British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Leicester V Wolves 15th May

Well this a strange fixture with Leicester riding on an unusual home night and Wolves riding away instead of at home. I would hope the Leicester fans appreciate what the Wolves management have done by agreeing to move the fixture, so that both sides are at full strength. Now if the Leicester riders can be agreeable and have an off night so that Wolves can win........................................................ :D Overall Leicester are not as bad as the pundits suggested at the beginning of the season. Wolves away, now hard to judge, since we made the team changes as we have only had one fixture, at Somerset, where we rode with 4 regular team members and three guests. As we are in form, I would expect a point, but hope for more. Lead the way Freddie as you did in Warsaw !

Think this will be a good meeting, I'm looking forward to it.

Oddly enough after 40 something years of watching speedway I have only ever seen a Wolverhampton team in action once. I cant recall what years it was but it was when both leagues became one. And Wolves rode at Long Eaton. Sudden Sam was in the Wolves team and possibly Ronnie Corey.

Reserves will decide this one

I'm hoping to make, so long as the weather doesn't win.

Lions home win by 2.

I'm hoping to make, so long as the weather doesn't win.

Lions home win by 2.

I think the weather will win this one, heavy rain forecast for most of the day :cry:

Well the way our team is riding atm a win is more than possible. Hope the rain stays away and theres a decent turn out!

What do you think of changing Garrity for Gomolski ?

Tough on gomolski but really makes financial and speedway sense

I think Jason has come along way since he rode for the lions a few years ago

Back then he was never say die and very erratic but these days he's still never say die with a bit more control and a welcome signing for us

He's 120% everytime and as a supporter you can't ask for anything more

A good signing i reckon

Don't know about Leicester Bees , Coventry Lions sounds better to me

Back then he was never say die and very erratic but these days he's still never say die with a bit more control and a welcome signing for us.

Have you seen him ride since 'back then'? I'd say his style is still never say die and very erratic. :lol: Good signing though and I'm beginning to feel more and more at home at Leicester with all these ex Coventry riders in the team. :P

Garrity is a lot smoother than he used to be but he still has his moments.

Garrity and Bjerre paired together?

There's plenty of potential there - including for them both going for the same piece of track at the same time. Not for the squemish, children and animals!

I have huge fears that the weather will win this one , If Glyn had still been involved i would have been confident he could repair the damage being done to the track by the rain if he gets a clear few hours. But with Terry now in charge i have a total lack in faith in him being able to get a track into a racing condition much like when his son did the track a few years ago.

Think this will be a good meeting, I'm looking forward to it.

Oddly enough after 40 something years of watching speedway I have only ever seen a Wolverhampton team in action once. I cant recall what years it was but it was when both leagues became one. And Wolves rode at Long Eaton. Sudden Sam was in the Wolves team and possibly Ronnie Corey.

Wouldn't have been both.

If Sam was in the team then it was 1995. Ronnie returned from a bad back injury that year, for Long Eaton. Rest of the Wolves side from memory was Peter Karlsson, Jacob Olsen, Richard Juul, Colin White, Wayne Carter and Stephen Morris.

1996 Ronnie was in the Wolves team but Sam took year out to concentrate on the GP's although he did ride for Sheffield for a spell before they began.

Edited by BWitcher

LeicsCub- I am not so sure that Terry is the problem it's more the lack of shale and clay as now when the track gets wet it turns into sludge as happened at the Somerset match it was over watered before the meeting and track was tricky.

As much as I would like the meeting on with the water already fell and what's expected it may be done difficult