British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kermitfrog

Scotland's B Team Vs Scotland's A Team

Seems they deserved more than 2 points from last night given the professional foul that allegedly happened in Heat 13, eh?

All the best

Rob

Pickering fell when on a 4-2 in heat 1. Wells chain came off at the start in his 3rd ride after winning his first 2 easily. The result could of went either way.

Glasgow fans moaning about cheating in a derby match at Armadale. The irony.....

I don't think allthegearbutnaeidea is a Glasgow fan

I'm not but Edinburgh fans are playing the pity card for an engine failure when they also cheated to get a re-run...

I'm not but Edinburgh fans are playing the pity card for an engine failure when they also cheated to get a re-run...

Every team does it. Making a big deal out of nothing.

It's not nothing, it's cheating. You are right, every team has done it at one time or another which is why it needs sorting.

There is no pity for an engine failure it is just part of the sport, it's disappointing but you accept it.

In the same way as the rerun it is part of the sport, they are not the same as each other but that is the rules so just get on with it. I'm sure Ricky got fined for it so there was a punishment but you cannot award a race after 2 bends.

The idea of a staggered start for reruns is an interesting one.

JanAnderson wrong again well who would have thought that.

Seems they deserved more than 2 points from last night given the professional foul that allegedly happened in Heat 13, eh?

All the best

Rob

The problem is that you cannot guarantee the last 2 heats would have finished the same if Glasgow got a 5-1 in ht13, for example Sam probably wouldn't have picked gate 1 in heat 15. Picking gate 1 was one of the reasons for the 2-4 he only picked it because of his performance in the rerun.

Works both ways Glasgow could have gone on and won by more than 6 but bottom line is that you can't just change the result of one race in the past. In the same way if Ricky didn't drop his chain and we got a 5-1 in heat 11 you cannot guarantee we would have went on to win the match.

• Like 2

Keeps the pot boiling , canny beat a bit of healthy needle especially with our two clubs up near the top .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

JanAnderson wrong again well who would have thought that.

I just saw the whining and naturally assumed Glasgow. Apologies to all concerned.

• Like 1

I think others may have had a "sun-off".

Or a "lights off"? ;)

• Like 1