• Like 1

Perks is a much improved rider bit of an handful seems to be able to pop out of the gate and hold his own, this looks an intriguing fixture and if Kennett shows his usual Poole form and gets backed up by Harris and Nicholls and throw in Wells who is gating like a man possessed then things could be quite tight, guess R/R for Robson? If so busy night ahead for Rye reserves

Edited by hagonshocker

Perks is a much improved rider bit of an handful seems to be able to pop out of the gate and hold his own, this looks an intriguing fixture and if Kennett shows his usual Poole form and gets backed up by Harris and Nicholls and throw in Wells who is gating like a man possessed then things could be quite tight, guess R/R for Robson? If so busy night ahead for Rye reserves

Why RR for Robson?

Why RR for Robson?

Went to hospital after Sheffield on Thursday? But not heard anything since, possibly that?

Can't remember the last time Pirates lost consecutive home league meetings so with the weather forecast suggesting a warm dry day and therefore a slick, dusty track, I'm going for a 49-41 Pirates win.

Edited by Skidder1

Went to hospital after Sheffield on Thursday? But not heard anything since, possibly that?

OK thanks

Nothing on Rye's official site.

Hope the home promotion take the opportunity to present the 2016 Blue Riband trophies to Eddie, Scott and Bomber that you will recall went missing last October.