Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Leicester 10/05/17

No complaints from me. Decent meeting . Good result. Well done o Dale Allit his team talk certainly done the trick.

Decent meeting in the end certain riders was poor up till the interval I can only guess a bollocking was Allits team talk but it certainly worked along with us getting gate 4 which was a massive advantage . Sadly I stick with what I've said since Allit was announced as team manager he's still the wrong man for the job .

Much better racing this week. Leicester deserved their point. Still think we are a couple of riders short of being a decent side.

Lambert absolutely sublime, denied a max by a fag paper.

• Like 2

Have Stars rode enough matches to make team change? Poor Josh Bailey tries his heart out for little or no reward.

Lambert getting a max or nor getting a max hardly mattered. The guy was Mr Entertainment. His attitude of never being beaten is to be applauded. A same a few more didn't show the same appetite to entertain. For me it was Huckenbeck's arrival after the interval that swung it for Lynn. Good to see Holder getting a good few points, but he really didn't look that quick. He won heat 1 in the same time as Josh Bates won heat 2. Still last nights result is something to build on. Tougher challenges to come though. have to feel for young Bailey, Is this League really doing him any favours at this stage of his development ?

Sure was a strange meeting that turned out alright in the end. Was well pleased to see Chris Holder dialled in show the pedigree he processes. Robert Lambert was immense, but each of the others blew both hot and cold and I along with many others thought at the interval are chances of victory were slim . But, the obvious kick up the arse worked wonders. Huckenbeck then came to the party with 8+1 from his 3 rides, which turned the table in the Stars favour...... The lack of consistency was a big factor why the stars trailed by 8 at the interval. We provided 8 last places in the first 10 heats. That can't be good for team morale... I still feel we are some way short of a team with enough potential to challenge for honours. To do that we need riders who can be relied upon to deliver on a regular basic and not when the mood takes them. Whatever involvement Dale had in the motivation of the second half recovery I say Well Done to him.... But I don't , at this stage, feel confident of the connection between him and the motivation of the riders. No doubt time will tell whether he succeeds or not....

There were some pluses last night, the referee done well with his hurried use of the 2min buzzer, that was appreciated, although he missed Gomolski riding on the centre green later on.., The track was better than usual, Lambert proved it could be raced on if you put the effort in. Gate 4 was a massive advantage, and provided most of the winners.... After a sunny day it was nice to get a decent meeting in after a 3 week break.....

Was a decent meeting but still don't think Dale Allit is the right person to be team manager of the stars (that's my view) josh is still a big worry for me we are carrying him which we can't afford to do. The speed lambert generates around the track is a joy to watch 👍

• Like 1

Did anyone stay and hear what Dale had to say in the bar after the meeting ?

Good result for the Stars, let's hope this is a turning point in the season. Josh Bailey certainly needs replacing by all accounts, can only be detrimental to him and risky for the team.

• Like 1

Yep there were probs 40, was Dale and Robert. You all had the chance to probe Dale too, he took questions from the fans.

Definitely a meeting of 2 halves.

If we're perfectly honest, in terms of racing neither half was that great.

What made the 2nd half exciting was the unexpected turn around, totally different team.

1st half was same old story of 2017.

2nd half was a glimpse of the team I expected to see at the start of the season.

Long may that 2nd half performance continues​.

There don't seem to be much pleasing you at the moment Danny.

I love to see my team win first of all,like 95% of the fans are if they are to be honest.The way i see it last night the better racing was up until the interval,there were some good close races,Rose in ht 1 until he retired,Huck until he fell,Batch and Nilsson ht 5 don't know how many times they seemed to clash with each other.Holder team riding Rose ht 6,ht 7 that awesome ride by Lambert.The problem is alot of people seem to forget this because the team were getting hammered at the time.

Most people seem to remember the 2nd half for a better performance and racing as we completely turned it around.But the racing wasn't as good,but i to loved it because we were winning.We gated better and the Leicester riders never got anywhere near in the 2nd half.The exception being ht 13 with another great race involving Lambert and King.To me you don't always need overtaking to constitute a good meeting.

Loved watching Ayre's with his celebrations,let's hope we can get more characters in the sport like him and maybe the crowd will get a bit more involved.Nigel Pearson hits the nail on the head with his bit in the programme.

Also like Gavin on the mic,you can tell he is a fan first and foremost and is really trying to get the fans involved.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

Yep there were probs 40, was Dale and Robert. You all had the chance to probe Dale too, he took questions from the fans.

I will try and be constructive here.

Would it be possible for the after meeting press conferences to be periscoped or if that might hit bar revenue (which I understand) film it and put it online the day or even 2 days later.

There have been several comments from folk who cannot stay due to work ,early starts, kids etc. This would allow them to feel part of it.

Thought it strange last night while looking at the updates site that Riss was left in heat 14 .

Replaced Ayers 6+2 from 3 rides with Bates 8+1 from5 and left Riss in who had only score 4+2 from 3 rides . Put Bates in yes agree with that but leave Ayers in and take out Riss .

I'm no team manger and wasn't there so there may have been another issue .