British Speedway Forum

So very sad Bob passed away this morning while in respite care after spending a number of weeks there for some rest , he will be so sorely missed RIP mate never ever be forgotten

Very sad news, Bob was a highly entertaining announcer during my formative speedway years at Swindon. I met him just the once and he was most welcoming and good fun.

RIP Bob

• Like 1

Bob was a dear friend over the 40 odd years since I got to know him. Always great company, always full of gossip, great humour and yet never anything spiteful or hurtful. I valued our friendship, he was like myself, at our prime in teh heady days of 1970/1980's. Between us we did the presentation of John berry's final book at Ipswich something I still treasure, and something JB was delighted with...no greater praise in Bob's estimation.

I will miss those very amusing telephone calls, a man of quality, humour and yet shy and quite sensitive.

Miss ya Bobby, you were a class act on the mike...in your writings and most of all as a human being.

Rest with teh Angels old luv

Very sad news, Bob did so many Speedway things exceedingly well. He was an excellent journalist, superb announcer and a great team manager.

He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.

• Like 1

Very sad news, Bob did so many Speedway things exceedingly well. He was an excellent journalist, superb announcer and a great team manager.

I can only echo those words above

RIP Bob

Sad news indeed!

RIP

R.I.P. + Bob Radford.

Also the fount of knowledge on Norwegian speedway and the man principally responsible for bringing Per Jonsson and Jimmy Nilsen to Reading and Swindon respectively. [The SCB in their wisdom wouldn't issue work permits believing they weren't good enough]

Oh and a lovely person too.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 3

I'm sure all Newport speedway fans will feel the same as me, a cornerstone of the wasps during both their existences as manager then announcer and journalist

RIP Bob , best announcer for me ever, gone not forgotten

Couldn't have put it any better. RIP.

RIP Bob, a good very knowledgeable individual, I always found him friendly.