British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Leicester V Wolves 15th May

I get that, but could of gained a 4 point swing with an 8-1, but doesn't matter. Lions definitely shown how to roar by the Wolves

Even though it can only ever be three points 'gained' from a TR I always think a bit of scoreboard pressure from an 8-1 must have an effect.

Superb result (sorry Lions fans). Two full maximums and 1 paid maximum away from home, as a long term Wolves fans, I cannot remember the last time that happened. Still a long way to go, but we should finish in the top 4, which is hurdle number one. Worry about other stuff after that.

I remember a full max, paid max and two riders dropping just a point each. Sadly :/

The team that day contained 3 of the original 2017 Wolves too!

I remember a full max, paid max and two riders dropping just a point each. Sadly :/

The team that day contained 3 of the original 2017 Wolves too!

Care to give us more details ? :D

I do also remember a Wolves win at Lakeside 30-60 ( I was there), with Steve Johnstone in our side. Captain Flymo as he was called then !

Edited by Beowulf

Great Performance by Wolves.

Amazing to have 3 riders unbeaten by the opposition away from home.

Schlein deserves special mention as he earned most of his points the hard way - Heat 10 involving Schlein and Nilsson was excellent.

At the moment we are definitely the best balanced team in the league.

So much for strengthening the Lions team then!Who is next for the chop? We could do with a proper no 5 for a start!

Pity Kenneth Bjerre isn't available. :)

Care to give us more details ? :D

I do also remember a Wolves win at Lakeside 30-60 ( I was there), with Steve Johnstone in our side. Captain Flymo as he was called then !

Was a Coventry vs Wolves fixture on Sky in 2012. Finished about 62-28 to Wolves. Tai and Freddie score maximums, Ludvig and Proctor dropped a point each to a Bees rider. I had nightmares about it for months.

I'm surprised it's still on , I only live 12 miles away its pissed it down all day

Why am I not surprised because it's always raining in Hinckley. :P Driving down the M69 to Coventry last season there would be black clouds over that place even if it was sunny when I started the journey. :lol: Anyway, I live a lot nearer than 12 miles and there was no rain all day apart from a bit of drizzle very early morning. Cold and grey though with always the threat of rain so I decided to stay at home and judging by all the false starts to a number of races I made the right decision. I just can't be doing with all the hanging about in the cold these days. :neutral:

.......GWC...........Counted 7 unsatisfactory starts - who was the ref?

Yes, I'm interested too as it doesn't say on the Updates site.

Edited by Gemini

Why am I not surprised because it's always raining in Hinckley. :P Driving down the M69 to Coventry last season there would be black clouds over that place even if it was sunny when I started the journey. :lol: Anyway, I live a lot nearer than 12 miles and there was no rain all day apart from a bit of drizzle very early morning. Cold and grey though with always the threat of rain so I decided to stay at home and judging by all the false starts to a number of races I made the right decision. I just can't be doing with all the hanging about in the cold these days. :neutral:

Yes, I'm interested too as it doesn't say on the Updates site.

Programme said Chris Durno.

• Like 1

....Driving down the M69 to Coventry last season there would be black clouds.... [/font][/color]

It was an omen. Just one big giant black cloud over Brandon now

• Like 1

Was a Coventry vs Wolves fixture on Sky in 2012. Finished about 62-28 to Wolves. Tai and Freddie score maximums, Ludvig and Proctor dropped a point each to a Bees rider. I had nightmares about it for months.

Well thanks for posting the info. In your position I would tried everything to eradicate it from the memory banks. I keep all my programmes from matches that I've been to, but that one I lost. PhilfromCov, who doesn't seem to post anymore,let me have his copy, I think he just wanted to get rid of 'the damn thing'.

Work in Nuneaton so figured I was half way there and thought I'd go along to this one. Wolves' dominance didn't surprise me in the slightest, having seen them ride against the Coventry select and Rye House already this season. By far the most significant and worthwhile changes of any team in the league, giving top end strength and some depth at reserve in Mark Riss.

Want the Lions to have a good season but that's twice I've seen them annihilated at home now, it's just not a Danny King track either. No shame in losing to Wolves this season though, they'll give others a good tonking too, I can't see where they might lose, not even Wimborne Rd now. No reason why Leicester can't bounce back on bank holiday Monday. Good work by the Lions ownership to get the stadium good to go for tonight by the sounds of it, sounded like the vandals have struck again.

Finally, good to see two great servants of British speedway flying high. Lindgren and Schlein deserve all the success they get for bouncing back from loss of form and injury respectively, as they have.

• Like 1

Embarrassing for Leicester and new averages are in effect for Wolves few before anyone else now they have done four home and four away.

Well some have any way

Think it was 57-33 don't think they hit 60 Edited by T.N.T.

Even with all the restarts and tape changes it was done by around 9:15.

This one?

29th April 2013

COVENTRY were left battered and bemused at Brandon as local rivals Wolverhampton swept to an emphatic 59-31 away victory.

