British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Latvian Gp

With the 2017 GP field being so strong there is not going to be an "easy" race, but look what the draw for the Latvian GP this weekend has thrown up for heat 20

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/5715/top-three-in-daugavpils-heat

The current top 3 plus Holder

but there again, how does heat 6 take your fancy - Vaculik, Zmarzlik, Woffinden, Hancock

It can only be a fantastic meeting, hope the weather doesn't spoil it.

Anyone who saw last years SEC round from this venue will remember what a truly incredible meeting that was.

Multiple passing in almost every race - one of the best meetings I've ever seen in 40 years of watching speedway!

Thanks for that, I was convinced I'd seen a classic from this track but couldn't recall which one, here's hoping the track will be prepared in a similar fashion.

Here's the meeting for anyone who fancies a taster this afternoon, I just skimmed through and picked 3 random heats, all had plenty of action but if you jump to

1hr 44mins & 35 seconds (sorry I don't know how to link it) you'll see a Pedersen special on Peter Ljung, I'll miss him when he's gone from the sport, even though I've given him plenty of stick over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_txq-iz0k

Dirty bugger!!!

Edit, thanks was to Keepturningleft, cheers.

Edited by nw42

Watch the heat at 1.27. Only one line on the track that day but it produced great racing.

Will be just one line after 10 heats. Brave riders needed to scrape the boards

Not great racing in first 4 but I've bet on bogdanovs each way so all is good

Oh bogdanovs

By far the worst performance is the cameraman

You can clearly see in lindgrens body language on the bike alll is not well with his knee

Not great racing in first 4 but I've bet on bogdanovs each way so all is good

Oh bogdanovs

By far the worst performance is the cameraman

You can clearly see in lindgrens body language on the bike alll is not well with his knee

Camerawork is poor. Sad for Lindgren after having such a good start.

Agree the camerawork is diabolical it seems the guy above the tapes has never covered the sport before and doesn't know where to aim the camera at the end of a heat and is missing the action off the last bend for minor places.

Poor crowd and after Warsaw not great so far.

Bogdanovs gone from race winner to last place to looking like someone who has never rode a speedway bike before

Whoever prepared this track before and during this meeting has made a complete balls up of it. Hopefully it gets better.

I know why they go to places like this, but it's ridiculous that we're wasting rounds in places like here and Krsko when we could have another round in this country with a much bigger crowd and more than likely a better track.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

Whoever had prepared this track before and during this meeting has made a complete balls up of it. Hopefully it gets better.

I know why they go to places like this, but it's ridiculous that we're wasting rounds in places like here and Krsko when we could have another round in this country with a much bigger crowd and more than likely a better track.

The track does produce good racing, see the link above, but this track is awful. It looks far too dry and dusty with the dirt now wide.

Note to Poole: This is how to prepare a track.

Oh, wait a minute. This is how you prepare a track.

Oh wait a minute again. It's spitting. Standby for a good finish to this meeting

How can that be? The tapes not working properly!! This is the World Championship. As a track, you should be under threat of losing your place on the GP circuit for that.

Tractor racing!

Edited by False dawn

Why is that P over pronunciation plonker going on about bloody pizzas? He spits his 'P's' out like that episode of Friends where Joey was taught to spit P's.

Go and take a pee on the 4th bend. Might make it even with bend 2