British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Redcar , Championship Sat 13th May 2017 At 7pm

Are you allowed to be sceptical?

I am because a canoe just passed my front window.

That's usually a good indication that rain is around.

Not ideal, particularly seeing its the Warsaw GP but we are assured it's on. I think the Tigers social media guys are out the country so little info posted. Will head along and hopefully a few turn out.

Astounded this is on with the rain that has fallen today. Hopefully it'll be a decent nights viewing

Forgive me if you find me rather sceptical on track conditions.

Even more pictures posted on Tigers discussion page - pictures v scepticism - you decide but I'm going :D

Even more pictures posted on Tigers discussion page - pictures v scepticism - you decide but I'm going :D

Don"t get me wrong im still going but it has been torrential at times and non stop so it is understandable.

About the result I expected given the side we had out.

Always going to be difficult against a strong Tigers line up at home.

Pretty lacklustre affair until the last few heats when a bit of needle crept in. Garrity had a wild lunge wide without looking over his shoulder off the second bend in ht11 almost wiping out Perry who he never looked to see was there. Its easy to see his absolute disregard for other riders has rightly earned him the rep of a pr1ck.

Summers took care of Garrity in ht13 though things warmed up in ht14. Jonas B Andersens move to run wide off gate 1 and block Lawsons run round the outside was mis-timed rather malicious IMO. It sent RL into a wobble off the fence and forced him to the back though he worked his way through the pack in a bit of a rage and almost got Andersen. In the ensuing words in the pits Barker was in amongst it for no apparent reason and this seemed to fire him up for ht15 when he went under Summers off the second bend and firmly shut the door to win in a great heat. If only he'd shown the same desire last year!

Pretty lacklustre affair until the last few heats when a bit of needle crept in. Garrity had a wild lunge wide without looking over his shoulder off the second bend in ht11 almost wiping out Perry who he never looked to see was there. Its easy to see his absolute disregard for other riders has rightly earned him the rep of a pr1ck.

Summers took care of Garrity in ht13 though things warmed up in ht14. Jonas B Andersens move to run wide off gate 1 and block Lawsons run round the outside was mis-timed rather malicious IMO. It sent RL into a wobble off the fence and forced him to the back though he worked his way through the pack in a bit of a rage and almost got Andersen. In the ensuing words in the pits Barker was in amongst it for no apparent reason and this seemed to fire him up for ht15 when he went under Summers off the second bend and firmly shut the door to win in a great heat. If only he'd shown the same desire last year!

Exactly what someone said to me at the time but you have to hand it to Ben he is certainly worth the admission money .

Suprised it was on, but the result was never in doubt when Redcar sent up half a team, I know injuries are part and parcel of the sport but when your side is seriously weakened by them it makes a mockery of the sport. We have yet to field a full strength team this year.

Had to choose between tiggers or diamonds again, decided to go down to Peterborough to watch the home team. I'm just glad both teams won today, made my weekend. Hopefully the Diamonds beat the moanarchs tomorrow too.

The meeting was saved as a spectacle by that bit of needle as it was a pretty humdrum affair up to then . Our heat leaders were their usual reliable self , and Tom rode well and Dan was a bit unluckly mechanically . Jack continues to struggle , but he's work in progress so there's no issue there . Redcar really only had Barker and Garrity until Andersen upset Richard and they swopped recipes on the back straight . Heat 15 was the best race of the night by far

Very poor meeting im afraid. Fair play to Tom Perry for putting his back wheel where few dared. track was amazing considering the rain that fell earlier.Not sure what JBA did to upset Lawson but dont like seeing riders flicking back wheels at opponents after races......the face off was good fun though.:-)

Not sure what JBA did to upset Lawson

Flicked the back wheel at him on turn 1. Lawson is a pretty sedate character but he was furious afterwards.

Edited by MD

Flicked the back wheel at him on turn 1. Lawson is a pretty sedate character but he was furious afterwards.

Thanks, never seen anything wrong from 2nd bend. Still not sure if riding into him from behind was the right thing to do, wonder if match officials seen anything. Prefer the old fashioned 70s style bust up.:-) as prev said the "afters" was better than most of the racing.

Edited by highroad119