British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Tai Woffinden Dumped (on) By The Scb / Bspa

To quote Tai Woffinden on Facebook:

"So i wasn't gonna post anything because ill probably get rubbish about it but i want you all to know in advance! I received a email from the BSPA last week asking if i will race in the world games my reply was!
YES I would like to race in the 2017 Speedway World Games in Wroclaw and think i will be able to organise a few practice days leading up to the event! I would also like to be involved in the choice of team mate to give us the best chance of winning a medal. Please let me know your plans asap so i can organise my team, flights and hotels ect! as you can imagine that week will be booking up fast and hotels could be a issue if not booked asap...

Thanks for the email & look forward to hearing back from you?!

I have been advised that i am not in the squad... this is a shame as its in Wroclaw my Polish home track that i have raced at for the last 5 years but this is not my choice and i wish whoever gets the opportunity much luck! Thanks to all my fans for your support!
"

So, that will cheer the Tai haters up and be in the best interests of British Speedway, won't it?

• Like 1

To quote Tai Woffinden on Facebook:

"So i wasn't gonna post anything because ill probably get rubbish about it but i want you all to know in advance! I received a email from the BSPA last week asking if i will race in the world games my reply was!

YES I would like to race in the 2017 Speedway World Games in Wroclaw and think i will be able to organise a few practice days leading up to the event! I would also like to be involved in the choice of team mate to give us the best chance of winning a medal. Please let me know your plans asap so i can organise my team, flights and hotels ect! as you can imagine that week will be booking up fast and hotels could be a issue if not booked asap...

Thanks for the email & look forward to hearing back from you?!

I have been advised that i am not in the squad... this is a shame as its in Wroclaw my Polish home track that i have raced at for the last 5 years but this is not my choice and i wish whoever gets the opportunity much luck! Thanks to all my fans for your support!"

So, that will cheer the Tai haters up and be in the best interests of British Speedway, won't it?

I'm not too fussed either way, but i can see how he must wind up the Bspa even just with the way he words things.

Within one breath of accepting their offer he stomps in saying he wants to be involved with the choice of team mate...i can imagine them sitting reading his email and thinking, oh screw this, he's trying to take over already..let's not bother.

• Like 9

Why ask if he wants to ride then not select him ? He is GB's best rider by a mile and we seem determined to exclude him. Very sad.

The sport keeps shooting itself in the foot unless part of the story remains unknown. I assume this is paid work and there is no mention of who gets paid and how much.

He may well be talented astride a speedway bike but his diplomacy skills need a lot of work

• Like 8

For me he has declared himself unavailable to represent GB so that means he is unavailible , you can't pick and choose when it suits and to dictate who he rides with is just pig headed

I don't agree with the wording of his email but they asked him to ride...
  • Like 1

I don't agree with the wording of his email but they asked him to ride...

I read it as they asked if he was available which was a reasonable enquiry given his refusal to ride for Team GB.

• Like 1

So he would race in this event but not in the SWC? He also wanted a say who his team mate is, we have people who are paid to make these decisions. Wouldnt be at all surprised if his email back wasn't exactly as he painted it either.

• Like 1

I read it as they asked if he was available which was a reasonable enquiry given his refusal to ride for Team GB.

Well his quote does say 'asked to ride' but I imagine it likely to have been to ask if available if selected. Either way it seems he's pretty much finished on the GB front for the time being, such a shame wherever the blame lies.

No big loss - wanted nothing to do with Team GB doesn't fancy the British Final last season or this season so why would the BSPA want him when it suits him ? Sooner he rides under the Australian banner the better .

Its a shame given the talent Tai has that he is such a moron. Everything is about Tai Woffinden, yes the BSPA are a shambles but yet again all about him. He made it more than clear he doesnt wish to have anything to do with GB so why does he then post drivel like this? He should just concentrate on his racing because he really does not endeavour himself to an awful lot of fans in this country with all the rubbish he comes out with off the track.

No big loss - wanted nothing to do with Team GB doesn't fancy the British Final last season or this season so why would the BSPA want him when it suits him ? Sooner he rides under the Australian banner the better .

I agree he shouldn't he be considered for any GB team until he states during the winter he wishes to ride for GB in the next season. To say he wouldn't be a loss to the country is about the most idiotic statement I have read on here ( and there's been quite a few ). Why should he race under the Australian flag when he carries a GB passport, is it because he has put his ambitions to be a multi-world champion ahead of the wishes of the BSPA ( an organisation whose members put their own agenda's ahead of the good of the sport in this country ). I presume that if he took out an Australian license that would make him a candidate for a team place at King's Lynn ( to replace your number 1 who is obviously lowering his average for a triumphant return to Poole next season ).

Woffinden shouldn't be anywhere near a berth in this competition. Its for riders who want to represent their country. He is probably pussed as its his own track but that is just tough. Give it to riders like Cook and Lambert. At least they ride here and seem to want to ride for teamgb. More than can be said of Woffinden. He even has the cheek to say who the other rider should be.

Woofy Woffy Woofy! Oik Oik Oik!

• Like 1

It has occured to me that a small side benefit is that Poland or whoever is promoting these World Games might now know something of how British speedway feels when riders are forced to miss British speedway because of their unilateral 3 teams rule.

In the words of Citizen Smith.......Power to the BSPA :t::t::t:

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

I thought he'd turned his back on Team GB this season making his thoughts quite clear previously, there must have been an ulterior motive for him to change his mind for this event - big sponsors in Wraclaw to keep happy perhaps??

• Like 1