British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Leicester 10/05/17

Mungo, I don't think this paints the full picture, necessarily, I wonder how many of Josh's points have been 'gifted' as in the one he scored last night.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/holder-hits-double-figures-as-stars-beat-leicester-but-says-there-is-more-to-come-1-5012598

Todays EDP...Holder still not happy but its coming.

I wonder if Holder was to win another World Championship would people starting calling the lead singer of Slade, Chris ? lol

Having looked at the updates it looks as though Josh has been gifted all of his points bar the 2 he scored against Belle Vue.I wasn't at that match so cant say for sure.But all of his other points have been scored against riders who have fallen,retired or have been excluded.

• Like 1

I thought it was a good meeting, some great racing Lambert was simply awesome. Glad the ref was quick on the two minutes, kept the meeting ticking along at a good pace. Holder looked back on the gas not quite up to speed as he was continually looking behind but very pleased to see him back in double figures!

The turn around from the interval was as though they had a quick lesson in gating though gate 4 was worth a 15 metre head start. Not sure how Gomolski wasn't excluded in heat 15 after riding over the centre grey

Did make me laugh when Gav Caney started with his Delia rant which ended with I bloody hope so think he said what we were all thinking!

Leicester fans great support, loud, cheering and their team certainly gave us a scare!

As a thought is it now worth during summer months worth starting at 8pm? We all knew we were going to have a delay due to the sun, and the meeting rattled through just food for thought? Yes I know people work early I myself started 0422 this morning but still got back my normal time home.

Great meeting hopefully more of the same v Swindon please 👍🏻

I don't go to press conference after meeting as its a long drive home. I would like to know what was said but if Trees doesn't want to spill the beans its up to her.

I thought Star Lady was very diplomatic in trying to get you to see that there is no need to act like a school child but guess you are what you are.

I am hopeful either the club will release the footage on the official website in the next 24 hours or a courteous supporter who cares about others will let the fans who were unable to attend for legitimate reasons know what was said.

You don't know me very well Jonathan, SL does, she will know, as Semion does, that I was on a wind up lol lol

I'm on my half hour break at work at the moment but will give a precis later of what was said....

I really don't give a tinkers cuss what was said, I was merely trying to suggest something to help folk like semion and also benefit the club. Believe it or not I do still care about Lynn speedway I just don't like its present incarnation.

I obviously don't know you as well as you think Trees, cos I did not think wind up....sorry.

I really don't give a tinkers cuss what was said, I was merely trying to suggest something to help folk like semion and also benefit the club. Believe it or not I do still care about Lynn speedway I just don't like its present incarnation.

I obviously don't know you as well as you think Trees, cos I did not think wind up....sorry.

I am surprised but actually I did give you a straight forward answer re your question about the press conference and I guess I could ask on your behalf if they would consider putting them on the website, or at least part of them... no harm and may help with fan/management relations.... Edited by Trees

Gomolski rode on center concrete on his way to tapes for heat 15. When Dale complained to referee the referee said he didn't see it. Where the hell was he looking?

Gomolski rode on center concrete on his way to tapes for heat 15. When Dale complained to referee the referee said he didn't see it. Where the hell was he looking?

We can only surmise, picking up his pen maybe?

I don't know about that SL.You seem to still have views on the Stars and follow them,even if your not a regular.I think you would love to view the vid if it was available

Into his programme apparently.

Even when Leicester were 8 points in front I could only see a victory for the Stars based on the extremely favourable gate positions coming their way (gate 4 was almost a dead cert for 3 points) as well as two races featuring both Holder and Lambert.

Even when Leicester were 8 points in front I could only see a victory for the Stars based on the extremely favourable gate positions coming their way (gate 4 was almost a dead cert for 3 points) as well as two races featuring both Holder and Lambert.

With hind sight, it is possible to see some wonderful and unbelievable scenarios. At the interval, I sat talking with a Lions supporter and said that they were sitting pretty. Knowing we had Lambert and Holder in most races, I wasn't confident of the other riders doing their part..... But that heat 11 was of paramount importance, Remembering Huckenbeck hadn't scored a point at this stage, so had he lost that ht 11 the Lions would surely have won.

At the interval we were 8 points adrift of a Lions side that had ridden well. Their whole side had contributed to their useful lead. Probably had Nilsen performed as expected the match may have been over by that time. Their 2 consecutive 5-1's before the interval warranted applause. At that point we were up against it. In that first half we were woeful and only Lambert and Holder come out of it with any credit.

Thankfully, Huckenbeck came to the party with 3 immaculate rides. and we were able to rescue a dire situation. I won't accept it was foreseeable with the way our team had ridden. Yes I accept gate 4 was a favourable start, but they still have do the business, and after watching that first half display I had my doubts....

I think Danny King deserves a mention. The Lions Captain led by example. Battled with Lambert every step of the way, was the only rider to beat Holder and his team riding in heat 9 was sublime....

Heats 13 & 15 were great speedway between Lambert and King, throwing their bikes at each other but leaving room and showing respect.

• Like 1

Danny King sure had a decent night. I wonder though would the result have been somewhat different if he hadn't of been thrown out for jumping the start twice... 2 Points there Could have made all the difference. Then again if my auntie had balls she would have been my Uncle. Fine margins.

So what was said, Gav spoke to Robert first, he asked some searching questions about the night and the team's performance. Robert said the team felt confident of doing the business in the 2nd half of the mtg because of having 2/4 gates. He said Huckenbeck's PJR engine was too strong but he used his 2nd bike after the interval and Robert was confident he would do the biz on that and he did of course. Robert had shared his set ups during the night but the guys had all done what he was gonna do anyway so it shows they all think along the same lines 😊 Gav asked Rob just how he does what he does, he said he's been working on his gating but he just rides the track, knows where the dirt is and that's it. He was delighted to have won the British Under 21 at last. He then left to a round of very warm applause and a few handshakes.

Onto Dale who again reiterated how important the gates were on the night, he was chuffed with Holder's form (how good was Holder were his words). He did say that they must address the gates and track to give the guys a better stage to perform on which was an interesting comment. He said he's concerned about Josh, knows he's struggling but because there is nobody stronger out there to replace him they will carry on encouraging and supporting him. He said he expects the guys at 1,5 and 6 in the team to be the consistent ones and to get the majority of the points because he knows the rest will have their good and off nights. One guy piped up that Dale would still get a blasting off the people on here and a Leicester fan then said come to Leicester we'll welcome you with open arms! When questions were asked from the floor only one guy asked when the averages were changing and Dale said early June, he also said that rules/regs aren't easy to keep up with as things keep changing.... Think that was just about it, Dale also got a warm round of applause.

So nothing that perhaps you haven't read or heard since the meeting but just a real nice way of hearing about the meeting from the horses mouths basically and I think a good addition to the night.

Edited by Trees
  • Like 3