British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon Sprockets - Plymouth Devils 11.5.17

This is a National Trophy meeting on thurs.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2865

This is the second meeting for the Sprockets in this competition and if it is anything like the one at the IOW last week will be well worth going to.

Danny Ayres rides for the Sprockets, definitely value for money, 100% entertainment

• Like 2

Danny Ayres rides for the Sprockets, definitely value for money, 100% entertainment

When he rode in the Sprockets - Coventry meeting he was brilliant and was very entertaining as he scored a 15 point max for us. I thought he might be in the team as Zach is riding for Lakeside that night so it should be a cracking meeting seeing him and the rest of the Sprockets.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Think you will be a bit disappointed. Swindon Select are far too strong for Plymouth probably a poor advert for the NL.

Think you will be a bit disappointed. Swindon Select are far too strong for Plymouth probably a poor advert for the NL.

Hope that is not the case as initially looking to see riders we rarely and in many cases never see before.

Also I am wondering if the fans do turn out for this that the management might then think of putting out a team for the league next year which can only be good.

The National Trophy final will be a good spectacle though. I bet most of the Mildenhall riders won't have ridden the place before!

Really looking forward to it, and Ayres is great value i am really looking forward to seeing Atkins/Hampshire.Boxall for me is still a Champs rider and his battles with Ayres should be good also great to see Lee Smart from a great speedway family back.

• Like 2

The National Trophy final will be a good spectacle though. I bet most of the Mildenhall riders won't have ridden the place before!

You would think Mildenhall would be through, but if they lose by more than 6 at Kent with both the Kent Eastie matches to be played after, could still be one of the three. So many surprising results this year who knows!

Edited by gazzac

When he rode in the Sprockets - Coventry meeting he was brilliant and was very entertaining as he scored a 15 point max for us. I thought he might be in the team as BWD is riding for Lakeside that night so it should be a cracking meeting seeing him and the rest of the Sprockets.

BWD?! Zach lol

BWD?! Zach lol

Oh dear got that wrong, I keep getting those two mixed up.

Edited by A ORLOV

You would think Mildenhall would be through, but if they lose by more than 6 at Kent with both the Kent Eastie matches to be played after, could still be one of the three. So many surprising results this year who knows!

With no Jenkins for Mildenhall that significantly weakens the home side, but kent will struggle to cover for the flying Hopwood so Sunday is something of an unknown tbh.

I don't know much about National League riders but I am suprised by the comments Swindon will be far too strong for Plymouth. Both teams beat IoW by the same score 43-47 us in the Trophy and Plymouth in the KOC. Boxall and Compton look like a good top two. Smart knows his way around the abbey. Walker was highly competitive in last years match v Coventry nearly beating Ritchings and Atkins won a heat with a exciting ride around the air fence for 4 laps.

So think match should be a good one.

Only problem I have is getting there from a parents evening. So does anyone know when the turnstiles close or is there a late entry gate?

I agree. Anyone bothered to look at the greensheets for next week?

Swindon hand picked sprockets 55

Plymouth Devils 35

If you hand pick your team with the best riders available and expect a fair contest then you will be disappointed. It makes a mockery of this competition.

I agree. Anyone bothered to look at the greensheets for next week?

Swindon hand picked sprockets 55

Plymouth Devils 35

If you hand pick your team with the best riders available and expect a fair contest then you will be disappointed. It makes a mockery of this competition.

Fair point I hadn't seen the new averages.