British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Leicester 10/05/17

I will try and be constructive here.

Would it be possible for the after meeting press conferences to be periscoped or if that might hit bar revenue (which I understand) film it and put it online the day or even 2 days later.

There have been several comments from folk who cannot stay due to work ,early starts, kids etc. This would allow them to feel part o it.

It was filmed actually, dunno what they will do with the footage, perhaps for the end of season dvd? That's something we are planning hopefully, to have a dvd night at the end of the season

It was filmed actually, dunno what they will do with the footage, perhaps for the end of season dvd? That's something we are planning hopefully, to have a dvd night at the end of the season

Would have thought it would be a bit out of date by then

Trees, how about a quick up date on what Dale had to say ?

If they put it online you would be able to find out and not be reliant on people who can stay until stupid o'clock and who are prepared to divulge such secret information :P:D:rofl:

• Like 2

Would have thought it would be a bit out of date by then

If they put it online you would be able to find out and not be reliant on people who can stay until stupid o'clock and who are prepared to divulge such secret information :P:D:rofl:

Yeah, you had to be there and forgo ya early night :D #evillook #smug

An end of season dvd shows how the season panned out, the press conferences are part of it ...

The riders walked through the crowd at the end of the parade which is a great opportunity for fans to talk to them, congratulate them, commiserate with them, have photos with them etc and all helps with the fan/rider/club togetherness

• Like 2

By the way Trees,how long after the speedway meeting does the after meeting press conference roughly start.

By the way Trees,how long after the speedway meeting does the after meeting press conference roughly start.

Straight away really, Gav, Dale and whoever the rider/riders are make their way in the bar from the parade (was just Dale from the pits when we lost ) ....

Yeah, you had to be there and forgo ya early night :D #evillook #smug

An end of season dvd shows how the season panned out, the press conferences are part of it ...

The riders walked through the crowd at the end of the parade which is a great opportunity for fans to talk to them, congratulate them, commiserate with them, have photos with them etc and all helps with the fan/rider/club togetherness

I thought Star Lady was very diplomatic in trying to get you to see that there is no need to act like a school child but guess you are what you are.

I am hopeful either the club will release the footage on the official website in the next 24 hours or a courteous supporter who cares about others will let the fans who were unable to attend for legitimate reasons know what was said.

Edited by jchapman

Sadly I live a good 90 mins away from Saddlebow now and have to be up at 5.30 so cannot really stay behind after the meet. Would really appreciate an update Trees, on anything interesting that Dale and/or Robert had to say... Thanks

Straight away really, Gav, Dale and whoever the rider/riders are make their way in the bar from the parade (was just Dale from the pits when we lost ) ....

That's good,i may attend some.All this beauty sleep i've been trying to get over the years hasn't worked so an extra 15 minutes less sleep won't hurt.

• Like 1

Sadly I live a good 90 mins away from Saddlebow now and have to be up at 5.30 so cannot really stay behind after the meet. Would really appreciate an update Trees, on anything interesting that Dale and/or Robert had to say... Thanks

I wish you luck Semion, clearly this is a person who believes the club should be run in a cloak and dagger manor. Best to hope that a sensible supporter who strives for openness and transparency posts a report.

ps I would especially expect more from someone who is meant to be running the 'supporters club'

• Like 2

Main reason for our comeback last night was our much improved gating after the interval. did Dale Allitt wave a magic wand?? :t:

Agree re- Josh Bailey ... he tries hard but is way out of depth :( - we have one great reserve in Kai but we need 2 like most other teams have!

Rest of the team no complaints though (except their gating ofc .... :o

Agree re- Josh Bailey ... he tries hard but is way out of depth :( - we have one great reserve in Kai but we need 2 like most other teams have!

Rest of the team no complaints though (except their gating ofc .... :o

Smith 2.61

Ayres 4.00

Shanes 2.40

Perks 4.00

Graversen 3.47

Waj 3.20 (+3 other riders on 3.xx averages)

Greaves 2.45

(Bailey 1.56)

I don't think it's unfair to say that Bailey is struggling compared to the other number sevens listed, but he's not that far off several of them. One decent score and his average will be comparable to Shanes, Greaves, etc.

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 1

At the Interval Robert lambert ran across the centrecreate to Buster in his Tractor. quick word, lambert back to the pits, Buster on his merry way around the track. Being Captain maybe the lad was asking, on behalf of the team if he could change something ? Just a thought.

JC I don't quite get it... I don't see the supporters Club being ran as a cloak n dagger operation. I would hope they are there to embrace the fan base at Lynn and offer support and help when and where they can. Im sure Trees will give us a quick run down on what was said last night, when she has the time.

Smith 2.61

Ayres 4.00

Shanes 2.40

Perks 4.00

Graversen 3.47

Waj 3.20 (+3 other riders on 3.xx averages)

Greaves 2.45

(Bailey 1.56)

I don't think it's unfair to say that Bailey is struggling compared to the other number sevens listed, but he's not that far off several of them. One decent score and his average will be comparable to Shanes, Greaves, etc.

Mungo, I don't think this paints the full picture, necessarily, I wonder how many of Josh's points have been 'gifted' as in the one he scored last night.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/holder-hits-double-figures-as-stars-beat-leicester-but-says-there-is-more-to-come-1-5012598

Todays EDP...Holder still not happy but its coming.

I wonder if Holder was to win another World Championship would people starting calling the lead singer of Slade, Chris ? lol

Belle Vue show their after meeting press conference live on their Facebook page. It means that fans like me who have a long journey home or, those who don't want to stay for whatever reasons can watch it whenever we choose. It costs nothing to film and is good PR.

• Like 2

It was good match with several ( five ) exciting races, including Lambert's top drawer efforts ( How lucky we are to still have him!) Holder is still at only about 70% of his ability but last night gave hope that there truly is "more to come". He still needs to win over the fans I feel. Bailey is out of his depth and needs to stand down for now while he makes more career progress in the Championship and NL. A well run meeting even allowing fro the sun break. Keep it up - the crisp running of the match whenever possible.

• Like 1