British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Redcar , Championship Sat 13th May 2017 At 7pm

So after a week's absence from Ashfield , we're back against the Bears . We're still without Nike and Redcar might have one or two injury worries of their own .

Ellis Perks took a knock at Poole's bumpy track the other night , and at Somerset last Friday I saw Charles Wright taking a nasty looking tumble which caused him to miss the return fixture at Wolves on Monday .

Will still be tricky though , Redcar are no longer the whipping boys and have the colourful pair of Garrity and Barker leading their attack . And it's a welcome return for Coty Garcia too .

So let the rain stay away , let the track offer spectacular racing , let the temperature be warm and let the beer be cold .

An entertaining home win as well please .

• Like 3

Definitely not a good forecast for this one, irritating in that last Saturday was glorious and we couldn't get anyone to fulfil the fixture. Be interesting to see the how the resurgent Garrity goes, he usually finds an injury in the few days before an Ashfield fixture.

Definitely not a good forecast for this one, irritating in that last Saturday was glorious and we couldn't get anyone to fulfil the fixture. Be interesting to see the how the resurgent Garrity goes, he usually finds an injury in the few days before an Ashfield fixture.

Forecast is not great, as you say last week was lovely.

Unless things change with the forecast this will probably be a non starter.

Well i woke up to glorious sunshine.

That was yesterday.

Pi*sin down at the moment and the forecast isn't lending itself to speedway today which means if not on today we shall have went a full month without a home meeting before we race again at home.

Heres hoping.

If Redcar were available tomorrow could be possible or next Sat or Sun just a thought

If Redcar were available tomorrow could be possible or next Sat or Sun just a thought

I know it is just the way it is but how much does it p*ss you off that at work all week it is splitting the trees come to a Saturday and it is like a bleak November day.

Pi*sin down at the moment and the forecast isn't lending itself to speedway today which means if not on today we shall have went a full month without a home meeting before we race again at home.

We also have two blank Saturdays in June. We seem to suffer from this every year though and run out of available dates at the business end!

• Like 1

How's the stadium roof coming along?

On the back of 2 wheel barrows along Springburn road.

Latest update one of the wheel barrows have off loaded roof part to put 50inch plasma tv on that they found.

Sounds dodgy but should make the STV news later as to where the plasma came from.

Hope that keeps you up to date.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Cheers Gazc - glad it's all work in progress.

If the meeting goes ahead there will be a couple of changes for the Bears. Charles Wright is out injured (struggled with knee injury at Sheffield), it will be r/r for him. Ellis Perks is also out injured after his crash at Poole, Shelby Rutherford will guest in his place.

Forecast to stop raining around 3pm allegedly.

Cheers Gazc - glad it's all work in progress.

Your welcome.

Was going to come up for this, but seeing the forecast and the fact Bears will field half a team again, I wont bother wasting my time and Money

GIven our injury issues (as a Bears fan) I hope the weather isn't kind and the meeting has to be re-arranged.

GIven our injury issues (as a Bears fan) I hope the weather isn't kind and the meeting has to be re-arranged.

Still no word on wether this is on or off although the sun is showing glimpses of making an appearance.