The form book prior to the meeting would have made the in-form Monmore men favourites to extend their impressive start to the season – but not to inflict the Buildbase Bees’ heaviest home defeat of the modern era.

Yet there could be no argument over the gulf between the sides, with Tai Woffinden and Freddie Lindgren both scoring maximums for the visitors, helped by plentiful support from the lower-order.

Woffinden was only once threatened, that coming in Heat 11 by a bold effort from Coventry captain Scott Nicholls who charged inside the team-riding Woffinden and Ty Proctor going into the last lap. Woffinden, however, turned back for the inside and beat Nicholls into the third bend to keep his unbeaten run going.

Nicholls had the mild consolation of ending Proctor’s maximum hopes with second place, and he was also the nearest to beating Lindgren until the Swede switched inside him off the fourth bend in Heat 13.

A night of catastrophe started badly with Aaron Summers falling in Heat 1 and Krzysztof Kasprzak conceding maximum points to Woffinden and Proctor.

The margin was held at four points after Heat 4, but Wolves put the match beyond doubt by the halfway stage with a devastating run of four successive 5-1s starting in Heat 5.

One of those saw Nicholls outgunned by Ricky Wells and Adam Skornicki when on a tactical ride, and Grzegorz Zengota’s effort for double points in Heat 12 was similarly unsuccessful.

By that stage it was damage limitation, with Kasprzak and Summers supplying a rare 5-1 for the Bees in Heat 10, and returning duo Olly Allen and Stuart Robson teaming up in Heat 14.

Both of the newcomers scored to the level expected and Allen was testing machinery on the circuit following the conclusion of the meeting – which happened in predictable fashion with Woffinden and Lindgren taking Wolves to the brink of the 60-point mark with a 5-1 in Heat 15.

Coventry promoter Mick Horton said: “All I can do is apologise to the fans who turned out tonight. I think that’s probably the worst performance I’ve seen from a team in Coventry colours, and live on television as well. It’s devastating.

“All you can do is try to keep spirits up. We have to dig in and hope we can pull out a win from the next meeting against Lakeside, but really everyone is lost for words at the moment.

“Our top two aren’t firing and then it’s like a domino effect. Everyone is low, and I don’t understand it – but fair play to Wolverhampton, they thoroughly deserved it. Something is going wrong with our boys but no rider goes out to deliberately lose a race.”

BUILDBASE BEES 31: Stuart Robson 6+1, Grzegorz Zengota 6, Olly Allen 6, Scott Nicholls 5+1, Aaron Summers 5, Krzysztof Kasprzak 3+1, Michal Szczepaniak 0.

WOLVERHAMPTON 59: Tai Woffinden 15, Freddie Lindgren 12+3, Ludvig Lindgren 9+1, Ricky Wells 9, Ty Proctor 7+3, Jacob Thorssell 4, Adam Skornicki 3+1.

BUILDBASE BEES 31

Krzysztof Kasprzak 1 R 2* 0 = 3+1

Aaron Summers F 1 1 3 0 = 5

Grzegorz Zengota 3 1 F 1^ 1 = 6

Olly Allen 1 0 2 3 = 6

Scott Nicholls 1* 1^ 2 1 = 5+1

Michal Szczepaniak 0 0 0 = 0

Stuart Robson 2 2 0 0 2* = 6+1

WOLVERHAMPTON 59

Tai Woffinden 3 3 3 3 3 = 15

Ty Proctor 2* 2* 2* 1 = 7+3

Ricky Wells 2 3 1 3 = 9

Adam Skornicki 0 2* 0 1 = 3+1

Freddie Lindgren 3 2* 3 2* 2* = 12+3

Ludvig Lindgren 3 3 1 2* = 9+1

Jacob Thorssell 1 0 3 0 = 4

1 WOFFINDEN 58.8 Proctor, Kasprzak, Summers (f) (1-5)

2 L.LINDGREN 59.8 Robson, Thorssell, Szczepaniak (3-9)

3 ZENGOTA 60.1 Wells, Allen, Skornicki (7-11)

4 F.LINDGREN 59.4 Robson, Nicholls, Thorssell (10-14)

5 WOFFINDEN 58.9 Proctor, Zengota, Allen (11-19)

6 L.LINDGREN 60.4 F.Lindgren, Summers, Kasprzak (ret) (12-24)

7 WELLS 60.1 Skornicki, Nicholls^, Szczepaniak (13-29)

8 THORSSELL 60.3 Proctor, Summers, Robson (14-34)

9 F.LINDGREN 60.9 Allen, L.Lindgren, Zengota (f) (16-38)

10 SUMMERS 60.3 Kasprzak, Wells, Skornicki (21-39)

11 WOFFINDEN 60.5 Nicholls, Proctor, Szczepaniak (23-43)

12 WELLS 60.6 L.Lindgren, Zengota^, Robson (24-48)

13 WOFFINDEN 60.1 F.Lindgren, Nicholls, Kasprzak (25-53)

14 ALLEN 61.5 Robson, Skornicki, Thorssell (30-54)

15 WOFFINDEN 60.5 F.Lindgren, Zengota, Summers (31-59)