Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
lynnboy

Who Is Riding The Gtr Engine ?

Nicki has had issues with his engines for about the last 3 years now.

has never really looked quick during that time.

Nicki has had issues with his engines for about the last 3 years now.

has never really looked quick during that time.

I think that this will be his final year in the GP's he has had a very serious injury just isn't looking like the rider he was and Hancock just looks like things are starting to get away from him I think that evolution is taking it's course no one can go on for ever sadly.

Edited by FAST GATER

I think that this will be his final year in the GP's he has had a very serious injury just isn't looking like the rider he was and Hancock just looks like things are starting to get away from him I think that evolution is taking it's course no one can go on for ever sadly.

I was starting to think that after the last GP.

Knowing Hancock though - he will probably come good again.

Edited by The White Knight

Porsing & Kennett on GTR at Kings Lynn last night

• Like 1

Porsing & Kennett on GTR at Kings Lynn last night

Not good adverts for the engine though

• Like 1

Not good adverts for the engine though

Agree.Clearly the standard unit ,which is deffo not what Freddie is riding.

I know it will take time for set ups etc but I bet Freddies ain't got the same service interval as the sealed unit.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I know it will take time for set ups etc but I bet Freddies ain't got the same service interval as the sealed unit.

I'm not sure they're sealed units yet are they?

They will be sealed straight from the factory. Otherwise, how do the machine examiners know if they have been tampered with for British Racing. NO TAG, NO RACING.

They will be sealed straight from the factory. Otherwise, how do the machine examiners know if they have been tampered with for British Racing. NO TAG, NO RACING.

I thought it was just going to be sealed units if they rolled it out across the league, not the odd rider here and there

I think the ones that have been bought through the BSPA are sealed but like Freddies and others who have had if previously/bought it full price were unsealed?

Is sealed and unsealed not just a case of tuners protecting business by not letting others see their work.So it should not matter.The bikes all have to legal when checked.They can be stripped down if required .GTR say they only produce one camshaft .So it is entirely up to setup to get the best out of a 500cc bike on a speedway track.

Freddie's bike probably is the same as everyone else's. The difference is the engine (all of them) were made to suit Freddie.

I imagine if any top riders swapped bikes it would work for them.

Gerhard Engines produce/supplies just ONE version of the GTR. Just ONE engine set-up. FF has the same engine as we delivery to UK and the rest of the world. FF is not a test/works rider of Gerhard Engines. He is a client who tested the GTR end of 2015 and decided to equip himself with GTR engines for the upcoming season. He bougt 2 and then other 3. 2 GTR for UK and other 5 for Poland, Sweden and the SGP series. It may helps to understand why we have just ONE set-up if you would know more about the idea of Marcel Gerhard. He wanted to create a engine with a modern technology which allowed the engine to run for a longer time. In every other Motorsport category it is possible, so why don't in Speedway too, he thoughs. Having the knowledge of more than 30 years working on GMs and Jawas as tuner and been working a lot on Motocross, Endure, Supermotard engines too and he expirence as a former Speedway rider/ Longtrack Worldchampion the company had the best combition base to realise what we wanted. A fairer competition, supplying riders with the same equipment, saving the riders/promotors costs and try to give the sport a easier way for youngster to get in and the most important thing... to keep them in Speedway.

Really ?.