British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kermitfrog

Scotland's B Team Vs Scotland's A Team

Not much home advantage tonight!

Haha. You could have a point there me old fruit. :t:

• Like 1

Cleggs coat must be on a shoogly nail.

He will be dropping to reserve so i would imagine Edinburgh will stick with him.

He is clearly struggling but they will hope once he drops to reserve his point scoring will improve.

• Like 2

.....not for the first time

• Like 1

He will be dropping to reserve so i would imagine Edinburgh will stick with him.

He is clearly struggling but they will hope once he drops to reserve his point scoring will improve.

Possibly ,finding a replacement is difficult these days.

Liam Carr would be a better shout once Riss M moves up.

Back from a very enjoyable meeting. A few passes but it was the close scoreline that kept it entertaining.

Would guess most tigers fans would have hoped for at least a point but could feel a little unlucky not to get the win. But then again Monarchs could be said to be a little unlucky so a draw a fair result IMO.

If we had M Riss in the team and clegg at reserve we would have lost. For me its time to seriously consider replacing Clegg (is Carr an improvement??). Would guess we will stick with him at reserve see if he starts to score.

Finally I like the rivalry between both fans but some can go over the top. Both sets of fans equality guilty of taking it too far. Glasgow fans screaming and swearing like they won the league and Edinburgh acting like iv just slapped their granny. Cmon get a grip people not the end (or start) of the world. Maybe im just a wee softy.

Thankfully had a lovely older group (of tigers) in front of me who gave my son a pound coin after he fell over and cut his hand while he was prancing around the railings.

Edited by Cj69
  • Like 6

Back from a very enjoyable meeting. A few passes but it was the close scoreline that kept it entertaining.

Thankfully had a lovely older group (of tigers) in front of me who gave my son a pound coin after he fell over and cut his hand while he prancing around the railings.

:o:)

You can't win expect to win against the Tiggers when you throw points away left, right and centre as Edinburgh did tonight.

First Pickering threw away a point in heat 1 by falling then he failed to beat Jack Smith in heat 6. Clegg continues to look bereft of any idea of how to beat anyone and it's now imperative a replacement is sorted out for him. Wells went from champ to chump, and Davey continues to do the bare minimum without ever excelling. And I'd also question the fact that Mark Riss only had 6 rides. The way he was used wasn't exactly sensible, keeping the first half of the meeting so empty of his rides. Was it sensible to use the crap gating Pickering in heat 10? I'd have used Riss there, as he'd likely have outgated one or both of the Tiggers.

Had Monarchs ridden to the top of their game and used their reserve to his full capacity I'd have thought we should have won by at least 4-6 and probably by enough to secure all 3 points.

No doubt who the happier team will be tonight.

Edited by stewmac

You can't win expect to win against the Tiggers when you throw points away left, right and centre as Edinburgh did tonight.

First Pickering threw away a point in heat 1 by falling then he failed to beat Jack Smith in heat 6. Clegg continues to look bereft of any idea of how to beat anyone and it's now imperative a replacement is sorted out for him. Wells went from champ to chump, and Davey continues to do the bare minimum without ever excelling. And I'd also question the fact that Mark Riss only had 6 rides. The way he was used wasn't exactly sensible, keeping the first half of the meeting so empty of his rides. Was it sensible to use the crap gating Pickering in heat 10? I'd have used Riss there, as he'd likely have outgated one or both of the Tiggers.

Had Monarchs ridden to the top of their game and used their reserve to his full capacity I'd have thought we should have won by at least 4-6 and probably by enough to secure all 3 points.

If you had won by 4-6 you would still have got 3 points regardless.

Good to see you are taking it well never mind always the next time eh.

Edited by Gazc

You forgot to mention Wells staying down to get the race stopped in heat 13 when we gated on a 5-1 , and as usual when these things happen , it becomes a 3-3 in the rerun , so that negates some of the points Edinburgh lost .

But it was an enthralling encounter , with great performances on both sides . Big crowd on a chilly night , but both sets of fans seemed relatively happy in the bar afterwards . A pleasant beer was enjoyed in the company of Davy H and Alan from the Emmerdales . A better result for us rather than them , but I can't see either of our two clubs not being involved in the end of season play offs

• Like 1

Was great to meet up with Paulco again, sorry, should have bought your drinks after your moral victory. I believe Mr Wells wasn't looking to see the positions in heat 13, he had some shale in his eye honest!! Very ironic that we were complaining about the track being so dry, it will pee down all week now!. Monarchs certainly dropped some silly points but with so few last places Tigers certainly deserved the draw. Big worry now with Clegg at reserve but it can go both ways, win heat 2, get confidence back and upwards, but if not who can replace him?

• Like 2

Very enjoyable evening. Was a draw a fair result? Probably. I'd have been happy if offered it before the meeting.

Only black spot was Ricky Wells disgraceful gamesmanship, the worst I have seen in all my years attending speedway. He brought shame on himself, his family, New Zealand, America, and indeed the entire human race. I thought the guy behind me was having a seizure, and he was a Monarch.

Very enjoyable evening. Was a draw a fair result? Probably. I'd have been happy if offered it before the meeting.

Only black spot was Ricky Wells disgraceful gamesmanship, the worst I have seen in all my years attending speedway. He brought shame on himself, his family, New Zealand, America, and indeed the entire human race. I thought the guy behind me was having a seizure, and he was a Monarch.

You're quite right, it has never happened before in the history of speedway!!! lol

• Like 2

Wow, feel the tension last night as both sets of fans went thro' squeaky bum time race after race but IMO a draw was a fair result. That pass from Sam in ht 15 obviously my highlight

• Like 1

You should listen to your own team managers thoughts on that one on the EMTV Friday focus. He basically says he would have expected his own rider to do the same thing.

Decent meeting and an exceptional pass from Sam to get us the point. A night to forget for a couple of our boys and our own mistakes cost us the win. But fair play to Glasgow all 7 riders had at least one good race and when it came to the crunch Dan Bewley and Aaron summers won the 2 races at the end. So probably deserved the draw.

• Like 1