British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Tai Woffinden Dumped (on) By The Scb / Bspa

Maybe Wroclaw is kebab free

Personally I could see a British combo of Woffinden and Schlein having a decent chance..

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 2

It's also the assumption he'd be picked which annoys me. He can't pick and choose when he wants to represent GB in team events. It's either all or none. Get Lambert and Cook out there they need this kind of experience.

• Like 1

IMO the message 'the great man' received from the BSPA was not a confirmation of his selection but a query, after all his previous attitude towards riding for his country, if he would be available for selection - no more than that.

Also worth noting the speedway event will be on 29th July. Rye House v Kings Lynn is on that day so no, Lambert, Bomber, Nicholls, Kennett. Workington also riding that date which rules out Cook and Leicester v Coventry the day before which could possibly rule out Danny King too. Unless of course the BSPA allow it with facilities for missing riders?

Edited by woz01

It sounds like the BSPA are sanctioning it (rightly so) so they should be able to cover. It has to be Cook and Lambert really.

It's baffling that they've asked him and then not picked him, availability query or not, if the bloke's available he's the best British rider by a country mile so if you ask him and he says he'll ride you have to pick him, it just looks now like they're messing with him, which is only going to damage that relationship further.

It could've gone two ways, if Tai and the BSPA had worked together to do this it might have resolved the SWC issue, which would be great for everyone. If Tai was only going to do this because it's in Wroclaw and a bit more high profile but still not ride in the SWC then I wouldn't have asked him in the first place, but I suspect this would've been a valuable bridge built in a dispute that is doing absolutely no-one any favours as it currently stands.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie
  • Like 1

Also worth noting the speedway event will be on 29th July. Rye House v Kings Lynn is on that day so no, Lambert, Bomber, Nicholls, Kennett. Workington also riding that date which rules out Cook and Leicester v Coventry the day before which could possibly rule out Danny King too. Unless of course the BSPA allow it with facilities for missing riders?

I believe this event is somekind of an official event (FIM related as they selected the nations), so this has higher priority then domestic leagues.

The World Games have been running every four years since 1981, as an international tournament for non-Olympic sports under the control of the International World Games Association. Other sports included are finswimming, korfball, dancing and bodybuilding. It's not exactly high-profile.

London hosted the second set of events in 1985 which also included a speedway pairs event, held at Wimbledon. London's the most high profile place to hold it so far, more recent cities being Cali in Colombia, Kaohsiung in Taiwan, and Duisburg in Germany.

Yes, that's why you've probably not heard of it before.......

Edited by rmc

He may well be talented astride a speedway bike but his diplomacy skills need a lot of work

I thought this was a selection for the best British speedway rider and not British PM.

• Like 1

As I have said previously, it is a glorified open meeting. I wouldn't have picked Tai Woffinden, as there is little to gain from taking part in the meeting apart from international experience. Select two riders needing international experience, as the result won't be remembered by anyone in the years to come.