British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon Sprockets - Plymouth Devils 11.5.17

Many thanks, you saved us having to go all the way to the stadium, we turned around as soon as we left the M4, gutted !!!!

That was ok, I try to keep fans updated where I can.

Have just sent you a pm

Very very surprised it was off, we had probably a fourty minute downpour and that was it then it started drying again.Looking at the track on Twitter it looked like you could of got it raceable gutted really i was looking forward to it.

Very very surprised it was off, we had probably a fourty minute downpour and that was it then it started drying again.Looking at the track on Twitter it looked like you could of got it raceable gutted really i was looking forward to it.

Good decision though Sidney as it pi##ed down at 8

It's an interesting one. So the team would be fine if declared at the start of the season in the NL or trophy, but is illegal due to riders increasing their averages through the season?

So the alternative is that other NL Trophy teams can have riders improving throughout to a league average (usually higher than 39) but Swindon should be capped at a starting average each time they race?

You are completely overlooking that whereas the other teams made their declarations before the season started Swindon declared after most riders had ridden several meetings and shown their current ability not just last years average. Culpitt is a classic example. In Birminghams 5 meetings he has an equivalent to GSA of 6.66 but Swindon have him on a 3. Without working out all their individual meetings you can bet that all the Swindon Select are riding above their starting averages, nicely hand picked. IOW and Plymouth never had a chance and unless there is some misfortune I doubt whether Mildenhall will have in the final either.

When it was accepted the Swindon would have the pick of non participating teams they should have been told that they must declare before March to keep an even playing field. They could also have been given the opportunity to name a like for like replacement at Heat Leader, 2nd string and reserve who would come in for any injured or double up rider when unavailable.

Far from being prejudiced Swindon have been handed it on a plate, I suspect to try and encourage support andas I believe Rossco put it, prove the NL is viable for the NL next year.

Swindon just should have to use current averages to replace riders from their declared intended 1-7. Which is exactly how the guest system works for everyone else! Rather than Ayres (9.00) being able to replace Zach (8.59) just because Ayres' starting average was smaller (8.56), for example.

Edited by Islander15