British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tyler42

Fast Freddie And The Gtr

With his fantastic start the the GP series. How many riders who are struggling i.e Hancock, Pedersen and the like turn up at the next GP with a GTR under their legs?

None. Would need a few months of testing to get the set up. Might see some switch next season.

• Like 2

With his fantastic start the the GP series. How many riders who are struggling i.e Hancock, Pedersen and the like turn up at the next GP with a GTR under their legs?

It might be a big ask when they are heavily invested elsewhere and have little or no experience of the GTR. Although Doyle did very well in a couple of meetings over here on one. You do seem to see more of them as the weeks go by though and I reckon that's a good thing.

It might be a big ask when they are heavily invested elsewhere and have little or no experience of the GTR. Although Doyle did very well in a couple of meetings over here on one. You do seem to see more of them as the weeks go by though and I reckon that's a good thing.

Competition brings prices down and quality up.

Doubt very much Freddie is on the same sealed unit as GTR are selling to others.

Doubt very much Freddie is on the same sealed unit as GTR are selling to others.

it is the same engine/ same parts but he obviously changes the settings to suit him
  • Like 3

I don't think you can apportion the reason of struggling riders down to machinery it is far more complex than that. Riders like Hancock and Pedersen have been around a long time and their bike have always been fast or faster than most. But each year they get older, their desire has to be questioned and the competition is getting stronger, and Younger......

These first two meetings has highlighted this years strength in the competition, There some terrific races at the weekend, some very tough and hard fought. Somehow I couldn't see Hancock involved with these sort of races..... Just probably, this is the year when the likes of Hancock and Nicki will consider its time to call it a day....

But please don't apportion their problems to only the bikes they're riding......

• Like 2

I don't think you can apportion the reason of struggling riders down to machinery it is far more complex than that. Riders like Hancock and Pedersen have been around a long time and their bike have always been fast or faster than most. But each year they get older, their desire has to be questioned and the competition is getting stronger, and Younger......

These first two meetings has highlighted this years strength in the competition, There some terrific races at the weekend, some very tough and hard fought. Somehow I couldn't see Hancock involved with these sort of races..... Just probably, this is the year when the likes of Hancock and Nicki will consider its time to call it a day....

But please don't apportion their problems to only the bikes they're riding......

but you can clearly see with pedersen he has no speed in his bikes especially on the straights , he is getting into scoring positions and the following riders are all over him, he can't pull away that's not desire that's engine, you can see his frustration as he is riding the rider and not the race and it's costing him, a rider who has no desire won't mix it, pedersen is still mixing it just not got the power to back it up Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

In my opinion it's the combination: rider & machine. Fredrik Lindgren seems to ride stronger already about since last September/October. The GTR team has got more feedback from last season, testing etc. The Package FL & GTR is nowadays more impressive than least season.

On the other hand, you see now and then riders in the GP struggling for a while and suddenly they come back scoring points. Don't forget, basic GM-design comes back from the Eighties, was developed and developed , but GTR is new technique for the future...

PS: I do agree too with the opinion of GRW123 regarding Hancock & Pedersen. Anyway it is highly competitive and interesting GP-season so far.

Edited by Navigator1900

Think Nicki is on the slide,still OK in Sec and Leagues last season but struggled in GP 's and the Gp's is up a notch this season.Plus he has had a few bad injuries in his career which might be also catching up with him.If he is struggling with set- ups this late in his career he is in trouble IMO .Young guns are not going to be intimidated by him nowadays as it was before.

but you can clearly see with pedersen he has no speed in his bikes especially on the straights , he is getting into scoring positions and the following riders are all over him, he can't pull away that's not desire that's engine, you can see his frustration as he is riding the rider and not the race and it's costing him, a rider who has no desire won't mix it, pedersen is still mixing it just not got the power to back it up

This. Thought nicki did very well to get the points he did - chasing rider was always faster but nickI rode good lines and was tough to pass, and of course got his leg into zagars path perfectly to get the exclusion.

His aura has gone though, I reckon it's cos you can't consider anyone hard who has someone holding a fan to cool him!

but you can clearly see with pedersen he has no speed in his bikes especially on the straights , he is getting into scoring positions and the following riders are all over him, he can't pull away that's not desire that's engine, you can see his frustration as he is riding the rider and not the race and it's costing him, a rider who has no desire won't mix it, pedersen is still mixing it just not got the power to back it up

I agree, in the GPs last year he seemed to be lacking a bit of speed too, but this year (so far) he seems well down.

I agree, in the GPs last year he seemed to be lacking a bit of speed too, but this year (so far) he seems well down.

I've seen Nick I in two or three YouTube videos from 2017 and he didn't seem too far off the pace. But I don't think anyone has mentioned his wreck last year with Emil. These riders seem to bounce back quite well after injuries but Nicki really took a hard one there and in my opinion that has made him a little tentative.I've watched the video a few times and the short distance that he moved after he hit the track testifies to how hard the downward force was. As tough as Nick is I would think there must be some remnants of that wreck floating inside that helmet.

• Like 1